Patch 9.0.5 Findings

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an Ele shaman
There are definitely more changes and there are ele changes... should have been more specific to my title lol this is just pertaining to enhance... I'll get the rest soon and link em to the above post

So tomorrow is patch day, has anyone noticed anything relevant we should update quick before the patch?

Looks like most everything is available after so there's no crisis, would just hate to miss something for no reason.

Soooo.... feeling stupid i didnt check earlier but I just transferred a toon over to the PTR with all the items I was after that had dropped for my high-level runner in void storage, and taking them out after the transfer they were all level 20 req.

Doesnt mean anything cuz PTR is PTR is PTR, but if you have anything like that you might wanna store it quick just in case.

edit- they were ilvl 25 now, proper level for level 20 not level 30 req like when i put them in. Just to clarify.

Nothing broken ilvl, just gear I could not equip due to level was now my level and ilvl for my level.

Soooo.... feeling stupid i didnt check earlier but I just transferred a toon over to the PTR with all the items I was after that had dropped for my high-level runner in void storage, and taking them out after the transfer they were all level 20 req.

Doesnt mean anything cuz PTR is PTR is PTR, but if you have anything like that you might wanna store it quick just in case.

edit- they were ilvl 25 now, proper level for level 20 not level 30 req like when i put them in. Just to clarify.

Nothing broken ilvl, just gear I could not equip due to level was now my level and ilvl for my level.
Interesting. Could be something.
But it’s not the first time Void Storage is bugged on PTR.

Ya i expected it was just a PTR bug, but i threw some stuff in storage just in case. It really isnt a useful thing because it only seemed to adjust items that would not scale beyond the xpac cap, such as vanilla and TBC dungeon drops.

Stuff from legion that was epic and upgraded stayed level 40 req as I'm assuming that's actually a different item than the normal dungeon drops we get as sub-40 levelers. Things like https://www.wowhead.com/item=30536/greaves-of-the-martyr?bonus=6710 that had dropped for my 50 and traded to my 20 were changed to 20 in the transfer. I'm guessing maybe lower/older items might have gotten bumped up to 20 too, and that could have been a useful thing if it actually happens when it goes live.

But I checked it too late and couldnt test it much anyway, and not worried about it since it was most likely a bug. ;)

I did get some 20 drops I wanted when scrambling to get high level drops tho, was kind of funny and typically backwards.

Please post your findings below

What we found so far:

The "Your level is too low to use that item" bug seems to be "fixed", they have now added proper level requirement tooltip to them. (Thanks @icehawk)
upload_2021-2-12_18-21-54-png.18273

upload_2021-2-12_15-1-41-png.18272

blizzard waste soo much time with petty things

pets having 25 lvl req (pre squish level 60) makes no sense, especially the top 4, roach is sold in UC, snake in ORG? the cat was a OG van wow drop in deadmines was insanely uber rare till blizz put it on this vendor in BC killing it's value. the parrot also sold in OG van wow in Booty bay. why block it to 25 (60 pre squish) so a 20 (pre squish 42) more than a correct level for STV south area can't buy it?

armor enhancement tokens that create +3, +6, +9 upgrades are gated. yet you can get missions for the same +3, +6, +9 upgrades which are useable. missions can also yield +15, +30, and +45 wpn/armor upgrades are useable by level 20s

not sure why they clown around with stuff like this

I am pretty sure the patch broke somethings seriously. i will give some examples that don't really apply to vets but the underlying mechanic changes could apply to vets.

u2L4yza.jpg

I think a lot of i25 gained one too tho. Or more.

My saltiness feels that it's because they dont want you to be anywhere but endgame, and they must show full control.

Things like pets are meh, account-wide and they expect you to have something higher. Garrison things, kind of the same deal but more of a "do what we tell you is fun and level up" thing even tho they can easily write it off as working on it.

And cuz that J Allen Brack dude is the smuggest douchey-lookin "I am in control dont you forget it" mofo on the planet.
you-think-you-want-it-but-you-dont.jpg
(but that's just an opinion...)

I think its more that they dont. Stuff was coded to work at end game or along a progressive leveling system and when they introduced chromie time and zone scaling, a lot of it broke in ways that dont make sense and their general attitude towards it is "eh, theyll level through it fast enough"

Simple answers that account for overworked devs at a "cut costs at all costs" company like activision make way more sense than a bunch of guys sitting around a table trying to figure out how to frustrate 500 people who play a very niche-within-a-niche style of their game.

I think its more that they dont.

But they dont have much issue with fixing things that are too much "fun"... except when it's too much work to bother.

Like 49 artifacts. There clearly is a table of frustration, so to speak, but they'll also let things slide that they shouldnt.

I cant figure out a way to blame that on Brack too, but I'll work on it. :FrogeTorch:

But they dont have much issue with fixing things that are too much "fun"... except when it's too much work to bother.
yep, exactly. Legion dungeons were dropping items that were too high ilvl. They nuked it. Items like relics were doing weird shit because they were equipped in other items? "aw, fuck it. so few people go those it doesnt matter and theyll level past them eventually"

Holiday event is dropping hardcoded ilvl 44s? "you dumbasses, swap it to the new scaled loot. people that got them will level past them eventually"

Garrison shit is wonky? Whatever, theyll level past it eventually.

We're an extreme edge case, folks. Very bottom priority.

crusader enchant is grandfathered? new ones show 40 str.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread