QUESTIONS! Do you have a simple question? Ask it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble understanding how the GatherMate2 addon works. Would anyone care to explain?
Are you supposed to just waste time and hit every chest icon you see and hope for the best, or is there some function with these tracking circles that I'm missing? I'm very confused how this addon makes looking for chests easier.

Im not at home atm, but I think there is a import option you need to use. Also that addons misses a few chests.

In the upcomming noble garden event, for the achivement Shake Your Bunny Maker, can the female be an npc level 18? Because idk where your gonna find a female dwarf... Much appreciated!

Why don't you use the f2p chat addons? Get it started on nordrassil.

I'm having trouble understanding how the GatherMate2 addon works. Would anyone care to explain?
Are you supposed to just waste time and hit every chest icon you see and hope for the best, or is there some function with these tracking circles that I'm missing? I'm very confused how this addon makes looking for chests easier.

I found it useful to learn all of the chest locations.

It is also my assumption that each area will spawn a chest randomly at one of several spots within a certain location. (For Example; X chest spawn locations within demon fall canyon) With this knowledge, you can quickly check locations till you find a chest (or not), then move on to the next area. I am currently working on a guide of every single chest location including screenshots for each chest in the zones of Ashenvale, Duskwood, Stonetalon Mts, Hillsbrad, Arathi Highlands, and Wetlands.

With that guide could you also impart some luck? :p

And Bizr, in the GatherMate tab go to import>treasure. From there it will list on your map every treasure chest found. Isolate the results in filters>treasure to the chests you wish to find. I haven't found a chest at every location; I think some of them are incorrect, but for the most part it is pretty accurate and you'll develop a nice circuit in whatever zones you choose to farm with a couple of visits to the GatherMate nodes.

Good luck :D

Thank you for your input everyone. :)
I'll just have to play around with it and get comfortable. I'm definitely not much of an addon person, so new ones kinda scare me.. :s

Happy chest farming!

So I went to other country cause of business and (naturally) tried to log into WoW.
Then I got a message that my Battle.net account is locked and that I need to change my password (probably due to different country IP's that I used in last 2 days).
And if I haven't typed something incredibly stupid as Last name when registering account all would go well.
Unfortunately I really don't remember what I typed (d'oh), tried like 30 combinations of things I could have written, but (sadly) non worked.

Then I thought calling the blizz support via Skype number, but I guess that will have to wait for at least a week or so (till I get back home from business trip).
Has anyone had similar problem?

I had nearly the same issue last week. I filled out all my account info with made up names, etc, and then had my account locked when I tried to log in from a different IP address (not even another town, let alone country). I looked up my name by searching my gmail for mail from blizzard; the "account locked for suspicious activity" email didn't use my name, but another did. I had to call up the customer support phone number provided, since I didn't remember the answer to my security question, but they were able to unlock my account within minutes (although after 65 minutes on hold).

tl;dr: search your archived emails, then call customer support.

Gathermate logs the location of every node you've opened, marks it on the map, and saves it forever. You can also import other people's data into gathermate, which is obviously worth doing.

The "point" of having gathermate is thus:
1. Having the chests on your map, so you don't forget certain spawn points.
2. Having all types of chests on one map, rather than having to piece together several wowhead maps of the same zone.
3. Having the nodes on your minimap so you can zoom in in as closely as you care to, which is particularly nice within caves.

Gathermate does not tell you whether a chest is spawned. The icons turn into circles so that the normal yellow dot would appear inside them if you were searching something trackable (i.e. herbs), but we can't Find Treasure anymore so this isn't really a feature.

tl;dr: it's just to show you where to look, you still check the spawns by hand.

I had nearly the same issue last week. I filled out all my account info with made up names, etc, and then had my account locked when I tried to log in from a different IP address (not even another town, let alone country). I looked up my name by searching my gmail for mail from blizzard; the "account locked for suspicious activity" email didn't use my name, but another did. I had to call up the customer support phone number provided, since I didn't remember the answer to my security question, but they were able to unlock my account within minutes (although after 65 minutes on hold).

tl;dr: search your archived emails, then call customer support.

I forgot to give info about this ->
I called customer service via Skype, waited for like 8 min till someone answered, got account unlocked in like 2 min (thankfully I remember answer to my secret question).
So i encourage everyone with similar issue to call customer service, thing gets resolved really quickly.

good day all. i have a slow comp and tried to use sandboxie so while leveling i could switch to thottbot when needed with less delay. sandboxie runs old diablo ii but doesnt seem to run WoW. is anyone familiar and can offer any assistance?

If I buy an heirloom from the darkmoon faire, use it to transmog another, then return within the 2 hour time limit, will I be able to sell it back for a full refund?
Darkmoon Faire heirlooms have no sellback timer

chardev 9

How does this look for a f2p fury warrior? Looking to make an alliance character for when AP horde isn't premading.

That's solid. Personally I would go with the WSG sword and Thick Dronze Darts. If you wont use the thrown, then don't get them. Also, those legs are not available. Foreman's Leggings instead

Edit: and Also, even though I can't answer it... Navy I don't know anything about such a program, good luck finding your answer

good day all. i have a slow comp and tried to use sandboxie so while leveling i could switch to thottbot when needed with less delay. sandboxie runs old diablo ii but doesnt seem to run WoW. is anyone familiar and can offer any assistance?
Sure would like to find someone that can help me here. Thanks

On AP..

Should I make a new 20, lvl a DK or just xfer a 85?

Edit.. or xfer a 19?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you buy an heirloom from DMF , you can sell it back and get a refund on your darkmoon tickets within 2 hours, just like the ones bought with honor (except u get honor back). I bought and returned quite a few heirlooms at DMF the last time it was around because of my indecision about specs.

However, the moment you mog an heirloom or use and heirloom for mog, it becomes non-refundable, just like an heirloom bought with honor

Sure would like to find someone that can help me here. Thanks

I would really like to help you, but I've never felt the need to run WoW in a sandbox. How would this even help instead of hinder with a slow computer? Unless you are running addons and wow extensions that you think are potetially virus carriers, I don't see the benefit of a sandbox environment.

I have never run Sandboxie and I haven't worked with Windows in years. I could imagine that the sandbox interferes with WoW accessing the cache files it writes, which Sandboxie intentionally places in a closed virtual environment instead where WoW might try to read them. I would also suggest you look at your config, if you have Experimental Protection enabled. Quote: "There is a small chance that a future update to the Windows kernel could render the feature inoperable and might even cause system crashes." Not sure how current Sandboxie is.

I hope someone else has run the program and can solve your problem, just posting to show you that your question is being read. :)

Klinda, this weekend is AB CtA! Wheee! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread