Sea Turtle in Cat Zones

It seems for once I'm actually ahead of someone on something >.>

I've been in Uldum ALL DAY on Reddpath trying to get that turtle. F2p account. Only thing I haven't been able to figure out is if the turtle has a skill level requirement or w/e...like if you have to match the skill level of the pools and whatnot. /shrug

But yes, to answer your question, you can get to Uldum on a f2p account...dunno about TWH or anything else. Be prepared for a SHIT load of dying just to get there though.

Hehe yes, that's why I was asking ahead of time. I didn't feel like going through "a SHIT load of dying" only to find that I get zoned out as soon as I get there.

Good luck on your turtle quest too.

Just a little update, I didn't find I died very often at all. It was actually pretty easy. At 280/375 skill though, I was not catching any actual items. Nothing at all from pools, but I was getting skill ups. I could catch junk from open water though. After ten or so pools and literally zero items, I've sort of given up. Unless I see a 20, and probably more to the point, a BC level fishing skilled 20, with a turtle, I will just put this in the nice idea, but probably more effort than it's worth basket.

I'm sure someone out there has 20 bank alts, because they can mount, and will try for this. If it's possible, I'll give it another shot.

I dont think there is any requirement. I fished it up on my Deathknight 2days ago with a very low fishing skill, think it was 185 at that time.

Piielover @ Darksorrow - Game - World of Warcraft <--- Armory.

As you can see im low in fishing and u can also see i got the achi from fishing up mount.

I fished it up in Dragonblight while i was doing Kaluak Dailies, but i have read on wowhead that it is fishable in cata waters.

Aradiel said:
Just a little update, I didn't find I died very often at all. It was actually pretty easy. At 280/375 skill though, I was not catching any actual items. Nothing at all from pools, but I was getting skill ups. I could catch junk from open water though. After ten or so pools and literally zero items, I've sort of given up. Unless I see a 20, and probably more to the point, a Cat level fishing skilled 20, with a turtle, I will just put this in the nice idea, but probably more effort than it's worth basket.

I'm sure someone out there has 20 bank alts, because they can mount, and will try for this. If it's possible, I'll give it another shot.

you gave up after TEN OR SO pools???????????

uuuuh

Even without you getting any items, I'd say giving up after about 2,000 pools would be giving up early.

You guys care that much for a mount that doesn't give a land speed bonus?

Parfait said:
You guys care that much for a mount that doesn't give a land speed bonus?

It's like 99.99999% of everything else in this game. You get it because you want it.

Imagine seeing a 20 Troll Druid riding a turtle.

The 19 other people in the BG -> "WTH?"

I tried to get the turtle in uldum too but I get nothing from the pools(350 skill +lure).No junk items or fish,I get nothing.According to Els extreme angling you should be able to fish in pools just with 1 skill(I dont know,I left WoW 2 years ago) so I am not sure that it works(bug or there is some kind of F2P restriction).

random1 said:
I tried to get the turtle in uldum too but I get nothing from the pools(350 skill +lure).No junk items or fish,I get nothing.According to Els extreme angling you should be able to fish in pools just with 1 skill(I dont know,I left WoW 2 years ago) so I am not sure that it works(bug or there is some kind of F2P restriction).

You're fishing in a Cata pool. The fish aren't going to show up unless you have the cata level fishing. That being said, the turtle still will show up when/if it drops. Don't be discouraged by an empty loot window.

I've only given up for now. If someone shows it can be done then 2k+ pools would be no problem. I'd do it until it gets done. As above, you should be able to fish in pools successfully with 1 skill. I got the LFH rare with 30 skill. I'm not sure if it's a F2P restriction, a level restriction, or a BC account restriction, but either way, after catching nothing at all, I have my doubts it can be done. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Also, it only gives a swim speed bonus, no mounted speed bonus. It's the same as walking on land. That said, swimming under water, and along the coast is a lot faster, which is useful, as well as just the amusement factor of having one, especially at 20.

I would say it is possible given that I have fished it up on my p2p 19 and I hear that a few 29s have it. I wasn't mad enough to fish up a mount that I cant ride but I made a few attempts for the weather beaten fishing hat back in the day and got lucky.

Noraan said:
It gives 60% land speed bonus like anyother mount... Just that it also gives a swim speed bonus also.

Correction it does not give any land speed bonus at all. Only swim speed bonus.

Deranger said:
Correction it does not give any land speed bonus at all. Only swim speed bonus.

Why I question peoples desire.

As much as I'd love this on my toon, I'm not sure this is possible to get. FACT: F2P accounts have access to classic and TBC content. Sea Turtle is a Wotlk item. Although you may be able to enter the cata zones I'm not sure this is obtainable on a f2p with classic/TBC restrictions. Now I can say you have the option to link a trial to your main (p2p) account. Does this mean your linked trial acct has access to cata content?

Users who are viewing this thread