Sea Turtle in Cat Zones

Aradiel said:
Just to confirm, where did you get it, did you fish up zero items most of the time, and approximately how many casts was it?

Congratulations BTW. :)

I was fishing for wreckages like i'm always doing between bg's but i didn't went to Tanaris yet, i skipped on bg's because there were so many to find along the coast there. I was looking for a way, in south Tanaris, to climb up the mountains to get the flightpath and go around the mobs but i coudn't find a way then i decided to have a look at Uldum wich borders with Tanaris on the shore line and saw some silly 85 fishing in the sea on the border. I passed him, entered Uldum and saw a pool and thought let's see if it's true that i'm not able to catch anything from it and why the **** isn't the 85 fishing from those. But yeah, i didn't got anything but the pool disappeared anyway. Made a joke to a friend that i was going to make a ticket and ask why i'm not getting anything from the school but still disappeared. I went a little further and it was another school of some other fish and i tried. Didn't catch something my first and seccond cast but on the third i got the Sea Turtle :)

So there you have it, on my 6th cast, I guess im very lucky ^^

6 casts >.> I have a fishing hat from dailys, non combat pet from dailies, and a lucky fishing hat. Hopefully my luck has not run out. I will be all over this once i gather my last few arena masters for my first agm, hopefully ill snag the one coming up in 2 minutes. Also, congrats!

Excellent, thanks for the explanation. Yes, very lucky. As with all RNG, you can get it first time or not get it on the thousandth time. As for getting to Uldum, I headed south towards the FP and then just went along the coast. There's plenty of pools along the coast, although as mentioned, you tend to catch nothing at all from them.

The first time I did it, I found five pools all right next to each other, east part of the sourthern coast. I just did it again recently and found one pool, and then got bored because I realised this was going to take forever. Soloing this will be incredibly time consuming. Ideally you want to be flown by someone also interested in fishing up a turtle with you.

i myself would like to see a screenshot of character list, where it says upgrade to full version at top.

imo would be easy to make a 20 on cata account, keep to the rules of enchants, don't use BOA helms/cloaks, etc. and fish in cata zones

there are alot of BC capped players, i have yet to see much on them getting turtles

Screenshots can be faked, but if you go here: Statistics - Game - World of Warcraft and see that their highest skill in all primary professions is 100, that lends support to it being a trial. That, and the fact they said it was a trial. I'm not sure what other kind of proof you want, short of a YouTube video showing them logging in.

As for the lack of BC people with a turtle, perhaps that has something to do with none of them trying, and all of them, like you, saying it's impossible.

Personally, I think it is possible. Obviously it's all RNG and the drop rate is pretty low. Some people get it right away, without trying, others can spend hundreds of hours with no result. I will be trying from time to time, but it's such a pain to do alone that I won't be doing it often.

Aradiel said:
As for the lack of BC people with a turtle, perhaps that has something to do with none of them trying, and all of them, like you, saying it's impossible.

The things in life most worth doing were thought to be impossible at some point. /agree with Aradiel.

I was thinking what would the purpose of having a turtle mount as a F2p player besides as look what i got mount then i was thinking u could use it to go up and down the coast for Fishing tourny faster then running or mounting !

It's something I'll continue to work towards. I have my toon parked in Uldum. Granted I can fish maybe 3-4 pools w/o having to swim for 10 minutes, but it's worth doing.

Turtle is great for the tourney as you mentioned but also vanity purposes. I mean how cool, srsly

Don't be jelly pwnadin, i died like 15 times getting there, aquatic form or not, at least walking across tanaris i can take a hit, the ****ing fish come out of the water and hit you for 6k >.>

Also, marsh? like in the delta-like area? and I have a full stack+ of swim speed pots from fishing dailys lol, in case you wanna drop alch

I guess i'll be hitting up the east coast again, I would advise against Ramkahen unless you have someone who is bored enough to summon you there on their 85 on a reg basis.

shanker said:
i myself would like to see a screenshot of character list, where it says upgrade to full version at top.

imo would be easy to make a 20 on cata account, keep to the rules of enchants, don't use BOA helms/cloaks, etc. and fish in cata zones

Didn't see this post, well, here you go.

Good luck fishing ^^

Users who are viewing this thread