Questions & Answers

Stick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest question is what is the fastest way to get heirloom pieces...? I see toons with far less hk's than i have, with heirlooms shoulders chest and weapons. Im by no means new to twinking, still fairly new at f2p. Just wondering if i'm missing something.

While there a several ways to acquire heirlooms, playing bgs, farming bots at a gy, and mailing them from a p2p account, if they have a drastically lower amount of hks than you id assume they purchased them through the darkmoon fair. Do daily quests, and change professions to max the amount of tickets you can earn per fair.

My biggest question is what is the fastest way to get heirloom pieces...? I see toons with far less hk's than i have, with heirlooms shoulders chest and weapons. Im by no means new to twinking, still fairly new at f2p. Just wondering if i'm missing something.

As my previous speaker was saying they probably get their pve heirlooms from darkmoon faire. The cheapest heirlooms cost 110 dm currency (darkmoon prize tickts) I think. How to earn dmf currency you can see here. You need 75 profession skills to be able to do the dmf profession quests. The next dmf starts on sunday the 6th of october and lasts 7days (You can see it in the calender). Dmf starts on sunday of each month at 1am. Dmf takes place on a little island you enter by a portal in Mulgore or in Elwynn Forest. There are npcs in the capital cities that can port you to the portal and give you a quest for the dm adventure guid. The adventure guide is an item that allows you to loot dmf quest items in dungeons and bgs. If you hand in these quest items you get dmf currency for it. Sorry, I digress from your question :)

Darkmoon Faire Guide (WoW MoP 5.4) - Icy Veins has a nice list of the heirlooms one can get there

Per Darkmoon Faire you can acquire that many tokens:
40 by pve (10 per quest item -> egg, book, crystal, weapon)
15 by pvp (5 per quest item)
10 by killing quest
35 by doing dailies (5 per day, 6 if you're p2p)
8 for your primary professions (4 per quest)
9 for your secondary professions (3 per quest)

Which gives you 117 tokens = one piece of armor or a 1h weapon.

And as stated before, you can switch the primary professions as many times as you like to do all the profession quests but every quest can only be done once. By a total of 11 primary professions, it's 44 tokens. Some jobs are easier to skill up, so choose wisely.

Max of tokens for f2p per Darkmoon Faire: 153. Almost a 2h weapon.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 for your secondary professions (4 per quest)

at first I was like, "what?! we can do the archaeology one now?" but no - it's only 3 per secondary quest.

also can get 5 tickets per deathmatch chest looted. Usually not feasible b/c high level competition.

also, on OP"s question - the ppl w/ less HKs than you may have done a lot of bgs during CtAs, when you get a lot more honor.

at first I was like, "what?! we can do the archaeology one now?" but no - it's only 3 per secondary quest.

also can get 5 tickets per deathmatch chest looted. Usually not feasible b/c high level competition.

ooops. Edith corrected that.

And my holydin got that chestloot but no tickets... hrmmm...

Darkmoon Faire Guide (WoW MoP 5.4) - Icy Veins has a nice list of the heirlooms one can get there

Per Darkmoon Faire you can acquire that many tokens:
40 by pve (10 per quest item -> egg, book, crystal, weapon)
15 by pvp (5 per quest item)
10 by killing quest
35 by doing dailies (5 per day, 6 if you're p2p)
8 for your primary professions (4 per quest)
9 for your secondary professions (3 per quest)

Which gives you 117 tokens = one piece of armor or a 1h weapon.

And as stated before, you can switch the primary professions as many times as you like to do all the profession quests but every quest can only be done once. By a total of 11 primary professions, it's 44 tokens. Some jobs are easier to skill up, so choose wisely.

Max of tokens for f2p per Darkmoon Faire: 153. Almost a 2h weapon.

There is also the first time gift of 5 tokens aswell as the trinket in the arenas. Making getting weapons in one DMF possible but hard.

Anybody written a F2P guide yet? If not, I might lift my fat butt and creatw one.

p.s. can't use search function. smart phone's not smart enough.
There has been written tons. Check out the guide section, or one of the stickies in f2p section I think
Is it possible to unmerg wow accounts? If so how can you do it?
Yes you can, as Drama said you'll have to either write or call blizzard and tell them that you're sharing a Bnet acc with a brother/close friend etc., and they will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread