[MOP] Earl's F2P Paladin Guide

Re: Earl's F2P Paladin Guide

by the way i forgot to mention what a great guide this is.
ok....dont use swift hands!
im able to get strengthened stockade pauldrons, inherited mark of tyranny, inherited insignia of the alliance from honor...im interested in the pvp resilliance these will give...
SSP scale to 2.1% pvp res in BG's,..... IMoT= 2.8%......IIotA= 2.8%..(imo..i know nothing!) = 7.7% total pvp res.
Is this correct?.....are these actually worth getting/ will they make a difference at this lvl?
again many thx in advance for any advice

Only get MoT if you can't or won't get an AGM. The other resil boas are good for FCing, but I use the avoidance ones because the difference is so minimal and they look way better. It's a personal preference decision.

7.7% total pvp res.
You won't get nearly that much since they nerfed resil a while ago, maybe 3% total

Hey!
I have a few questions concerning my play on prot paladin.
First off, Im using Magician's Mantle on my FC set, should I change to heirloom?
Also, I use skele gauntlets in same FC set, and I heard that I should be using Naga gloves, but I am not sure if trading 2 stamina for 9 strength (and loads of armor) is worth it.
Continuing, when I am on my DPS set i tend to shoot very low Avenger's Shields. There were moments when I threw 300 dmg ones into some players, and people in chat tell me that "prot pally is op cuz 700 frisbees", do I have wrong items in my set? It covers up with the guide.

Hey!
I have a few questions concerning my play on prot paladin.
First off, Im using Magician's Mantle on my FC set, should I change to heirloom?
Also, I use skele gauntlets in same FC set, and I heard that I should be using Naga gloves, but I am not sure if trading 2 stamina for 9 strength (and loads of armor) is worth it.
Continuing, when I am on my DPS set i tend to shoot very low Avenger's Shields. There were moments when I threw 300 dmg ones into some players, and people in chat tell me that "prot pally is op cuz 700 frisbees", do I have wrong items in my set? It covers up with the guide.

I think they were talking about crits.

[MENTION=17546]Crystalpall[/MENTION] dont use naga. 2 stam for a decent amount of both armor and just isnt worth it.

and parry* sry bout double post.

Also, use resil pads if u have 2+ healers with u and parry shoulders if <2 healers and stacks.

The armor becomes more significant once stacks kick in same with mitigation. The looms gives a nice chunk of armor a little parry and resillience/parry.

The stacks will obviously make your hp go down faster. Mm makes you take harder hits and that stam you gained from yourMM is gone in half a second vs a rogue whilst with parry shoulders theres a greater chance he'll miss that hit which spares your hit points. And if it does hit it will slightsly smaller.

Resilliance shoulders will give a minor increase in your parry making him miss and also the damage you take if it does hit it's even smaller than with parry shoulders. Resilliance also affects spells.

Another thing to take into consideration is that parry, resilliance and armor all stick with you until you're dead whilst that 80 hp + 25% is gone once you get struck.

The healing you take will also be improved as the heals will heal you more. Well it will still say you get healed for 450 but counting in the armor and resilliance effect you will actually gain more than that.

Your Effective Health, say a rogue does an evicerate for 1800 damage, using Mm it might hit you for 1400 whilst in the other set you take 1100 damage now these numbers are ofcourse fictional but it still proves the point that it will take your healers maybe 2 casts instead of 3 to heal you through the same damage.

Probably forgot something and a few typos but since I'm phone I can't fix it at the moment.

tl;dr nah screw that just the wall.

[MENTION=17546]Crystalpall[/MENTION]

hmm the armoryes arnt loading for me? the page isnt loading... :(
need to see the prot alli gear :/

This guide is currently out of date. I might update it, might not. I would have to patch my wow from 5.2 and that all sounds like a lot of work, considering I don't play anymore. I might be down to have someone collaborate if they volunteered to help keep it up do date. Anyone interested in that should PM me.

If you need help with horde strength gear scaling, or testing, my pally Udders, has most everything you'd want (even Stone Guard Greaves, Lol.). Oddly enough, I think her current gear is exactly what you had in your horde dps chardev, with the exception of the Thorbas.

Users who are viewing this thread