Questions & Answers

Stick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on a new resto FC sham and am at a loss of what to take for this quest

Since boa shields were announced for 5.3 I'm deciding between the Ring and Skillpatch. Or would the shield still be worth taking for the small amount of armor it offers over the boa?
If you're concerned about hit capping for purges as a restro shaman FC (assuming a restro shaman FC uses purges often), Drakewing Bands (with rune of perfection) work, and makes the eyepatch obsolete for healing and FCing, unless one wants to hit cap while having Mark of Tyranny or AGM instead of rune. If you don't want the rune (preferring Tyranny or AGM) and go with eyepatch+drakewings, that leaves 1 hit rating shy of the purge hit cap of 15 (irrelevant as Draenei though).

If you're concerned about the shield, the choice boils down to a possible extra stamina (BoA shield scales in battlegrounds as well, which may give 7 stamina instead of just 6) or some extra armor (how much armor? I don't know yet).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone. I played this bracket a lot like 8 months ago. Some of you might remember me. I often played arena with the priest Kred and the rogue Nicozy. I'm thinking about comming back, so I have a few questions. First of all, is my gear up to date?
Vianco @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft
Vianrmp @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft
Viancoresist @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft
Vianbeast @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft
I realise enhance shamans are pretty shit now, but are they still playable? I remember rogue/enhance/priest burst in cata, everyone just flopped instantly.
What do f2ps do nowadays? do they still play arenas? and how is the activity?

thanks !

Hello everyone. I played this bracket a lot like 8 months ago. Some of you might remember me. I often played arena with the priest Kred and the rogue Nicozy. I'm thinking about comming back, so I have a few questions. First of all, is my gear up to date?
Vianco @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft
Vianrmp @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft
Viancoresist @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft
Vianbeast @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft
I realise enhance shamans are pretty shit now, but are they still playable? I remember rogue/enhance/priest burst in cata, everyone just flopped instantly.
What do f2ps do nowadays? do they still play arenas? and how is the activity?

thanks !
Of course we still remember you. Enh Shamans might have the lowest damage of the bracket. Arena's still are being played, but I suppose its less than it has been before/back then.

On your Mage and Warlock you might want to swap Hovel Digger's for the RFC bracers. Since hitcap has changed and all.

Of course we still remember you. Enh Shamans might have the lowest damage of the bracket. Arena's still are being played, but I suppose its less than it has been before/back then.

On your Mage and Warlock you might want to swap Hovel Digger's for the RFC bracers. Since hitcap has changed and all.
Oh hey mialo! Damn such waste of my enhance shaman when it has that good gear :((.
I see. What are people doing instead of arenas then? getting camped by lvl24s :p?
I'm kinda lacking hit rating on my warlock, so I don't see why I should change out my bracers ;o? I guess I should get the 3 hit rating ring from either the duskwood quests or from DM

As enhance, you have a slight advantage against rdruids and priests, which atm is dominating the bracket as FC/fc-support, but you can't down a fc alone, but I would say shamans are a really good O-support class with Purge and shear and fine ToT.

As enhance, you have a slight advantage against rdruids and priests, which atm is dominating the bracket as FC/fc-support, but you can't down a fc alone, but I would say shamans are a really good O-support class with Purge and shear and fine ToT.
I did play some enhance duels, and I feel like enhance is still pretty decent. Beat everyone I duelled, but I feel like if I faced a real player I wouldn't have a chance however in arena it could be pretty good imo.

I did play some enhance duels, and I feel like enhance is still pretty decent. Beat everyone I duelled, but I feel like if I faced a real player I wouldn't have a chance however in arena it could be pretty good imo.
I think their problem is the lack of burst and any 'real dmg'. Most other classes have the some high dmg ability, where enchance rely on constant fast dmg. But yes, in arenas and together with someone I guess they'd be good :)

I'm working on a new resto FC sham and am at a loss of what to take for this quest

Since boa shields were announced for 5.3 I'm deciding between the Ring and Skillpatch. Or would the shield still be worth taking for the small amount of armor it offers over the boa?

take the fuckin eyepatch and be a one eyed cyclops.. Eyepatch=autowin.

I didnt choose eyepatch on mine,chose the shield and that might be the reason I had 49% win ratios...cuz I wasnt a pirate

Sorry if this was already asked but, what addons do you use?
I use quiet alot, but here are some of the more important ones:
I use Bartender for action bar setup, I use Quartz for casting bar modification, Interruptbar for interrupt cooldown tracking, HealBot for healing (I know this isn't used by many but I find it useful), TidyPlates for cooldown tracking and cooler looking name plates and OmniCC for tracking cooldown of your own spells :)
wowscrnshot033013235901.jpg

Any1 else ever have this happen? Dc then come back and you're in the bg with deserter.

He was talking to me earlier at st so thought he'd talk then but didn't say hi :(
forever alone.... but seriously no, I have never tried that..

if i(druid) use boa int staff with int enchant(yellow color), and i transmog a polearm with another enchant(say blue color or something), does my polearm enchant color stay blue?

can we transmg staff to fishing rod with stat, like Bone Fishing Pole(+5shadow resist)? no?

druid's bear form wild charge immobilize the target, does it share DR with roots?

surviving LM thunderstorm, aside from Panda, Goblin racials, pally bubble, lock's demon leap, druids cat form, mage's blink
what else make you survive thunderstorm?
cat form wild charge still be able to charge back to enemy on LM, right?
can hunter stay in combat long enough to disengage to safety? and moonkin's wild charge as well? (work just like disengage)
can warrior charge back in mid air to the shaman after being thunderstorm? or the very moment it land charge back to the top? or just too farm away to do it.

which is addon to simpler to use(less comfiguration)? juked, interrupbar?

Last edited by a moderator:
if i(druid) use boa int staff with int enchant(yellow color), and i transmog a polearm with another enchant(say blue color or something), does my polearm enchant color stay blue?

can we transmg staff to fishing rod with stat, like Bone Fishing Pole(+5shadow resist)? no?

druid's bear form wild charge immobilize the target, does it share DR with roots?

surviving LM thunderstorm, aside from Panda, Goblin racials, pally bubble, lock's demon leap, druids cat form, mage's blink
cat form wild charge still be able to charge back to enemy on LM, right?
can hunter stay in combat long enough to disengage to safety? and moonkin's wild charge as well? (work just like disengage)
can warrior charge back in mid air to the shaman after being thunderstorm? or the very moment it land charge back to the top? or just too farm away to do it.

which is addon to simpler to use(less comfiguration)? juked, interrupbar?

Lotsa questions ; lotsa answers. For transmogrification : no matter what you transmog, the enchant won't get transferred, so saying you transmogging something with + 3 int to + 2 w - dmg will stay yellow forever.

Fishing rods are not transmogable and can't be the source for transmogging either.

Considering DRs: Diminishing Returns - wowwiki doesn't say anything about Wild Charge, I will test this and give further input.

For LM: Charge works as long as you are still in range, Cat Form WC works the same; be in range and you can charge back. Disengage and Boomkin WC SHOULD work just fine.

And personally, for cooldowns (not just interrupts but HoJ, Psychic Scream, etc) I use Icicle which tracks cooldowns from specific players, not just random like interruptbar.

Not sure if you were asking just for abilities, but I find the most effective way of surviving a TS at LM is with a S.A.F.E. Parachute.

And yes Charge works a charm.. even if you get out of range, if you can find someone near your landing point, you can charge at them too. I regularly use this to follow the EFC off the WSG roof without damage.

if you can find someone near your landing point, you can charge at them too.

I do too, forgot to add this and parachute, thought about it but I was pretty brainafk at that time (drinking with my sister x)

Charge, Cat/Bear/Boomkin/Caster Wild Charge and Disengage are all usable if you can find a target near your landing point, either Charge/Bear/Cat Wild Charge to an enemy in range, Caster Wild Charge to a teammate in range or hit/shoot a nearby target to get in combat and Disengage/Boomkincharge, I frequently play with all these scenarios (the disengage thing is a great way to travel <20 for hunters, just like any form of charge is) :)

Lotsa questions ; lotsa answers. For transmogrification : no matter what you transmog, the enchant won't get transferred, so saying you transmogging something with + 3 int to + 2 w - dmg will stay yellow forever.

Fishing rods are not transmogable and can't be the source for transmogging either.

Considering DRs: Diminishing Returns - wowwiki doesn't say anything about Wild Charge, I will test this and give further input.

For LM: Charge works as long as you are still in range, Cat Form WC works the same; be in range and you can charge back. Disengage and Boomkin WC SHOULD work just fine.

And personally, for cooldowns (not just interrupts but HoJ, Psychic Scream, etc) I use Icicle which tracks cooldowns from specific players, not just random like interruptbar.
Is Icicle updated for 5.2?

Is Icicle updated for 5.2?

It works just fine for me atm, just load outdated addons :)

(I use tidyplates too if that matters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread