Patch 9.0.5 Findings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bout to check my Toons now, will report if anything weird. I put a BUNCH of shit in Void, just in case.

EDIT: This one's gonna hurt for all the 10's who didn't spend the ~2 months getting it

Kalu'ak Fishing Pole GF'd to 10's_Patch 9.0.5.jpg

EDIT2 (stuff in Void):
  • Dauntless Tokens still require Level 50
  • Turbulent Tokens now show Level 40
  • Vile Fumigator's Mask (now shows no Level) but actually is Level 28
  • Grandiose Tokens now show Level 40
  • Tormented Tokens work but the Armor is Level 36
  • Munificent Tokens now show Level 40
  • Legion Rep Tokens (SB to that Toon) from Order Hall Missions still require Level 39
  • Vol'Jin's Spear Tabard now equippable but says Level 40
  • Furbolg Medicine Pouch still requires Level 20
  • Nothing magically gained Tertiary or Socket
(stuff in GB):
  • Level 1 / iLvL 5 gear got a HUGE upgrade
  • ^ only effect I've seen on Level 6 / iLvL 13 gear is a few got 2 instead of 1 Tertiary
  • Level 39 / iLvL 48 (+16) BoE Green Relics unchanged
(stuff in Bank):
  • All the Quest items with no Level requirement, still have hidden Level requirements (Flying Tiger Gourami, Spinefish Alpha, Mimic Octopus, Partially Digested Leather, Equipment Blueprint: Ice Cutter, etc)
  • Consortium Tabard equippable, says Level 25
  • Keepers of Time Tabard equippable, says Level 15
  • Crystal of Insanity still says Level 32
  • Obsidian Frostwolk Petroglyph has a hidden Level 35 requirement

Last edited:
i have a pair of BOE boots that's 11 vers, but people have been reporting back with max roll = 10 for combined suffix (even i had a pair with 6/6 but now it is 5/5)

I think its more that they dont. Stuff was coded to work at end game or along a progressive leveling system and when they introduced chromie time and zone scaling, a lot of it broke in ways that dont make sense and their general attitude towards it is "eh, theyll level through it fast enough"

Simple answers that account for overworked devs at a "cut costs at all costs" company like activision make way more sense than a bunch of guys sitting around a table trying to figure out how to frustrate 500 people who play a very niche-within-a-niche style of their game.

they do...the armor enhancement tokens that create armor enhancement tokens that create +3, +6, +9 upgrades were nerfed into SL, i was using them first month of SL. this was intentional clowning, yet they skipped all other higher upgrades and the 3, 6, 9s

they don't...know WOW, and past expacs...pets gated at netherstorm, this is a 9.0.5 action

they do...flagged 18 slot bags as red, yet you could still buy, they adjusted prices of the vendors that were selling the bags to 200g sometime into SL. my first F2P 20s i got gold on i got the bags for 160 off the vendor on the SW to boralus ship vendor. month+ later 200G and deceptively flagged. i went to wowhead and went to locations where they showed 160, 170 etc. price boosted to 200

they don't...know that they have destroyed the bag market for tailors with hyper spawns and increased mats drops. 30 slot bags are way less than 200g on numerous servers, many of the true full servers, 2 weeks into SL, the new 30 slot were 70g to 100g avg. why have vendors with 16 slot bags at 150g, and 18's at 200g? for us F2P that's good i farmed mats for four 24 slot legion bags in 45 minutes in azuna, some friends have 11 of the 30 slot hex bags from WOD garrison. again, funny they took time to jerk around with a 18 slot vendor bag

the above and more were not needed changes long after chromie time was implemented. i dont buy the overworked DEVs, if anything i think they are dart board making changes for volume to justify their jobs. look boss....shaking the bush

Last edited:
Here are the minor unannounced nerfs I've found so far from this weeks 6 hour "maintainance"

Legion rings and necks have lost some stat weight, down to 5 stam, etc. around 27 total on a prior 30 stat piece like Chaos Forged Necklace.
That's weird. For Level 1-10's our Legion Necks/Rings GAINED Stats. But I know from checking PTR that 20's got big buffs to Trinkets where 10 got MASSIVE nerfs to the same Trinkets (Proc portion).

Probably still peeps running around with 44 Bramblestaff

Had one drop after the patch today too, so keep thinking it's unfair that other people have better gear than you while you feel like that one stam/crit you lost is going to make any difference in any way on any day.... ever.

And then remember that yours is still better than 80% of the people you play against and you're complaining.

I noticed that outlands items that used to require 25 now scale down even to level 10, They seem to still say requires level 25 if you try to equip so it may just be a UI error. I haven't tried everything some items may work.

Also, level 2 WoD Garrison Buildings now have a level 40 requirement to use.
[doublepost=1615351357,1615351299][/doublepost]it's not the stat loss or gain, or amount, it's the way Blizz haphazardly changes shit, on maint days.
not patch days with notes.
It's annoying.

guess this might have been noted already but in case people don't feel like going through 7 pages of stuff the stat rolls on ilvl 28 boe's now seem to be the following:

Helm + Chest + Legs: 10/4 - 8/6 - 7/7 - 9/5 - 14
Shoulders + Belt + Boots + Gloves: 7/4 - 8/3 - 6/5 - 5/5 - 11
Bracers + Cloak: 5/3 - 4/4 - 6/2 - 8
Neck + Ring: 15/10 - 14/11 - 18/7 - 16/9 - 25

I don't have any info on the BFA weapons but there's likely changes to those as well.

Many item level reqs such as HoA not showing atm. Farming Rezan on my shaman and received the skeletal hatchling tome which previously showed req lvl 24 but now shows nothing, still reqs 24 though and HoA level 40.

Mind your own pixels.

Good guild name

edit: Looks like Wrymscales now give 8 haste which was previously 7. I accidentally left a few armory tabs open from before patch and saw I gained 1 stamina as well but havent inspected every piece closely.

Last edited:
they all seem to have the same level requirements on them still as previously.. they're just not being shown in their tooltips for whatever reason, it will pop up with the requirement error if you try equip them.

Yeah, not seeing any myself. Some stuff that never got fixed is still not fixed and a lot of level req were removed from the items visually, but I couldnt equip anything today I couldnt equip 2 days ago.... that I know of.

Little weird on this sword, have the same one on a DH and cannot equip it. Pretty sure they were nearly the same time.

J2VgJJD.png

edit- i do have an ilvl 50 pair of boots that looks equipable but says it requires level 20 to use... when trying on my 20.

Got a lil stoked at that prospect. :SadgeW:

edit2- so out of curiosity I tried Brambleking Fili another time on my level 10, he was still no drop one and done, got zip.

Went over to demidos who was still a star on my map (never killed i guess) and he dropped his ilvl 44 neck... which said req level 10 to equip on the drop toast. Annnnnnd nope. Too low level. Now in inventory it has no level shown.

Last edited:
HOA showed that it required level 19 yesterday as well. Just visual bugs.

What I’m more interested in is that sword..

What I’m more interested in is that sword..

I got it on my DH too around the same time and he cant use it, and that was before they fixed the drops. Weirdness.

wxCrJA4.png

Maybe these toons never unequipped those items and now are showing usable!

Not my hunter up there, he was using the artifact bow. Sword was in his bag since all that gear turned red. :Sadge:

His bracers there never turned red, they were always ok. Got em like day 1-2 prepatch maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread