QUESTIONS & ANSWERS - The place for any question about F2P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new, so I am not allowed to create new threads. (Which is silly, i could just spam the necessary 25 messages)

so, please, would someone create a new thread, because this is the breaking news:

FISHING IN STRANGLETHORN IS BACK!!!

You can go there now to fish for rum. And, fingers crossed, the fishing tournament will be back on very shortly!

I am new, so I am not allowed to create new threads. (Which is silly, i could just spam the necessary 25 messages)

so, please, would someone create a new thread, because this is the breaking news:

FISHING IN STRANGLETHORN IS BACK!!!

You can go there now to fish for rum. And, fingers crossed, the fishing tournament will be back on very shortly!

Perfect example of why there's a minimum of 25 posts.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2012-10-31 om 22.41.40.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2012-10-31 om 22.41.40.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 225
I don't get it

everyone was whining about Lucky Fishing Hat being sort of grandfathered now.

I am bringing you the news, that the fishing nods (like, bloodsail wreckage) are back. Note, that they were absent for ages. Isn't this good news? And you are mocking me for sharing the news? Ok, lesson learned.

LF a macro that cycles through SOME of your mounts.

Edit: Got it.

#showtooltip Red Proto-Drake
/castrandom [nomounted] Red Proto-Drake, Black Drake
/cast [nomounted] Abyssal Seahorse
/cast [nomounted, swimming] Sea Turtle
/castrandom [nomounted] Brown Riding Camel, Orgrimmar Wolf
/script VehicleExit()
/dismount

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, everybody! This is my first post on the forums and I haven't yet introduced myself but I've been browsing here the past few weeks (since MoP launch) when I started my F2P twink. I now have a hunter on a pretty advanced stage where I'm farming BoAs and have few questions.

First, is there a determined period when battlegrounds (WSG) reward extra honor points (call to arms) or it's some sort of random thing depending on players activity?

Second, I am now thinking about starting second F2P twink which main purpose will be Flag Carrying. Now, I haven't researched a lot but I'm quite sure best classes for the job are paladins (what spec? never played pally), shamans (resto I guess) and Druids (again resto, right?) not in this exact same order ofc. I suggest Druids are best followed by shamans, tell me if there's not a definitive correct answer on this. I prefer the Alliance (is lucky fishing hat obtainable now, I heard the fishing contest is disabled for now?) which leads to Worgen and Night elves. What do you think is a better choice worgen vs elf? One has speed burst (meaning in terms of speed is better) and nature/shadow resistance but the other is harder to hit and has nature resistance (do you consider shadowmeld useful in terms of FC?).

Third- I'm playing in EU realms (statistics EU Realm Pop) . When it comes to farming AGM trinket(s), what realm, considering population, is a good choice? And I don't understand the meaning of crossrealm zones. Does it mean it's a place where players from ALL realms come together or just from the battlegroup? Since Gurubashi arena is such, right? Are there players from this community playing in the EU Aerie Peak or just the US? Any other recommendations on what realm to chose are welcome. With my hunter I'm playing on Burning Legion.

Hello, everybody! This is my first post on the forums and I haven't yet introduced myself but I've been browsing here the past few weeks (since MoP launch) when I started my F2P twink. I now have a hunter on a pretty advanced stage where I'm farming BoAs and have few questions.

First, is there a determined period when battlegrounds (WSG) reward extra honor points (call to arms) or it's some sort of random thing depending on players activity?

Second, I am now thinking about starting second F2P twink which main purpose will be Flag Carrying. Now, I haven't researched a lot but I'm quite sure best classes for the job are paladins (what spec? never played pally), shamans (resto I guess) and Druids (again resto, right?) not in this exact same order ofc. I suggest Druids are best followed by shamans, tell me if there's not a definitive correct answer on this. I prefer the Alliance (is lucky fishing hat obtainable now, I heard the fishing contest is disabled for now?) which leads to Worgen and Night elves. What do you think is a better choice worgen vs elf? One has speed burst (meaning in terms of speed is better) and nature/shadow resistance but the other is harder to hit and has nature resistance (do you consider shadowmeld useful in terms of FC?).

Third- I'm playing in EU realms (statistics EU Realm Pop) . When it comes to farming AGM trinket(s), what realm, considering population, is a good choice? And I don't understand the meaning of crossrealm zones. Does it mean it's a place where players from ALL realms come together or just from the battlegroup? Since Gurubashi arena is such, right? Are there players from this community playing in the EU Aerie Peak or just the US? Any other recommendations on what realm to chose are welcome. With my hunter I'm playing on Burning Legion.

Hi and welcome to TI. :)

There is a predetermined time for Call to Arms. You can see the times in the WoW calendar, look at your minimap to find the button to look at the calendar, and if the option isn't checked, select display Call to Arms.

Resto druid FCs are very powerful at the moment, to the point that friends of mine who play one have called them boring. I enjoy FCing on a resto shaman. I would think that both holy and prot paladins make good FCs, with holy possibly being so powerful as to be boring again, having such strong heals and the better cleanse. I have stopped playing my holy paladins.

The fishing contests are still disabled, a fix is expected with patch 5.1.

I think worgen's darkflight would be more powerful for a pure FC, while night elf would be more versatile if you plan to go after different objectives, with the ability to smeld attacks.

If you plan to go alliance on an EU realm, I'd suggest Twisting Nether (PvP).
Join Twisting Nether EU! by pixie

I know nothing about AGM in EU. ^^

For a collection of useful F2P threads, a first walkthrough and orientation if you will, check out the stickied FAQ.

Good luck!

AGM is much harder on low-population realms now, because of CRZ. It is not sufficient to choose a low population realm. You need a realm, which has low population AND low-populated CRZ-neighbours. And such information would be very difficult to find.

anyway, AGM is farmed once (ok, twice if you are an FC or a non-caster - for casters rune of perfection will be BiS after the 5.1 patch), but Halaani whiskey will be required forever. So, choose a realm which has a decent population of your faction. I did not know this when i chose the realm, and afterwards it was too late, but I ended up on a server where almost 100% are of the opposite faction, and Halaa is always controlled by them :-( and as soon as I capture it, they immediately recapture.

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is no way to get the chest mog and still be BiS. Get the scouts tabard or something and it will still look great.
Not that I didn't know this but hey, I will most likely not gear that char fully BiS. So the Cloth Chest from Stockades will have to do. And yes, shoulders looks over chest's armor!

Not that I didn't know this but hey, I will most likely not gear that char fully BiS. So the Cloth Chest from Stockades will have to do. And yes, shoulders looks over chest's armor!

You rerolled to Aggramar-EU? Can't exactly remember your name but you asked me (Ranze da Mage) if it looks good :)

Edit: What I DO now it was something with 'Mia' at the start ;) Miawali or something :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread