OMG Darkmoon faire is AWESOME :)

Gurubashi isn't going anywhere. World events don't always work on PTR. The DMF chest is a lvl85 trinket, so it's not an apples-to-apples comparison.

well...if i've learned one thing in 7 years of wow ... get what you can get now...cause it's not guaranteed in the next patch
<

@delindsay - it didn't work on the PTR but then 3 hrs later it didn't work on live *either*. that was the day we reset clocks for daylight savings, so i'm thinking that maybe the ingame clock was still running events at the old time.

well...if i've learned one thing in 7 years of wow ... get what you can get now...cause it's not guaranteed in the next patch
<

I have learned in my almost 7 years of playing never work too hard for anything because Blizzard can suddenly nerd rage and take away what you worked hard for. I will say that if AGM is ever removed from the STV chest our fellow twinks will make sure Blizzard take the AGM's away from everyone who already have it. I have said it many times. Twinks are the biggest threat to AGM. Regular players don't care about it because they level out useful AGM range quickly but you have certain people with some sort of deficiancy that would ruin things for everyone else.

I have learned in my almost 7 years of playing never work too hard for anything because Blizzard can suddenly nerd rage and take away what you worked hard for

That's not entirely accurate. Blizz doesn't usually take away anything your class/level was legitimately able to acquire, like achievements/items. The types of thing they like to take out of your hands are the items/achievements your class/level never should have been able to get in the first place. Some examples were the Northrend grey 2H sword that had no req level when WotLK launched so level 1's were using an item with like 200 dps on in. Another example were dungeon achievements like say Dire Mall at 1. Back in the day you would stand by the portal entrance and have a Hunter kite a mob to you, FD then it would kill you. You then rez'd on the other side of the portal and blam were inside the instance. You had access to Run Tum Tuber Surprise cooking patt, the world event achievement for looting the rose and the achievement for completing the instance. It's those kind of thing Blizz usually takes away, not items acquired by normal means meant for your class/level (usually).

That said, yes it's going to piss off far more than just twinks if they remove the AGM from the game as said before it is 2 achievements for any level.

There is one area Blizz could hurt twinks and would cause a huge riot if they did and that's rep. At current most of the rep grinding to be had in Classic/Outlands can ONLY be completed through exalted by following a high level toon while dead. Obviously Blizz is aware that you still gain rep while in spirit form, and if they really cared they could just remove that and ouch for a ton of people.

That's not entirely accurate. Blizz doesn't usually take away anything your class/level was legitimately able to acquire, like achievements/items. The types of thing they like to take out of your hands are the items/achievements your class/level never should have been able to get in the first place. Some examples were the Northrend grey 2H sword that had no req level when WotLK launched so level 1's were using an item with like 200 dps on in. Another example were dungeon achievements like say Dire Mall at 1. Back in the day you would stand by the portal entrance and have a Hunter kite a mob to you, FD then it would kill you. You then rez'd on the other side of the portal and blam were inside the instance. You had access to Run Tum Tuber Surprise cooking patt, the world event achievement for looting the rose and the achievement for completing the instance. It's those kind of thing Blizz usually takes away, not items acquired by normal means meant for your class/level (usually).

That said, yes it's going to piss off far more than just twinks if they remove the AGM from the game as said before it is 2 achievements for any level.

There is one area Blizz could hurt twinks and would cause a huge riot if they did and that's rep. At current most of the rep grinding to be had in Classic/Outlands can ONLY be completed through exalted by following a high level toon while dead. Obviously Blizz is aware that you still gain rep while in spirit form, and if they really cared they could just remove that and ouch for a ton of people.

I was taking about the head, shoulder and leg enchants we all had. We did nothing illegal to get those and Blizzard took them away. I had my level 1 twink at 375 mining before xp turn off. Blizzard slapped a level requirement on the profession buffs so my twink lost most of the buff he used to have. Don't know how long you have been twinking but Blizzard nerd raged and took away a lot of twink items before. They can do it again so I refuse to try hard for anything in this game ever again.

I was taking about the head, shoulder and leg enchants we all had. We did nothing illegal to get those and Blizzard took them away. I had my level 1 twink at 375 mining before xp turn off. Blizzard slapped a level requirement on the profession buffs so my twink lost most of the buff he used to have. Don't know how long you have been twinking but Blizzard nerd raged and took away a lot of twink items before.

Right but placing a level req on a thing isn't taking it away or removing it from the game, it still exists, just no longer for lower than appropriate toons. And come on really, TBC epic leg armor on level 1's was never intended and therefore placing a level req on them is reasonable. The helm/shoulder embossments and professions having level req's I agree with (in that it sucks you can't get 450 skinning like you once were able to since it was freaking hard to get that high anyway). I also don't agree with Blizz's decision to add TBC level reqs to Classic enchants like the mana/health > chest.

As for me, I've been twinking since before you could turn xp off so I do know what I'm talking about as I was there when the first real bad twink nerf hit (TBC enchants moved to level 35), then the others (stat scaling so you could no longer attain 100% Dodge, etc), etc. However my point is still valid, they never actually took things away that were meant for that level (except the classic chest enchants of 250 mana/health).

EDIT: Please keep in mind I'm not arguing whether Blizz should or shouldn't make things unavailable to any certain level. I'm of the position that casual/untalented PvPers have utterly ruined WoW with all their bitching and crying to Blizz to nerf anyone they can't beat in PvP, twink or not. And Blizz devs are too stupid to figure out how to separate abilities and their effects from PvP > PvE, ironically in their debut MMO Rift, Trion Worlds did that very thing, made abilities and their effects different in PvP from PvE (Blizz has stated for years this very thing is impossible to manage).

Just so you know I did the dmf on the oceanic servers and you can only do get 10 tickets per day, and they moved the cost of the boa gear to 180 tickets.

I assumed this ... thanks for reporting ... dam you
<

Just so you know I did the dmf on the oceanic servers and you can only do get 10 tickets per day, and they moved the cost of the boa gear to 180 tickets.

I'm planning on being there with my main 10 (Hunter) as soon as it pops and I'll let everyone know how it is for US Servers, but 10/day seems terribly low. That would mean it would take 2-3 months of doing the dailies every day while DMF is live just to get ONE piece to xmog. Even Wowhead's 4.3 DMF Guide shows there are much more than 10 tickets/day available. In anycase, I will report what I find tonight after midnight.

Yea I left that one and winning the arena out as soooo many 85's will be doing it that it would be a huge undertaking trying to get those 2 achievements. So looks like from 50 pts (easy/reasonable) to 75 pts (hard/impossibly hard) total for the new DMF.

Dont wanna work hard for something cause u might loose it

So how many toons lower than say 80 do you think will be capable of winning the new arena on DMF island anytime in the near future with the bazillions of 85's that will be going for that trink? It has nothing to do with fear, only mathematics. There is no way a 10 could take ANY 85, let alone maybe a dozen of them.

Users who are viewing this thread