QUESTIONS! Do you have a simple question? Ask it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested in a macro that would make Judgement easier.

Something that would switch to my previous target after casting maybe?

Any ideas? :D

I tend not to even use it if things get too crazy so I want to optimize it, so I'll use it more.

Ok, so it seems that all paladin specs are capable of all roles, so it then falls down to which spec people believe is most viable for PvP. Not looking to do arenas too much, so mainly keep 'ab' and 'wsg' in mind. Thanks :)

Also, do people recommend tauren or blood elf paladin?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested in a macro that would make Judgement easier.

Something that would switch to my previous target after casting maybe?

Any ideas? :D

I tend not to even use it if things get too crazy so I want to optimize it, so I'll use it more.

#showtooltip
/targetenemyplayer [@target,help]
/use Judgement
/stopmacro [@target,noharm]
/targetlasttarget

...this should select any nearby enemy, judge them, and put you back on your previous target.

I'm at work and can't test this on my pally (bad pino, you're on company time!). I've tried to preemptively correct it so it won't freak out if you already have an enemy targeted. If it doesn't work right, first delete "[@target,help]" and see if that works, then try it without the /stopmacro [@target,noharm] line. Then give up and ask me ingame, I should be able to get it working in a minute or two.

Your other option is to use a mouseover macro:

#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Judgement

...this will judge any enemy you're hovering your mouse over, or else an enemy you have targeted normally. The macro won't pick a target for you, but it's easy to use in combat without having to screw with your target. I love mouseover macros, but they're not for everyone.

(They did finally add the first "E" to Judgement, right?)

Ok, so it seems that all paladin specs are capable of all roles, so it then falls down to which spec people believe is most viable for PvP. Not looking to do arenas too much, so mainly keep 'ab' and 'wsg' in mind. Thanks :)

Ret and Holy are two of the most powerful specs in the game, you definitely can't go wrong with either of them. Prot is a little weaker and more difficult to gear, but it's a very viable spec with interesting ranged damage. There is no wrong answer, unlike some other classes, so pick whatever appeals to you.

Tauren and Blood Elf are both good. I'd lean towards Blood Elf for melee since the resist is better vs hunters, and the silence can be cast while moving and won't DR your HoJ. I might lean toward Tauren for Holy because the stun will let you get off a heal without fear of kick, which the BE racial doesn't prevent. But really, both races are very good for both roles, if you prefer the looks/lore of one or the other, you're not gimping yourself at all by using the "wrong" one.

(The same isn't true about alliance pallies; Draenei and Dwarf are both trash compared to Humans).

can f2p horde do the goblin's starting area quest and/or can they get the goblin mount?

Ret healing burns your mana really quickly, from my experience you won't be able to keep the FCer up by yourself. Prot seems to be somewhere in the middle but your only damage is exo-spam/avenger's shield. Holy has almost no DPS.

Holy is too hot (all heals), ret is too cold (not so good heals), prot is just right as far as heals and damage go. In PUGs both holy and ret can be frustrating both require teamwork, playing ret and healing every other step is not my idea of fun and healing bad DPS who don't focus healers or won't keep people off you isn't either. Prot can do a little bit of both making it ideal for PUGs in my opinion. You don't need to rely too much on your team to be somewhat effective were ret and holy both do. Also one of the only silences in this bracket, combined with BE racial and HoJ you could complete shut down a stubborn healer easy. However, BE racial as holy can be a completely unused spell in BGs, not many times when holy paladins should even get that close to someone were's War Stomp could be really good as holy as Pino mentioned but you could always use Hand of Protection in a similar scenario, kick is a physical spell. Yep, rogues cry :D

Pick what race you wanna play as you will be staring at them for HOURS ie don't make a tauren if you can't bare to look at them :)

"I got a cool racial but I never wanna play my paladin :("
^Don't be that person.

#showtooltip
/targetenemyplayer [@target,help]
/use Judgement
/stopmacro [@target,noharm]
/targetlasttarget

...this should select any nearby enemy, judge them, and put you back on your previous target.

I'm at work and can't test this on my pally (bad pino, you're on company time!). I've tried to preemptively correct it so it won't freak out if you already have an enemy targeted. If it doesn't work right, first delete "[@target,help]" and see if that works, then try it without the /stopmacro [@target,noharm] line. Then give up and ask me ingame, I should be able to get it working in a minute or two.

Your other option is to use a mouseover macro:

#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Judgement

...this will judge any enemy you're hovering your mouse over, or else an enemy you have targeted normally. The macro won't pick a target for you, but it's easy to use in combat without having to screw with your target. I love mouseover macros, but they're not for everyone.

(They did finally add the first "E" to Judgement, right?)
Sounds good but won't this potentially break an enemy who is CC'd?

Rather not break someone's CC x)

Can F2P's join bg's with P2P's? I read somewhere that F2P's can't queue with 24's. Does that mean i can't queue with a P2P who locked xp at lvl 20?

thx in advance!

Can F2P's join bg's with P2P's? I read somewhere that F2P's can't queue with 24's. Does that mean i can't queue with a P2P who locked xp at lvl 20?

thx in advance!
I hadn't heard that trail accounts couldn't queue up with any p2p accounts, 24 or otherwise. The only thing that should keep you from queuing is being in the same bracket, as long as all parties have their xp off it should be fine.

Who are the Horde Funders on AP?

I'm not really sure what you are asking. You can easily gear yourself without any outside help at all. Sure there are times when help is offered but it's never a requirement to obtain gear. No one is going to instance farm for you to get drops either. Rolling on a free account everyone starts with nothing. Not really fair to ask for "funders" to do the work for you when so many other people have put in time to gear themselves correctly.

Where do the horde hang out on AP? it never did say on the AP sticky, and all i seen was the arena

Back when 19s were super popular on my old server(Argent Dawn - US)
Horde spot was in Thunder Bluff near the PvP Master(awesome dueling area)
This was because back in the day, you'd have to talk to the BG guy to que up for skirmishes/Battlegrounds; so it was easy to do some duels, bgs, or arenas over there. OH and there was target dummies(makes it so rogues cant sap u)

I tried to encourage Horde to make that the "Hang out" spot for horde but oh well ):

Who are the Horde Funders on AP?

None.
Join the community and offer help to others and they will offer it back.
I have 1 person that I will fully gear pre-boa because he has helped tons, willing to help others if they put a effort into it first.

Anyone heard from kinetic or billow? I miss them and want to revive alliance arenas,so I need them!

This is to the Horde AP'ers out there.

Are there any classes in particular you need for premades/general BG fun? I've been playing alliance a few months, and I'm getting pretty bored of having no one to talk to, and it looks like you guys have a blast. And if you cant beat 'em, join 'em ;)

This is to the Horde AP'ers out there.

Are there any classes in particular you need for premades/general BG fun? I've been playing alliance a few months, and I'm getting pretty bored of having no one to talk to, and it looks like you guys have a blast. And if you cant beat 'em, join 'em ;)

not really, just roll what you want(except a hunter) ap horde is pretty diverse so whatever you roll will be welcomed with open arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread