Questions & Answers

Stick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found chardev quiet useufl over the years. Only problem seemed to be heirloom scaling. But now it's shut down it seems

Does it seem weird to anyone else that I can solo old content faster on my holy paladin than on my prot?

The holy is ilvl 377.
Prot is 413...

when 5.4 came, my wow folder fucked up somehow and none of my addons work now, and the addon button on the character page is not there. however, the addon folders all appear to be in the same place as before. has this happened to anyone else? how do i fix it?

edit: i have tried to uninstall/install wow and that did not work.

also to note i am using the curse client to download/update my addons.

Check your interface folder and tell me what you find, same for your WTF>Account folder

when 5.4 came, my wow folder fucked up somehow and none of my addons work now, and the addon button on the character page is not there. however, the addon folders all appear to be in the same place as before. has this happened to anyone else? how do i fix it?

I had to do a complete uninstall/reinstall and download all my addons again. And my launcher STILL WON'T WORK.

This is getting pretty fucking annoying.
If I was actually paying for the game, I'd be going ballistic by now.

Luckily Brewfest + my free week is over.
Now I can go back to not playing for at least a month.

And my launcher STILL WON'T WORK.

stop using the launcher D:

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe

That's (generally) what you should be using instead of

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft Launcher.exe

Skips the launcher and goes straight for the client, no more launcher 'CAN'T FUCKING CLICK THE FUCKING PLAY BUTTON' issues :)

Edit: You can also simply create a new shortcut to the Wow.exe instead of the launcher and use it on your desktop or just edit your old one by rightclicking the shortcut>Properties>(Shortcut-tab)>Target>'C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe' (without ' )>Apply>OK - done

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I ended up doing.

Existential question: If I'm going to use wow.exe instead of the launcher, then why am I playing retail and not back patched to 3.3.5 and playing on a private server?

bump

bump

Explain this please, what is your question?

It was tongue in cheek. My first experience of WoW was on a private server. I wanted to check it out before I spent any money.

I downloaded the client and manually back patched to whatever patch the private server was running. Like 1.12 or something.

If you play on a private server, you can't use the launcher. You have to edit your WTF folder to put the address of the server in manually, and use wow.exe to launch the game.

So my question of 'if I'm not using the launcher then why am I not playing a late patch WOTLK private server instead of the abomination that retail has become...' Which wasn't really a question so much as a philosophical and rhetorical muse.

Hello, I have a question so I assume this is the place to post it.

I have been away on a 1 year break from WoW and have a few question regarding the whole F2P bracket.

- Is this still a popular bracket to play in? How about compared to 19 bracket?
- Is Aerie Peaks still the server to play on or have there been changes?
- Have there been in changes in gameplay and PVP through patches over the months that have effected this bracket?

Thanks in advance. Just curious if its still worth playing or is it time to move on.

1. Que times are 2-8 All day on Horde. 5-12 Alliance.

2. Aerie peak horde is thriving with premades everyday and alliance has dimmed down but still going good.

3. 24s,Hunters, and rogues rule the bracket. Elemental is fun and Pugging isn't recommended.

If you like arenas go korgath, if you like underpowered premades and pure fun, go blackwing lair!

- Is this still a popular bracket to play in? How about compared to 19 bracket?
- Is Aerie Peaks still the server to play on or have there been changes?
- Have there been in changes in gameplay and PVP through patches over the months that have effected this bracket?

Thanks in advance. Just curious if its still worth playing or is it time to move on.
This bracket still pops 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with average que times as Obey described.
PuGs are still wild cards, sometimes rainbow comps, sometimes FOTMs or P2Ps with FOTMs (flavor of the "month").
PuG's "PvP competence" (basically performing optimally in PvP. Kiting instead of s-keying, actually using utilities (offheals! cleanse!, ccs, etc.), mouse-turning instead of keyboard turning, saving DPS resources for burst-to-execute, etc.) hasn't changed much since cata.

As for changes in PvP and gameplay through the several patches since a year ago, there have been many, but I'll list what's most relevant now (bolded if you want quick glance reads):
-The gap between F2P and P2P in 5.3 was as low as it ever was: level 20 gears got a +4 ilvl boost per slot, improving stats in bgs, and stats are calculated as if they're 24s (no new abilities), allowing one to actually reach spell hit cap vs 24s. This is still present in 5.4, even if mouseover stats are bugged (mouseover stats on items in-slot are not correct. Such mouseovers are correct if items are in bags or out-of-slot though. Ex: naga gloves while giving 7 agi 7 stam outside bgs now gives 8 agi 8 stam in bgs, even if mouseover stats say otherwise).
With 5.4 however, P2Ps got access to new, more powerful enchants (mongoose, elemental force, etc, even though they're "scaled" down [scaled down, but same scaling at levels 1-60, only improves beyond 60. One would hope blizz changes that]), and several classes-strong-enough-to-not-need-damage-buffs got dmg buffs (primarily rogues and hunters, and arms warriors).

-Compared to cata, class abilities/utilities have changed, some classes gained more ultity and others lost some (rogues lost the most imho. Outside stealth they're as kitable as cata warriors in-combat, nevermind their damage). If you want to see the abilities/utilies each class has now, look no further than here [talents and other abilities] (some changes also applied to 24s, like Shadow Priests).
-All races now have 2 min. free-from-ccs-insignias instead of 5 min.

...Hunters and rogues rule the bracket.
Classes with utilities may still survive and beat a rogue (1v1) if they can kite and survive a rogue's opener.
Hunters... yah. Almost cata damage, with slightly more utilities.
Almost like cata though, heals (from most healer specs) in comps help counteract those FOTMs (despite 5.4s buff to battle fatigue, nerfing all heals), nevermind some absurd FOTM P2P bursts.

It was tongue in cheek. My first experience of WoW was on a private server. I wanted to check it out before I spent any money.

I downloaded the client and manually back patched to whatever patch the private server was running. Like 1.12 or something.

If you play on a private server, you can't use the launcher. You have to edit your WTF folder to put the address of the server in manually, and use wow.exe to launch the game.

So my question of 'if I'm not using the launcher then why am I not playing a late patch WOTLK private server instead of the abomination that retail has become...' Which wasn't really a question so much as a philosophical and rhetorical muse.

Idk what was suggested earlier, but did u try

C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

and then delete the 3 folders?
It worked for me when my launcher was bitching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread