Questions & Answers

Stick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
got a question for a computer wiz.

im looking at computers to buy, and i finally found one for a decent price

Newegg.com

would this PC be able to play in highest detail + record videos without any lag at all? if not what parts would need to be upgraded?

"lag" depends not only on your pc-comp but also on your internet connection...

But to answer your question: probably not - but all of this depends on what you think "highest detail + record videos without lag" means

BUT: Alienware - I know they're shunned for being what they are - some people don't like them, some people love them, but it's a good place to find PCs that do what they're meant to do and to find price comparison

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't buy a complete built PC. Only reason to buy a complete system is if you are getting a laptop or really want a mac. Build your own. There is subreddit that can help you. And btw building a pc is actually very easy, don't be intimidated :)

that must be the best option because everyone on the wow forums is telling me to build my own.

only problem is i dont know what parts i need, and im not too exited about taking the risk of breaking it when im trying to put it together or somethin like that. if i could get a custom made thats built and then sent that would be a diff story.

"lag" depends not only on your pc-comp but also on your internet connection...

But to answer your question: probably not - but all of this depends on what you think "highest detail + record videos without lag" means

BUT: Alienware - I know they're shunned for being what they are - some people don't like them, some people love them, but it's a good place to find PCs that do what they're meant to do and to find price comparison

the highest detail wow can go, with all setting to max.

my internet is the fastest brighthouse offers so im not worried about that part.

i had an alienware before, they have some good computers but the ones that would play good are over my budget. :/

Building your own PC gets you the best value by far, and you can customize it to suit your needs perfectly. As far as breaking parts goes, everything is much more durable than you might think except your processor. The only scary part is putting your processor into your motherboard... but even then, it's very easy, and providing someone doesn't pop a paper bag behind your head while doing it, you'll be fine.
As far as the parts you need goes... MMO champion always has a fairly recent PC parts list, and you can ask Build a PC for help. Tell them what you want your PC to do, tell them your budget, and those guys will probably give you a great build. You can also post a build you might be considering (maybe one on mmochamp) and they will go over it with a finetoothed comb and help you optimize it for your specific needs.
I really want to emphasize how easy it is to build your own PC, you wont break anything, the benefits are numerous and you will really feel great after doing it. Do it. don't buy one, build one. do it. do it. build it

I was after a 24 P2P FC druid Florencé earlier today , strange thing is when I engaged him he started doing mini jumps from place to place similar to someone suffering from heavy lag , could only land a melee hit during charge mini stun . I have seen people running on the spot before then appearing much further on but this was different , what could be the problem , my connection seemed perfectly fine.

I was after a 24 P2P FC druid Florencé earlier today , strange thing is when I engaged him he started doing mini jumps from place to place similar to someone suffering from heavy lag , could only land a melee hit during charge mini stun . I have seen people running on the spot before then appearing much further on but this was different , what could be the problem , my connection seemed perfectly fine.

Lag-hacks...

Was his name by any chance Trialdruid? :ppPPpPp
Nah it was problably just hes connection, he might have experienced a heavy lag spike
Lag-hacks...
or this....

im in need of a basic mouseover macro, just rerolled on my p2p acc and have no macros D:

just a basic healing one i remember how to put the spells in i just don't remember the code

im in need of a basic mouseover macro, just rerolled on my p2p acc and have no macros D:

just a basic healing one i remember how to put the spells in i just don't remember the code
Different ways to write the code, but this one works:
Code:
/cast [@mouseover, help, nodead][] *Insert spell name*
Mouseover even works with hovering your mouse over an ally's frame in party/raid profile (given they're within LoS), as oppose to just their avatars or health bars. If there's nothing on mouseover (thanks to []), it will cast that heal on yourself or whomever is your (ally) target.

If ever you're looking for a harming mouseover macro instead, just switch help to harm in the code.

Different ways to write the code, but this one works:
Code:
/cast [@mouseover, help, nodead][] *Insert spell name*
Mouseover even works with hovering your mouse over an ally's frame in party/raid profile (given they're within LoS), as oppose to just their avatars or health bars. If there's nothing on mouseover (thanks to []), it will cast that heal on yourself or whomever is your (ally) target.

If ever you're looking for a harming mouseover macro instead, just switch help to harm in the code.

exactly what i was looking for, thanks :)

Sooo I uninstalled my WoW because it was messed up with something and I'm currently reinstalling it.. It is going at 200-250 KB/s and I know that is very slow but would that be more of a computer problem or a internet problem? If it's a comp thing I can uninstall something to make the install slightly faster but if it's the internet connection I guess I'll gotta install all night lol

Sooo I uninstalled my WoW because it was messed up with something and I'm currently reinstalling it.. It is going at 200-250 KB/s and I know that is very slow but would that be more of a computer problem or a internet problem? If it's a comp thing I can uninstall something to make the install slightly faster but if it's the internet connection I guess I'll gotta install all night lol

The DOWNLOADING part is mostly covered by your Internet connection (though it COULD be a really old LAN-port which is highly doubt able) - the INSTALLING part is entirely covered by your comp (your CPU and RAM actually but that's going too deep) - so if you're downloading with 200-250 kB/s for a >15GB.download, have fun ;)

Considering what I heard your machine is like the installing could take a while as well :)

where can i learn how to play a rogue? can't find an up-to-date guide

not the basic's though something that would have breakdowns of spec's and switching daggers after stealth and all that fun stuff.

I've wondered this for a long time - When running SFK over and over and over farming MtB and you're in a group with at least one person who doesn't care about looting corpses . . does that mean the loot is unobtainable? Like, is the corpse only lootable by one person, and if they don't even stoop to check the loot?

Can you change you're TI account settings( avatar,sig,etc) on the iphone app Tapatalk??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread