Sea Turtle in Cat Zones

No, even being linked, the trial, Blizz are calling it starter, account is still BC. Of course while fishing for the shark in NR on my 19 for the blue fishing hat before the nerf, I would regularly catch nothing in the same way as this, but still get skill ups, and still caught several sharks.

What I'm saying is that in certain NR pools I would catch absolutely nothing. There were a few pools I'd go to along the coast that were free of high levels. In one type of pool I would catch absolutely nothing, even though I got skill ups. I can't confirm that F2P can catch the turtle yet, but I'm not prepared to rule it out either.

ya. I have caught nothing in Uldum pools with a lvl 8 I have there. With the following quote taken from El's Extreme Anglin' I gotta wonder if it's even possible.

- Cataclysm high-level zone pools can be fished from skill 1 to 525. No need to "waste" time catching low-value fish.

- Pools can be fished without ever catching junk. Even at skill 1. Every catch is valuable.

I was given that little spark of ambition to farm out something ridiculous again. Last night I made a painful travel to TWH and made my way to the coast. I fished in the pools where the river meets the coast. After a couple dozen or so, I never once fished up a single item. Skill ups with the lack of anything in a loot window. As stated above, I'm not sure this is possible, so for now I'll back down. **On a side note - For those continuing to chase this, I'd highly recommend Twilight Highlands. I found 2 small areas without NPCs. Quick pool respawn rate.

Pwnadin said:
Sea Turtle is a Wotlk item. Although you may be able to enter the cata zones I'm not sure this is obtainable on a f2p with classic/TBC restrictions.

I don't know if your logic holds. A paid Classic account (without upgrading even to BC), can go into the AH and buy anything they wish. If it's level-appropriate, they can buy it. The restrictions we have are that we can't use the AH, and can't trade...not that we can't use anything originating from a Northrend or Cat zone. I would guess since we can go to Cat zones, we can fish the turtle. I'm also guessing sooner or later, some f2p will luck out.

I see what you're saying solv. I'm not saying I'm correct, it's just a premonition for lack of a better term. You make a valid point but unfortunately I'm not one of those people to farm this out unless I have conclusive evidence.

Pwnadin said:
unfortunately I'm not one of those people to farm this out unless I have conclusive evidence.

:) neither am I. I gave up on my main at about 2300 pools. :/ I think if the day comes that I feel like maxing fishing, I'll probably go to a Cat area just to see if I'm lucky, but beyond that...no thanks.

blizzard btw, did a post and nerfed fishing in Cata areas unless you have Cata. from schools normally there is just level 5+ requirement and be trained to fish and van-wow account gold farmers where farming/fishing volatiles, etc.

shanker said:
blizzard btw, did a post and nerfed fishing in Cata areas unless you have Cata. from schools normally there is just level 5+ requirement and be trained to fish and van-wow account gold farmers where farming/fishing volatiles, etc.

I. Am. So. Confused.

simple.....you don't have cata expansion.......you cannot catch fish in cata zones

shanker said:
simple.....you don't have cata expansion.......you cannot catch fish in cata zones

November 23, 2010 blue post: * Players can no longer catch new high-level fish when fishing near level 80-85 zones unless the account is upgraded to Cataclysm.

(source: MMO-Champion - November 23 Hotfixes, Setup of the Month, Atlasloot v6)

so that looks to be accurate...however...the sea turtle is a wotlk item. I wonder if it's affected by this. I mean, it does say "NEW high-level fish" and by the time Cata hit, the turtle wasn't new anymore.

leotseddap said:
I guess i was wrong >< I thought it was not possible because we didnt have the wotlk or cata content ^^

Happy hunting :)

Well damn, better get on that before Blizz decides to get rid of it for no better reason than the fact that they love limitations >.>

Just to confirm, where did you get it, did you fish up zero items most of the time, and approximately how many casts was it?

Congratulations BTW. :)

Users who are viewing this thread