Questions & Answers

I pulled a strong anti-venom book out of a chest while chest farming the wetlands (on my f2p pally). Never seen it again anywhere else and I farmed chests alot.

It's possible to get there without flyhacks or P2P help. You can get there from southwestern Icecrown on foot, (be warned it will take some work and a lot of deaths unless you already have the Death's Rise flight path). Run through the mountains around Jotunheim / The Fleshwerks until you get to the edge of Sholazar Basin, from there you can run southeast into Wintergrasp. Make sure the battle isn't currently going on, otherwise you'll get ported out before you can get to the flight path.

I've also heard that there is (or was, it might have been fixed) a certain spot along the cliffs by Icemist Village in Dragonblight that will count you in Wintergrasp. I can't confirm personally since I used the method above, but if you were to find that spot you could go there, get killed by one of the local nerubians, and then resurrect at the spirit healer in Wintergrasp.

Hi guys! Want to ask : whats the % dmg reduction that we gain from the firebane's 7 fire resistance in bg ? I found that in wowwiki :

Average resistance may be no higher than 75%. Of course, what it takes to reach 75% average resistance depends on the spellcaster's level. One quirk here is that casters below level 20 are treated as if they were level 20 for purposes of calculating the resistance scaling here. So against a spellcaster of level 20 or below, it would take a resistance stat of 100 to get 75% resistance; level 30 would take 150 resistance; level 50 would take 250; level 60 would take 300; and level 63 would take 315.

Why is it called "average resistance"? For spells that have a non-damage effect—such as slow, root, stun—you'll either take the hit or avoid the hit altogether; these are examples of binary spells. The average resistance is the chance you'll totally avoid the hit. Adding the word "average" is a little redundant in this case.

So when i do the calculations 75 % resistance for a lvl 24 char ( f2p scaled in bg) = 120 resist. Which means that the 7 resist you get from firebane = 4,38 % dmg reduction.

Is there any mistake here, and if not, why is it "sooo good" to use firebane, if it reduces that small amount of dmg ?

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!

I'm kinda new to f2p twinking (and currently have a feral). Just wondering what faction has faster pops. Also would be good if you could tell what classes do the factions need.
Thanks in advance

I know this might sound stupid but does Hit Rating increase your damage with white hits (normal attacks)?
Often in guides I can read that hit increases damage you do with white hits and it just seems odd to me that the stat that increases my chance to... well hit increases my damage. Always thought that attack power does.
Can anyone clear this out?

I know this might sound stupid but does Hit Rating increase your damage with white hits (normal attacks)?
Often in guides I can read that hit increases damage you do with white hits and it just seems odd to me that the stat that increases my chance to... well hit increases my damage. Always thought that attack power does.
Can anyone clear this out?
Missing white hits results in DPS loss therefore hit rating increases your DPS. Hit rating doesn't increase your damage per hit, though.

Today while playing in a BG: I saw 2x f2p trials with P2P enchants and p2p heirlooms (cloak/helm/legs).....How the hell is that even possible?

Since they can't use mail system - did they ask a GM? Seriously...I can't imagine them getting it by writing to GM: "Hi dood, can you transfer heirlooms to my f2p?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Today while playing in a BG: I saw 2x f2p trials with P2P enchants and p2p heirlooms (cloak/helm/legs).....How the hell is that even possible?

Since they can't use mail system - did they ask a GM? Seriously...I can't imagine them getting it by writing to GM: "Hi dood, can you transfer heirlooms to my f2p?"

Why do you think they are f2ps if they have the BoAs and the enchants ? Some ppl lock their twinks at lvl 20 because the scaling in bg will increase their stats more than lvling to 24. So if you see a lvl 20 in the wsg, that may not be f2p :)

Exactly how do I report them? I mean... doesn't it sound a bit silly? "Hey I saw some f2p people with p2p heirlooms care to remove them for me?" I mean why would he bother about low level? Sure if if this was some grand end level exploit it would have been done in a heartbeat, but low chance for low level duping. Besides after the scaling enchant changes, I'm almost believing they did it to help p2p's dunk us f2p's harder.

As for how I knew they were f2p? They had F2p enchants for wrists/gloves/boots (the usual crap like 1 stamina, 16 armor etc). The only p2p enchants they had was like shoulders/weapon/legs.

P.S They had some weird names so I couldn't exactly remember them.
P.S 2 Saw another f2p twink with p2p enchants: this time on alliance, a dwarf female rogue with dancing steel on daggers, she didn't have heirloom legs/head/cloak tho.

I had a friend who was a P2P level 20 hunter, they do it so they don't get noticed by the other team as being a 24. They're just posing as trials, and some might do it cause the gear may scale better, they are most often playing classes that don't have great spells from 21-24. I have seen some rogues do it, they only get gouge at 22, but if I was P2P i'd definitely rather have gouge and be 24. I doubt you would see a spriest do it, I have never seen 1, since mind blast and mind flay are so OP in the bracket. I think its funny when they don't turn off the display on their helm, as it's the first thing you see when attacking someone or being attacked.

Users who are viewing this thread