[MOP] Earl's F2P Paladin Guide

Re: Earl's F2P Paladin Guide

Hey, dude! I'm a player in CN. I like your post. Can I translate it into Chinese and post it on our forum?:D

Last edited by a moderator:

How would you recommend the order of professions for the pally?

Awesome guide!!! I'm actually enjoying PVP now cause of this.

well done, though i wish the author knew the difference between 'its' and 'it's'

So, since I cannot find any related post about this:
What about Prot talents with Holy gear?

I know long ago it was a good thing to mix... any thoughs about this? I'm just wondering 'cause I want to do something different in summertime!

Thanks!

It was a good mix back in Cata because Prot's would get SP and mana from Int. Now all hybrids have the same amount of mana and because of Guarded by the Light you only get SP from AP. Holy Gear is useless on a Prot now because you gain nothing from the Int. Even the SP maces don't actually give any SP to Prot's.

It was a good mix back in Cata because Prot's would get SP and mana from Int. Now all hybrids have the same amount of mana and because of Guarded by the Light you only get SP from AP. Holy Gear is useless on a Prot now because you gain nothing from the Int. Even the SP maces don't actually give any SP to Prot's.

Thanks a lot for the explanation.

Re: Earl's F2P Paladin Guide Gear

Hi!

I have made several f2p twinks the past year, and every time i get to lvl 20, i go to thottbot (Yes, im one of those who still likes thottbot most.) and take an hour or two to write down a check list of all the best gear and weapons aviable for me. It always feels like a big waste when i delete everything, so this time i was thinking that i could post this here so that maybe somebody else could get some use of the information.

This list is for Protection / Retribution Paladins.
May also work for warriors when i think about it.

Head: Flying Tiger Goggles ------------------------------------Engineering

Neck: Thick Bronze Necklace-----------------------------------Jewelcrafting

Shoulders: Deathstalker Pauldrons--------------------------Sweet, Merciless Revenge-----------------SFK

Cloak: Tumultuous Cloak of the Soldier---------------------Satchel of Helpful Goods

Chest: Tortoise Armor--------------------------------------------Ghamoo-Ra-------------------------------------BFD

Bracers: Bracers of the Most Trusted------------------------Cities in Dust------------------------------------Silverpine Forest

Hands: Algae Fists------------------------------------------------Gelihast-------------------------------------------BFD

Belt: Earthbound Girdle of the Soldier-----------------------Satchel of Helpful Goods

Legs: Kalecgos' Gift----------------------------------------------Fade to Black-------------------------------------Azshara

Boots: Boots of the Hero----------------------------------------Heroes of the Horde!---------------------------Hillsbrad Foothills

Ring: Band of Argas----------------------------------------------Never Again!--------------------------------------Ashenvale

Ring: Band of Foul Strength------------------------------------Rain of Destruction-----------------------------Ashenvale

Trinket: Insignia of the Horde----------------------------------PVP Vendor Orgrimmar------------------------55 HP

Trinket: Rune of Duty---------------------------------------------PVP Vendor Northern Barrens---------------20 HP

Main hand: Legionnaire's Sword-----------------------------PVP Vendor Northern Barrens---------------70 HP

Alt. Main hand: Darkwater Talwar-----------------------------Lady Sarevess-----------------------------------BFD

Off hand: Shield Against the Evil Presence----------------Nightmare of the Deeps-----------------------BFD

2H: Cold Iron Pick-------------------------------------------------Hogger---------------------------------------------Stockade

Alt. 2H: Reef Axe---------------------------------------------------Gelihast--------------------------------------------BFD

Alt. 2H: Strike of the Hydra--------------------------------------Aku'mai---------------------------------------------BFD

PS: I always get Leatherworking first and fix the Medium Armor Kits, then in this case i go Jewelcrafting to get the necklace. After that i go Engineering and get the goggles. I remove mining but keep engineering so that i can use the goggles. After that, i get enchanting, enchant everything that i can and then remove enchanting and get herbalism for the Lifeblood spell.

Stryparn
Aerie peak

Nice guide :)

I would add that the use of bloodthistle, is what makes belf the better choice for horde.
Might have been mentioned, didn't read the comments.

Re: Earl's F2P Paladin Guide Gear

I just want to add a change to my last comment. The chest should be Phantom Armor.

Head: Flying Tiger Goggles ------------------------------------Engineering

Neck: Thick Bronze Necklace-----------------------------------Jewelcrafting

Shoulders: Deathstalker Pauldrons--------------------------Sweet, Merciless Revenge------------------SFK

Cloak: Tumultuous Cloak of the Soldier---------------------Satchel of Helpful Goods

Chest: Phantom Armor-------------------------------------------Lord Walden-------------------------------------SFK

Bracers: Bracers of the Most Trusted------------------------Cities in Dust------------------------------------Silverpine Forest

Hands: Algae Fists------------------------------------------------Gelihast-------------------------------------------BFD

Belt: Earthbound Girdle of the Soldier-----------------------Satchel of Helpful Goods

Legs: Kalecgos' Gift----------------------------------------------Fade to Black-------------------------------------Azshara

Boots: Boots of the Hero----------------------------------------Heroes of the Horde!---------------------------Hillsbrad Foothills

Ring: Band of Argas----------------------------------------------Never Again!--------------------------------------Ashenvale

Ring: Band of Foul Strength------------------------------------Rain of Destruction-----------------------------Ashenvale

Trinket: Insignia of the Horde----------------------------------PVP Vendor Orgrimmar------------------------55 HP

Trinket: Rune of Duty---------------------------------------------PVP Vendor Northern Barrens---------------20 HP

Main hand: Legionnaire's Sword-----------------------------PVP Vendor Northern Barrens---------------70 HP

Alt. Main hand: Darkwater Talwar-----------------------------Lady Sarevess-----------------------------------BFD

Off hand: Shield Against the Evil Presence----------------Nightmare of the Deeps-----------------------BFD

2H: Cold Iron Pick-------------------------------------------------Hogger---------------------------------------------Stockade

Alt. 2H: Reef Axe---------------------------------------------------Gelihast--------------------------------------------BFD

Alt. 2H: Strike of the Hydra--------------------------------------Aku'mai---------------------------------------------BFD

Good luck!

Stryparn
Aerie peak

hello there.......how good/bad would 2 swift hands of justice trinkets be for my prot pala f2p...what benefits if any would they bring to this class?
thx in advance for any advice

hello there.......how good/bad would 2 swift hands of justice trinkets be for my prot pala f2p...what benefits if any would they bring to this class?
thx in advance for any advice

Haste is not a great stat for prot paladins at level 20. It mostly benefits auto-attack (white) damage and spells with cast times, though it also does lower the GCD slightly. Since prot primarily makes use of instant spells that have cooldowns beyond the GCD, the only thing haste really helps with is slightly quicker heals and a minimal increase in auto-attack damage.

You'd probably be better off with defensive trinkets such as Arena Grand Master, Inherited Mark of Tyranny, or an Inherited Insignia of the Alliance/Horde for non-Human characters.

ty for ur reply ..
yes ..... 'they' were meant to help the GCD but i guess not really enough at lvl20....thx again n gl out there

Users who are viewing this thread