Questions & Answers

Stick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I play a prot paladin due to the fact ret doesn't feel like it has on demand burst, if you could keep the stacks of holy power in the same way a shadow priest does it would be a different matter. I think if you was to give them one extra damaging spell like exo you would see a drop in prots and more rets.

At lvl 28, Ret gets Judgments of the Bold, which would already fix a lot of problems and make the spec really dynamic and less clunky.
Exorcism would grant the spec REAL on-demand burst (from what I can tell, it'd be about the same damage as Avenger's Frisbee but without the silence) paired with great offheals. Judg for speed > Exo > CS > TV > Judg > CS > (FoL) > HoJ (if you are close to death, or if the target heals) > Judg/CS(/Exo if off-cd already) > TV > target should be dead with the HP levels at the moment.

Just a few cents.

Edit: I personally think, JotB should be included in Sword of Light - but you know, blizzard logic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another question. I cannot decide what I want to roll and actually stick to playing. It's between Arms and Ret. Could someone give me pros/cons on each? =)

Yet another question. I cannot decide what I want to roll and actually stick to playing. It's between Arms and Ret. Could someone give me pros/cons on each? =)

Charge vs mini sprint on judgement: Tie
FoL vs vic rush: pala
CS vs MS: warr
TV vs Slam: warr (if rage capping to burst, since TV is "burst")
Hoj and Execute are both situationally useful
pala's have 2 oh shit buttons, warriors have MS debuff

IMO ret is a defensive spec for WSG (healing FC and defensive dmg) and a burst healer in AB. Arms is just all out offense. Ret has a more versatile play style.

Charge vs mini sprint on judgement: Tie
FoL vs vic rush: pala
CS vs MS: warr
TV vs Slam: warr (if rage capping to burst, since TV is "burst")
Hoj and Execute are both situationally useful
pala's have 2 oh shit buttons, warriors have MS debuff

IMO ret is a defensive spec for WSG (healing FC and defensive dmg) and a burst healer in AB. Arms is just all out offense. Ret has a more versatile play style.

Tyvm.

Ret has offheals, a nice CC and mediocre damage. Arms has superior damage but no offheals and close to no CC (depending on racials and talents).

Edit: dang, Stamm beat me.

Ret has offheals, a nice CC and mediocre damage. Arms has superior damage but no offheals and close to no CC (depending on racials and talents).

Edit: dang, Stamm beat me.

Yeah, but thanks for responding anyways! I'm going with Arms, as I typically enjoy solo que pugging and HK farming.

BTW BOYS: You can HK farm people grouping with the EFC just fine, doesn't have to be mid, you'll still top the charts. (Not talking to anyone in particular, but I hate mid farmers as much as the next guy.)

I recently got a 10 day Mop trial on my main account.

I'm trying to use my old 80 mage to run my 20 through some dungeons.

My mage is on Shadowsong, and my 20 is on Aerie Peak.

I try to add my 20 to a group by typing in the command /invite bizarre@aeriepeak

For some reason my 20 auto declines this, and I don't receive any type of message about this on my 20.

What am I doing wrong? I've never tried to group xrealm before, so I have no clue.

Edit: I also noticed my 20 doesn't even have a 'Pending' tab on the Friend's List. Are trials not even allowed to use Real ID?

I know for a fact that people have invited their trials xrealm... I don't get it.

I try to add my 20 to a group by typing in the command /invite bizarre@aeriepeak

For some reason my 20 auto declines this, and I don't receive any type of message about this on my 20.

What am I doing wrong? I've never tried to group xrealm before, so I have no clue.

Edit: I also noticed my 20 doesn't even have a 'Pending' tab on the Friend's List. Are trials not even allowed to use Real ID?

I know for a fact that people have invited their trials xrealm... I don't get it.

It should be "/inv bizarre-aeriepeak", I'm quite sure of.

Xrealm grouping only works if both realms share crzs

I'm pretty sure f2ps auto-block those types of invites unless they're in a zone together. I've only had typing it out like that work in BGs, but I assume it works when you're in the same cross-realmed zone too. You may need someone on realid/battletag to help you group them.

Xrealm grouping only works if both realms share crzs

I'm pretty sure f2ps auto-block those types of invites unless they're in a zone together. I've only had it work like that in BGs, I assume it works when you're in the same cross-realmed zone too. You may need someone on realid/battletag to help you group them together.

Really? I've been using this to get loads of AGMs/LFHs, never really had any problems with any servers at all... Maybe I just haven't been attentive enough 0.o

Either way, it just gets auto declined. & there's absolutely nothing showing up on my 20 telling me that she's even getting a party invitation.

Your main acc has to be linked with your f2p account. aka under the same bnet.

Either way, it just gets auto declined. & there's absolutely nothing showing up on my 20 telling me that she's even getting a party invitation.

Real ID only works on P2P accounts. If Shadowsong and AP aren't crz'd together, you can't invite just by typing /invite <name>@<realmname> you need another P2P inviting on AP which you THEN can invite per Real ID.

Your main acc has to be linked with your f2p account. aka under the same bnet.

It may be important to note, that you can multibox both linked-together accounts.

Yea, idk... thanks for the replies everyone.

Way too much bullshit and limitations to do this from what I can tell...

I thought this would be simple, but alas, this game never fails at being completely ridiculous.

Yea, idk... thanks for the replies everyone.

Way too much bullshit and limitations to do this from what I can tell...

I thought this would be a simple, but alas, this game never fails at being completely ridiculous.
Yep as others mentioned you either need to be linked under the same b.net to cross realm invite your trial, or have a P2P on your trials server assist with grouping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread