Queues alread 9m long and growing :/

Sure, people can make a level 29 alt, but some people have spent a lot of time and money on their 20s and don't just wanna abandon them.

Yeah, that sucks and I totally get that. It is what it is - that's on Blizzard making the change that they made. It's on us players to make the best out of it.

instead of going for wotlk twinking

Why would anyone? That's the whole draw of it, and likely the whole cash-grab of subs behind this nonsense.

But realize that it's not going to last very long, especially compared to retail with the new xpac coming out Soon™...

It's on us players to make the best out of it.

Basically this. Neither option is going to last or stay the same forever, so you either adapt for the moment or move on and cry about it not being "fair" for you anymore instead of unfair for everyone else like you preferred....

edit- at sleeper, Jai.... not you. He's been obliviously spewing entitlement for weeks now about it.

Thats what I don't understand about the "adapt and make a Shadowlands 29 mindset". If going to commit to playing a subbed twink account, why would you limit yourself to a bracket that is only active during peak hours instead of going for wotlk twinking - which also has levelers in the participation pool to boost queue times?

Bro, as I said, you do you. Enough of this toxic bullshit; go play wotlk and have that fun you're talking about so much.

I and many others will continue to sub and play 29s because that's what we like - stop crying and actually play the game.

God, you must be that one guy in the BG that just sits and afks after 1 lost fight in mid at the beginning of the game and cries about the state of the bracket, yuck...

Thats what I don't understand about the "adapt and make a Shadowlands 29 mindset". If going to commit to playing a subbed twink account, why would you limit yourself to a bracket that is only active during peak hours instead of going for wotlk twinking - which also has levelers in the participation pool to boost queue times?

Because it's an off shoot "non-real" wow version that has a 100% ending point... when Blizzard launches the next legacy expansion version... WOTLK completely dies 10000000% (just like classic and TBC)... not true with retail... it will always be here (until at least the game ends).

*the queues are actually going up during peak hours. So I would not be so sure anything is dying. People are just adapting to when they have to play. Twinks by nature will do whatever crazy shit is required to twink.

I and many others will continue to sub and play 29s because that's what we like - stop crying and actually play the game.
Did y'all play your 29s just as much before the merge since that's "what you like"? Big doubt. And even if let's say you did, i doubt, again, you liked it as much as you do now, having the upper hand.

Did y'all play your 29s just as much before the merge since that's "what you like"? Big doubt. And even if let's say you did, i doubt, again, you liked it as much as you do now, having the upper hand.

No, I didn't. I played in the bracket where my friends were in and where the majority was in, of course.
I did though play 24s in MoP, 29s in WoD, and Legion while just "recently" moved to 20s in BFA and SL because that's where the majority of the people were in.

I am now very happy to play my 29 "again" due to more spells and finesse to work and have fun with. I myself never liked the 20s toolkit, and the restrictions it contained, not to mention the egos majority of the people have, lol.

I don't like my 29 because I have the "upper hand" lol; I like it because I have access to a lot of the spells, I as a 20 WW monk, lacked, which basically made me a punching bag/wheelchair class for the past (circa) 4 years, and I think that's the case for a lot more classes.

Instead of being mad at Blizzard, make the best out of it and gear up your 29 so we can have competitive games ;)

Pce.

I think the main benefit of this is being far too overlooked.... now you can sub at 20 and get games! FINALLY.

So stop being restricted to the limitations of not paying for access that everyone else pays for and re-sub up that vet!

It's exactly the same now for veterans either way, sub or unsub. Blizz finally listened to your pleas, enjoy!

(all get-over-yourselves sarcasm aside.... go play wrath, everyone! It's not gonna be good for long. Hop on a fresh DK and ruin the 59 bracket for levelers and veteran twinks alike, that's what they're there for.... right?)

edit- honestly, AV leveling through 50's in wrath classic is pretty damn good right now. Or was, not sure if it'll keep after AV weekend is over today. Lots of games and pretty good ones, at least in my queues last few days. DKs are thinning out.

The 20s ARE still queueing. IM STILL QUEUEING.
the 20s would still be queing so u lost 4/5
But the bracket is literally half the size @ peak time because they removed half the population. That's the simple math of the matter.

Yeah, expect to not have fun if you want to primarily play as level 20 - end of story. That's how its been in the past and its how it's going to be moving forward if bracket is combined with a higher lvl than 20. Adapt to it and you'll have a whole different experience, trust!

In the past the space between a 20 and a 24 or a 29 was MUCH closer. With the post stat squish the brackets are effectively 20 levels wide rather than the 5 level brackets we had 10ish years ago. It used to be FUN to slap around 24s with a group of 20s. Now a group of 20s against a 29 5 man basically has to exhaust tactical stratagems and consumables to prolong a loss.

The 20s ARE still queueing. IM STILL QUEUEING.

In the past the space between a 20 and a 24 or a 29 was MUCH closer. With the post stat squish the brackets are effectively 20 levels wide rather than the 5 level brackets we had 10ish years ago. It used to be FUN to slap around 24s with a group of 20s. Now a group of 20s against a 29 5 man basically has to exhaust tactical stratagems and consumables to prolong a loss.

Agreed, it used to be much better for the 20s, but the times have changed, I guess.
Why don't you create a 29 and slap everyone around as the majority is planning/already doing? Reminiscing of the past is not going to get you anywhere really - if anything, it's very annoying to look at while we're over here actually playing and missing players like You in our BGs ;)

Cheers!

Agreed, it used to be much better for the 20s, but the times have changed, I guess.
Why don't you create a 29 and slap everyone around as the majority is planning/already doing? Reminiscing of the past is not going to get you anywhere really - if anything, it's very annoying to look at while we're over here actually playing and missing players like You in our BGs ;)

Cheers!
Why would I pay for a scuffed version of something i've done mostly free for the greater part of 10 years. Why dont you just play 60 then if your idea of fun is spending money for more buttons.

Unfortunately the facts are the facts. The levelers are what made the queues pop all the time BEFORE the current debacle... not the amount of 20s (FTP or VET) that were in the bracket. With out levelers, even if there were no 29s, the queues would still suck badly. Don't try to convince yourself that they would not and that some how the 29s are making anything more than a tiny handful of people that want to hold on to their 20s post here and whine about shit.

The lack of the levelers has just squished the bracket into about 2pmCST to about 7pmCST. Realistically that is when normal people should be playing a game anyway. And, again, those queues are increasing in frequency the more people make the transition to 29, which regardless of opinion is clearly on the up.

It sucks with out the insta pop leveler nitro boost... but, the games are better with out them.

Would I like to have it the way it was before with no 29s... 100%, but that is between Blizzard and Blizzard and nobody else.

Last edited:
Would I like to have it the way it was before with no 29s... 100%, but that is between Blizzard and Blizzard and nobody else.

You can voice your concern by "Voting" with your time; If you find that the combined 20s + 29s bg is not your taste, take a break and relog once new expansion launches. If the new talents/"stat squish" are worth your time then congrats. If not, move on. At the end of the day, this game is just a bunch of pixels.

You can voice your concern by "Voting" with your time; If you find that the combined 20s + 29s bg is not your taste, take a break and relog once new expansion launches. If the new talents/"stat squish" are worth your time then congrats. If not, move on. At the end of the day, this game is just a bunch of pixels.

The issue with voting with your time is that denotes that your time was worth something to somebody... FTP is worth nothing to Blizzard. Just like I'm sure you like cheeseburgers, I can flippantly say "you don't you need cheeseburgers find something else to eat, at the end of the day its just delicious meat and cheese"... that does not mean you still don't want a cheeseburger.

Reactions: Sil
that does not mean you still don't want a cheeseburger.

They want a freeburger, not a cheeseburger.

To go into the soup line at the homeless shelter and bitch they arent serving steak. That's 99.9% of this "discussion".

Yes I get the other 0.1% of time invested.... but you can STILL get everything you use to get if you sub up. Except levelers in locked XP, but let's be honest - undergeared f2play were just as good for that. Now 29 took that alpha spot tho, oh well.

So choke down that freeburger or buy yourself some steak. It's really all a personal choice now, not Blizz being shitty.

But then how is he gonna let everyone know how poor and entitled we are?

Yeah, doin ok on your own. ;)

Stop dragging us 20s into it.

Sorry, thought this was the 20's forums. :YEP:

Honestly vets and f2play would not be so sore if they were alpha dog in the new queues, we all know it. If the new cap for f2play became 29 there would be a little grumbling about re-gearing and legacy investement , then up to 29 and back to shittin on fodder. Because the limitation of FREE play is 20, that's the 'white knight" level of participation. If it all went up so would everyone with it.

So 29 is NOT the problem.... the limitation of not paying for the game is the problem.

edit- and as such, I dont begrudge anyone for wanting free WoW. I begrudge everyone that bitches about lack of steak in the soup line.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread