Paid Character services on a F2P very possible.

It's about time someone else discovered this.

This was the method me and Sneaky worked on and perfected back at the beginning of the year. AFAIK we were the only ones at the time who knew about it, and he wanted to keep it hush hush. Seems like it took a while for everyone else to catch on. :)

That was the first thing I thought, IAT. The part where you mentioned everything a P2P has. I'm still surprised the OP thought of this as a means to use paid services, rather than acquire many of the benefits that P2P have.

Name changes can be had for free. While only free character transfers can be used on F2P, I wouldn't use this method on an account I had spent any time on. The same applies with faction changing. I'd rather use this method on a new account, just in case something goes wrong.

A grand total of one person tried out some of the restrictions it removed, but not all. I'm still surprised more people haven't jumped on this. Perhaps if the codes worked on US there'd be more takers.

I'd bet there's been 25 people exploiting this to get one of the things I mentioned and maybe 3 at most who's used it for a faction/race/server change..

Seeing the reasoning people are using it
The reasoning you just made up LOL

MVP troll sallyg to the rescue! Again no argument or counter at all to anything I've said just more childish trolling. This forum is too hard to stay away from sometimes as it brings so many giggles

Your best bet is to ignore Lil. Like literally every post/rant/drivel...

But I think you already know that :cool:

Lol @ you :eek: Keep being a child making replies like that with no counter or argument at all troll and I'll keep caring what you say as much as I do now. I love when dumb posters like to single me out to just further highlight themselves

Keep it constructive, or at the very least mature.

MVP troll sallyg to the rescue! Again no argument or counter at all to anything I've said just more childish trolling. This forum is too hard to stay away from sometimes as it brings so many giggles

Dear lil,
i meant to write u sooner but ive just been busy,
they said u are a mad girl and that ur always ranting,
look im really flattered u defend F2Ps and heres a message of support to you,
im sorry i dont always support you,
i sometimes aint with pacience to get in a discussion,
now dont think i do it intentionally just to ignore you,
but i think u got some issues,
u need some help to ignore ppl that dont deserv ur attention,
i really think u and 24s need each other but maybe we just need to treat them better,
i hope u get to read this post.
I think u just end up giving them motivation to kill you,
relax alittle i know u dont like them but lil why are you so mad?
that they do want us as F2P,
i just dont want them to gy farm,
i see this shit bgs that make me sick,
some dude was retard and dumb and gy farmed f2p,
come to think about it, its name it was ...{insert douchebag}... damn!

6:45 - 8:00
Eminem - Stan (Long Version) ft. Dido - YouTube

false premise = false argument

What false premise? Are you referring to Lil's conjecture that this technique is being used more for gaining illicit combat advantages than for name or realm changes? Look at the preponderance of the evidence. Look at how many threads, and how many posts in those threads, refer directly to doing this. It's you who have provided no evidence to the contrary of her supported claim.

Several of you seem to have the attitude that "It came from Lil, therefore it can be automatically ignored or discredited". That's the most basic of fallacies, and it shows that you guys, not her, have some sort of problem. If your best defense against someone's argument is to attack/discredit the speaker, then you're really failing to do your homework.

What false premise? Are you referring to Lil's conjecture that this technique is being used more for gaining illicit combat advantages than for name or realm changes? Look at the preponderance of the evidence. Look at how many threads, and how many posts in those threads, refer directly to doing this. It's you who have provided no evidence to the contrary of her supported claim.

Several of you seem to have the attitude that "It came from Lil, therefore it can be automatically ignored or discredited". That's the most basic of fallacies, and it shows that you guys, not her, have some sort of problem. If your best defense against someone's argument is to attack/discredit the speaker, then you're really failing to do your homework.
having read her post alone, not the entire thread, "i'd bet that XXX" is made up evidence. should other posts refer directly to doing this, they would be at best anecdotal evidence.

your assumption that (though you did not name me specifically) i am automatically ignoring or discrediting Lil is baseless

your assumption that (though you did not name me specifically) i am automatically ignoring or discrediting Lil is baseless

Indeed wasn't it actually your assumption that I was addressing you? Or isn't it more likely that I was addressing the person(s) who actually did the thing I mentioned?

I think both of your misperceptions would have been remedied by putting Lil's post, and my post in turn, in the context of the entire thread. Neither of them were singular or targeted in their scope. Can we go back to talking about the topic now?

<3 you kin but I really don't need defending.. I normally know when I go out of line (and yes I do do so sometimes which you've pointed it out a few times) but I also know when I'm simply attacked by childish trolls (which I'd safely say happens alot more then the previous). I've learned the best way is just to address the troll and make my argument/opinion to try and shut them up then ignore any quotes/mentions completely from that thread (normally proving them wrong or making my point doesn't actually make them stop) which is what I've been trying to do for awhile.

Honestly only reason I even checked this thread again was because I saw you were last to post but it's always helpful having someone who's good with their words saying what I mean.. I need to have a kincaide translator for all of my posts to make them sound "nicer" while still having basically the same message :eek:

[MENTION=14667]CripzBlood[/MENTION] I actually have that song on my phone which is weird... I've never seen the video for it but I've always paid alittle more attention to my music when it starts playing cause I like songs that actually have a backstory kinda like handlebars (favorite song!). I'd hope you aren't comparing my hatred towards 24s/farmers/whatever to that guys inspiration to slim cause I'd hope it isn't projected that I care that much. However even if you weren't it still did kinda open my eyes and I liked it :)

Several of you seem to have the attitude that "It came from Lil, therefore it can be automatically ignored or discredited".

I stand by what I said.

When the majority of one's comments are inflammatory in nature, yes, I would suggest many people (in particular the one I directly addressed the suggestion to) ignore that individual's posts, *points,* or whatever you wish to call them. There are things worth reading and there are things that aren't. Pot, kettle or whatever comeback one could choose to retaliate with, is entirely irrelevant to me. My comment was in response to posting activity I have noticed.

As for that quote, there are a few people who can and should be safely ignored. For several reasons...coming up with/or failing to come up with a counter argument to an opinion, however, is not one of them. If you wish to discuss this any further you are welcome to PM me; I have no desire to continue this publicly.

As for the topic of the thread:

I am all for paid services on F2Ps. It would be great if Blizzard was willing to attempt to milk a possible cash cow. I do however, take issue to gaining use of these services through illicit means. The world is made up of all types, so do what you will. No skin off my nose.

As for the topic of the thread:

I am all for paid services on F2Ps. It would be great if Blizzard was willing to attempt to milk a possible cash cow. I do however, take issue to gaining use of these services through illicit means. The world is made up of all types, so do what you will. No skin off my nose.

Im interested to know ur opnion on P2P low lvl twinks using gems... did u ever done it? if u play with friends who have done it? whats ur judgement on it, do u even consider it illicit?

Im interested to know ur opnion on P2P low lvl twinks using gems... did u ever done it? if u play with friends who have done it? whats ur judgement on it, do u even consider it illicit?

For illicit I'm talking about *real world bad.* Namely fraud and fraudulent behaviour if anyone wants to get nit-picky. For me there is a difference between online cheating and faking someone out by paying them for goods/services with *real-life* Monopoly money (for lack of a better expression)... Even if you do pay real money out of pocket later...

As for the rest of your questions. Nope, never gemmed. Do I know people who have? Of course. Breaking in game rules and cheating is nothing new. I don't consider it illegal in the real world sense. But in terms of breaking game rules... well it's all spelled out by Blizzard. However, I said, the world is made up of all types. I don't tend to concern myself with what Joe BE Paladin is doing with those pixels.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a crush on [MENTION=8138]Kincaide[/MENTION]. :3

Let me narrate this thread since my post for anyone too lazy to read back a few pages
Wish people would stop trying to use this reasoning to defend this... I know that's the reason OP probably made this and was his intention however people are just using this to exploit boas/chants or obtain higher lv things not available with F2P restrictions so they don't gotta spend a dime.. I'd bet there's been 25 people exploiting this to get one of the things I mentioned and maybe 3 at most who's used it for a faction/race/server change..

Seeing the reasoning people are using it, yes it is extremely dumb for a "F2P" to exploit this to become a P2P even when they have a P2P account.

Lil: posts quote above ^

Troll # 1: Didn't read the thread at all or get any background info at all but desides to laugh at quote above ^

Lil: Laughs at troll # 1 for making no argument or any counter to anything but instead laughing at something just to troll

Troll # 2: Gives troll # 1 the advice to ignore lil completely

Lil: Laughs at troll # 2 for making no argument or any counter to anything but instead just posting to troll

Mod: Smacks lil (and troll # 2 for trolling) on the wrist for stupping down to the trolls height

EU person: Makes a thought out and funny post about lil while making it match up to the song "Stan" lyrics

Deserving MVP # 1: Laughs at the previous post and is happy

Troll # 1: trolls just to troll again with no argument or counter while not even bothering to read the thread

Deserving MVP # 2: Maturely puts troll # 1 AND troll # 2 in their places in the corner while backing lil up

Troll # 1: Admits to not having read any of the thread and completely singling out lil

Deserving MVP # 2: Points out part of her post was aimed at troll # 2 and not just troll # 1 while telling troll # 1 to actually read the thread before basing his opinion on something/someone

Lil: Thanks deserving MVP # 2 for backing her and explains how she deals with troll # 1 and troll # 2 along with trolls # 3-38 while questioning EU person's motive for making the funny post but thanking them at the sametime

Someone mad that I think is from EU: Points out how threads like this disgrace TI

Troll # 2: Stands on their invisible high ground posting an exact description of their posting while trying to say how it describes lil's while all of a sudden pretending to care about being on topic in the thread claiming not to care if people exploit or not

EU person: Questions troll # 2 opinion on the exploitation of gemming

Troll # 2: Defends gemming

There hope you enjoyed Lil's narration* :) If anyone would like to put their big girl/boy brain on to have a debate or any kind of counter to the previous quote feel free and I will speak to you the same you speak to me. If not we can continue this trolling I will continue to narrate as it's kinda fun :D until mod finally closes it

*Cleaned up and replaced names to make it not become an @post

Users who are viewing this thread