Master Speedrun Thread, Submit Here!

could you plz post your videos on youtube?
[doublepost=1673773979,1673733793][/doublepost]I have 2 records, hillsbrad + exiles reach

Thanks! Ill see if I can re-upload it to fix it. But I think you're onto something with the spawning oozes before the boss kill, cuz it seemed to help during my Sunken Temple run, where I pull the whole dungeon.

Here's my improved 3:25 Blackrock Depths: Upper City run (Solo, Skip, Glitch, 20). Ketho starts me at instance load-in so, yea, I subtracted 1 second from the final time.

And here's a 1:32 Sunken Temple (Solo, Skip, Glitch, 20). Again, subtracted 1 second. I pretty much just speedrun Jammal'an, and then finsh off Eranikus. You have to proc the slime before the "Join Us" buff expires, but sometimes it randomly falls off. If you can do that, you one-shot him and then move on to Eranikus with little to no problems.

There was one run where the slime I spawned earlier helped with the Eranikus kill, so I think spawning slimes as you go along might be a good strat:

But this is actually really good for classes that need Dragon's Call (even though it might get nerfed), because normally the Jammal'an fight is nearly impossible without some level of insane RNG or a pet class. Luckily some twinks have devised some strategies to tackle him in this thread (20 Twink Solo Classic Dungeon Master PVE Guide), but the fight is still extremely difficult on non-healing/pet classes without some level of luck, making Sunken Temple a pain for classes that actually need the 1h sword to farm
Problem is that of all the clases that would actually use the sword, 3 cant even get the ooze trinket (warr pala and dk),and rogue only needs them for 1 spec ( and its a joke with or without swords). This is viable for 2 classes, monk and DH.
But still, congrats for the sunken run. I guess in time, the fastest time will just boil down to finding a more reliable way to control spawn the oozes no?

The Oozes will be patched soon without a doubt. Either through actual intentional nerfing or from the trinket just breaking due to level req. ptr doesn't look pretty for SL items. I know f2P cant get the items but a sub could if traded.
[doublepost=1673825311,1673823274][/doublepost]As requested by @Conzil via PM I have added a category of "P" (Patched/Fixed/No longer able to be replicated"
I have also added a section in the Posted Skips/Tips for P runs.
After a method is patched it will lose its value for your weekly and overall rankings (even for the same week as the patch) Times without said method will then become The New RECORD. Overall rankings will be adjusted come a "P"

I do want to have all P runs kept in order to document the changes over the patches. I might even add super old videos of patched twinks just for the hell of it. These "Old World" runs might be interesting to somebody.
[doublepost=1673826195][/doublepost]per request by @Azeroh I have reformatted the speedruns into MISC. and Dungeons.
[doublepost=1673831706][/doublepost]I added Archvelders recent Stratholme entry video to the SKIP/TIPS section.
[doublepost=1673834781][/doublepost]Beware trying the Archveldor skip without a way of killing yourself. worn doll can kill you if you aoe around it.
[doublepost=1673855259][/doublepost]

that bird at the end lol

@Dragpz did you ever get around to re-uploading the SM halls run? doing rankings right now and the link goes to this page since the video link you have is 2 sec long.

Yep, looks like something was wrong with the HQ version, so I reuploaded at 480p and it looks lower quality, but works fine

Here's the reuploaded version:

Also, I guess I'll post my 2:42 Stratholme Undead here too (Solo, Glitch, Skip, 20s). Archvaldor's skip works great now that Shiekrunner's version might be impossible to do after consumables were nerfed. But what Archvaldor doesn't mention is that the area behind the last boss doesn't have any collision, so you can skip straight into Rivendare's room, and then to reset, you can just die to the Abominations outside. I do the skip at around 2:27

@Dragpz I know you posted the Stratholme 20 hours ago on daily motion. Since you didn't submit it by 6pm pst I'll just mark it down as part of the new week.

WOW, I enlarged and enhanced the footage in super slow-mo 3d I-max 19.1 surround sound VR. I have discovered that this run starts at 0 sec. You must have crit on that load screen boss. Going to leave this here for future reference Magic Broom. Im pretty sure it's instant cast. The run is actually 2:43*
[doublepost=1674016463,1674015015][/doublepost]I Will be adding an Honorable Mention section in the ranking starting week 4. Your new PB will be featured there if not a rank 1 record.

I added a separate section for 70 speedruns if anyone wants to also play with those.
I will work on adding raids as I feel motivated to. I'm working on 3 threads all at once so I'm a bit busy.

@Conzil
@Azeroh
@Dragpz
A bunch of other trinkets seem to work in current timeline. Talking about them in the 10s section on discord right now.
[doublepost=1674110562,1674110505][/doublepost]we now have a triggerable kill on bosses https://www.wowhead.com/item=179356/shadowgrasp-totem
[doublepost=1674111343][/doublepost]SM halls is as fast as you can get to the boss now @Dragpz. kick ass!

Dang, great find! Thanks to your discovery, was able to hit a 0:10/0:11 Stockades and 0:41 Scarlet halls

Here's the 0:10/0:11 Stockades run (Solo, Skip, Glitch, 20s)

and the 0:41 Scarlet Halls run (Solo, Skip, Glitch, 20s)

instead of 70 speedruns, legacy speedruns
instead of 1-60 speedruns, scaled speedruns
future proofing so you wouldn’t have to change the label every expansion. I also think it would be better to make a spoiler containing the scaled speedruns and legacy speedruns together, it’s very easy to imagine a future where there’s like 4 different categories and the whole post gets cluttered. Makes it more modular as well.

you could put the consumable thread in the tips, same with ravenbear if you want, and I think you should probably remove the dungeon entrances. If you want to run a specific dungeon, you will search x dungeon up to find it, nobody is going to actually use that guide.

you should replace the dragon riding race thread with the official dragon riding race sub-category on speedrun.com . the thread is dead lmao

the paragraph talking about the weekly ratings should be before or after all the spoilers, doesn’t really make sense and looks like it was randomly placed.

also replace “speedruning” with “speedrunning”, speedrunning is the correct lettering

@Azeroh working on it!

I do want to see all the legacy runs without replacing them with the future 80 legacy runs. relisting them as 70 legacy come expansion rollover and placed into an archive spoiler. Come that time I will have to make a new Section for the new Legacy level. No biggy. takes 20 minutes to copy paste and delete all records/add new places etc etc.

I added a changelog spoiler as well for those that care. (ME)
[doublepost=1674380062,1674375445][/doublepost]Shit broke have to fix fml I swear previewing adds spoiler copies sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread