Sea Turtle in Cat Zones

allahkazam said:
was going to vouch for you being f2p because you couldn't whisper me until i whispered you first!

I am super jealous of that ****ing turtle too. I want it on my main :(

Meh everything is pointing to me on a f2p account anyways, didn't even have to post screens. Armory says enough!

cool thanks for shot

i got my fishing to 375....will have to try to catch vendors for the +100 lures. got lucky on cooking quest....captain rumsey lager recipe. still no luck on a +30 pole from fishing dailies...just a hat so far. will have to use my +5 pole with the +1 line enchant for now while i sit in ques

I've definitely seem a f2p acct with the turtle mount. A 20 hunter on AP Alliance side - Lino? Something like that. Compared achievements just to see if it was a F2P acct - it is: No mail box charges, no AH activity, gold max 10g even and a shit ton HKs and BOAs. Kudos to that player.

R Prime said:
I've definitely seem a f2p acct with the turtle mount. A 20 hunter on AP Alliance side - Lino? Something like that. Compared achievements just to see if it was a F2P acct - it is: No mail box charges, no AH activity, gold max 10g even and a shit ton HKs and BOAs. Kudos to that player.

Yup Lofi got it now 2, congrats ^^

I just did an Uldum run, half way down the southern coast and got zero pools. I almost gave up. Then, after getting my Wetlands hatchling, I decided to check out TH. Much to my surprise, almost nothing attacked me all the way to the coast. When I got to the coast I got 10+ pools, all within easy reach, and nothing attacking me. It would be easier to get to some for horde, I had a horde NPC patrolling some of the pools. The alliance base didn't seem to have any pools.

I can't speak for the drop rate of the turtle itself, but it seems clear to me that TH has far more pools, you can ride instead of swim along the coast, and most of it is completely free of things attacking you.

As for the blue hat, and pet, I got those too, as well as the Rumsey recipe. They seemed to be very common among Cat fisherman I have spoken to. Again with RNG, I got my LFH with only 17 tasty fish, and a couple junk casts. On other characters I spent two hours each Sunday for months with no result. I see the turtle being a similar prospect. Leo got theirs in a couple casts, other people may never get it, even after hundreds of hours trying. That's how RNG works. The drop rate is still quite low.

Congrats to those who have it. Keep trying everyone else.

There were some naga and water elementals, but I found if you waited for the naga to run and do their thing they stopped attacking you. Obviously it's not completely free of things attacking you, but I found many pools that were clear.

Also, my PC locked up while there, which is why I stopped paying for this game. TB and a lot of Cat stuff just gives my PC a BSoD. Earlier content is fine. GM put me back in Elwynn within ten minutes. Something to keep in mind if that's anything to do with why F2P quit in the first place.

After taking a few days off from playing and working on my blog, I've decided to get back into the game and start the hunt for my turtle again. I was highly dreading going back to Twilight Highlands again because of the long swim to initially get to the coast. This time around I said, heck with it. I decided to head from Arathi Highlands > Wetlands > Twilight Highlands. I entered and there was not a single hostile NPC throughout the entire zone (except for the gigantic drake flying around. The only hostile mobs are the naga and elementals towards the eastern coast. BUT if you venture down past the bay - smooth sailing and a TON of pools. I just got to my first one now. Just wanted to share this bit.

Yes, that's what I was trying to describe. I think it should be possible to do a complete run from NE to SW coast without dying at all. I also found some pools inland as I was exploring and collecting FPs, although with only two and a slow spawn rate, they are hardly worth camping. If you see anything too close to a pool, just skip it. There are 10-15 pools along the coast in a single run, so there should be plenty of fishing. Compare Uldum, and it's no contest. TH wins hands down for number of pools and ease of soloing.

Looks like we found our niche. Good luck to you! I won't be doing much PvP action when I have a chance to play. I will probably be dedicating most of my play time to fishing and working on my blog.

I just fished up the turtle in TH along the coast, so it does drop there, in this patch, and for trials. Every cast would catch nothing at all until the turtle itself was hooked.

Good luck, all. Don't give up.

Now, to win the BB comp...

Will do, Shift. :) I might mount up in AB when I'm defending. Pwnadin and I are different people. I don't blog. I first tried Uldum, as did Pwnadin, but the amount of travel time compared to fishing in pools was pretty bad, so I tried TH instead. We both agreed it was the better zone for 20s. Most of the time you're perfectly safe, and you can ride along the coast instead of needing to swim as you do in Uldum.

My strategy was a little different to Pwnadin. I fished along more of the coast. The naga spawn at a set rate, and run a set path. As long as you keep out of their way, they won't attack you. The only really dangerous mobs were the water elementals, and for alliance, the guards in the horde camp. The other problem can be the bombs. Just ignore all pools near bombs or water elementals. An issue I had, which most wouldn't, is that my PC constantly crashes in the southern coast. Fortunately I don't have to go back there anymore, at least until I decide to focus on another character.

Users who are viewing this thread