Master Speedrun Thread, Submit Here!

I was thinking the final boss will be the final boss of the RDF version of the dungeon. Given that there is no solo "Detention block" it will just be the boss that RDF thinks is the final boss.

You're a winner!
[doublepost=1673497723,1673497457][/doublepost]That being said if you want to post a speedrun of another boss we can just add a section for that if anyone cares enough to speedrun a specific boss that isnt considered the final boss "now-a-days". I am okay with boss segments being submitted as well. I will just have to make another category for boss segments.
[doublepost=1673500781][/doublepost]Does Mara only have 1 world entrance?
[doublepost=1673501917][/doublepost]It has an entrance for all 3 Mara dungeons in the open world deep inside the cave.

Yeah, historically, Mara has had 3 entrances/sides, Orange side, Purple side, and Inners, which used to require a staff and a questline to get into. Now, you can just walk into the middle cave to get into Inners. https://www.wowhead.com/zone=2100/maraudon

I have added boss names to all the classic dungeons. I will add the remaining boss names for the rest of the xpacs shortly.
[doublepost=1673505142,1673504799][/doublepost]I changed the "Dungeons" section title name to "Speedruns" in the op
[doublepost=1673507205][/doublepost]@Dragpz just a thought but if you toggled to have the speed display hide when standing still it would give a great visual aid to the start of your speedruns.

I think it would look better if it was organized a bit like this
classic, etc etc

island expeditions, exiles reach etc etc

Obviously, as more types of speedruns are added more categories could be added. You could replace any category with any other category, etc etc. I think it makes more sense this way. You could also embed this into speedruns, but that would be a bit too dank so I wouldn’t do it.

If I obtain an item in a dungeon, like Gnomergan Parachute, can I then go out, reset and use it the next run without picking up a new one during that run?
if we allow people to use items from outside the dungeon, i dont see why we shouldnt allow items from inside the dungeon to be brought out then back in.

D1B25AFE-6CE2-443E-A5D8-C7CDB3C78311.png

@Dragpz
[doublepost=1673481252,1673480849][/doublepost]I'm not even sure if its possible, but a solution to this problem is for someone to make a autosplitter for wow dungeons.

dont know if theres a specific function thats called when the final boss is killed (might have to set up an autosplitter for every dungeon individually :NotLikeThis:) I'm just putting the idea out there so someone crazy enough would try to do this

After looking into what it takes to do an Autosplitter, I would say it's not really worth the effort cuz 1. Most of the Dungeon runs are skips and 2. All of the API hooks exist in-game and can be done via Add-ons. If you're good enough with Addon making and LUA, it will be faster to just make an addon with splits

Also, after taking a look into KethoInstanceTimer, it looks like there are no Dungeon Entries beyond Cata, because they had a fallback method, but apparently it doesn't work if you only clear the last boss. I'll try and see if I can finagle something to get it working for our skip runs. What is also funny is that Ketho also listed the end boss of Detention Block as High Interrogator Gestahn

upload_2023-1-12_11-59-37.png

But I am almost certain that the end boss was changed for RDF at some point

@Dragpz The boss was changed for detention block rdf in legion I think.

Good information about both split timer and kethos!

Do we want detention block to be High Inquisitor or Fineous? Rather short speedrun if we pick High Inquisitor...

Still a short one with Fineous Darkwire, u just take drill at start, jump down and you are at boss in 3sec.

But I think it’s good with a mix of long / short runs, different classes are good for different things.

Like if it’s a short dung my shaman is good cuz shaman got insane dps, if it’s a longer one druid is good cuz stealth, if its one with a unique skip DH is good, I like that balance.

After looking into what it takes to do an Autosplitter, I would say it's not really worth the effort cuz 1. Most of the Dungeon runs are skips and 2. All of the API hooks exist in-game and can be done via Add-ons. If you're good enough with Addon making and LUA, it will be faster to just make an addon with splits

Also, after taking a look into KethoInstanceTimer, it looks like there are no Dungeon Entries beyond Cata, because they had a fallback method, but apparently it doesn't work if you only clear the last boss. I'll try and see if I can finagle something to get it working for our skip runs. What is also funny is that Ketho also listed the end boss of Detention Block as High Interrogator Gestahn

View attachment 22268

But I am almost certain that the end boss was changed for RDF at some point
an autosplitter doesn't have to be for livesplit, it could also be in addon form. the concept of an autosplitter is to start a timer at the beginning of x event, then stopping at end of x event. there could be multiple events (splits), or just one event (end of the game). livesplit was simply an example of how x autosplitter could be formatted (timer, splits if wanted, automatic starting/stopping of timer, pb tracking, and comparisons on splits/end to your pb).

Well, here it is, I modified KethosInstanceTimer to include every dungeon up to Dragonflight. It does have an issue with edge cases where the end boss doesn't die or if the boss dies twice. Here's a list of ones that might have to be timed manually:

• WOTLK - Utgarde Pinnacle
  • WOTLK - Halls of Reflection
  • CATA - Throne of the Tides
  • Legion - Halls of Valor
  • Legion - Maw of Souls
  • Shadowlands - Sanguine Depths

Install KethosInstanceTimer, and then extract this file into that folder and replace. Let me know if there's any issues

Edit: Accidentally listed Vanessa Vancleef as Deadmines boss, should be updated to Cookie

Attachments

• KethoInstanceTimer.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Thanks to @blue09 's findings, I was able to do a 0:56 Scarlet Halls (Solo, Skip, Glitch, 20) in half the time of my previous run:

And a 1:47 Deadmines Run (Solo, Skip, Glitch, 20) about 2 minutes faster. At this point, it's really more or less about the RNG proc, and I think a sub 1:20 run is possible.

@Dragpz You can definitely get that ooze to spawn faster. Maybe the use of a target dummy toy as you're running to try to spawn an ooze? Im liking this new video platform your using it lets me slow down even more. I LOVE ENHANCING FOOTAGE!

Never mind I tested and the oozes and they don't really like to switch target. Maybe going through the floor would reposition them but if not the target dummy toy idea might not help at all. PTR is going to gimp the trinket I bet so GL on getting fast procs on the ooze.

The Scarlet halls run is broken on the platform you posted it on. the video is 2 sec long. I was able to use the video posted above but am unable to link it to the time on the OP due to it being broken. Until this is resolved/redone I am linking this page to give your time a link.

I placed SH at :55 seconds since timer was at 1 second when you started moving.
I placed Deadmines at 1:46 since timer was at 1 second when you started moving.

Last edited:
@Dragpz You can definitely get that ooze to spawn faster. Maybe the use of a target dummy toy as you're running to try to spawn an ooze? Im liking this new video platform your using it lets me slow down even more. I LOVE ENHANCING FOOTAGE!

Never mind I tested and the oozes and they don't really like to switch target. Maybe going through the floor would reposition them but if not the target dummy toy idea might not help at all. PTR is going to gimp the trinket I bet so GL on getting fast procs on the ooze.

The Scarlet halls run is broken on the platform you posted it on. the video is 2 sec long. I was able to use the video posted above but am unable to link it to the time on the OP due to it being broken. Until this is resolved/redone I am linking this page to give your time a link.

I placed SH at :55 seconds since timer was at 1 second when you started moving.
I placed Deadmines at 1:46 since timer was at 1 second when you started moving.

Thanks! Ill see if I can re-upload it to fix it. But I think you're onto something with the spawning oozes before the boss kill, cuz it seemed to help during my Sunken Temple run, where I pull the whole dungeon.

Here's my improved 3:25 Blackrock Depths: Upper City run (Solo, Skip, Glitch, 20). Ketho starts me at instance load-in so, yea, I subtracted 1 second from the final time.

And here's a 1:32 Sunken Temple (Solo, Skip, Glitch, 20). Again, subtracted 1 second. I pretty much just speedrun Jammal'an, and then finsh off Eranikus. You have to proc the slime before the "Join Us" buff expires, but sometimes it randomly falls off. If you can do that, you one-shot him and then move on to Eranikus with little to no problems.

There was one run where the slime I spawned earlier helped with the Eranikus kill, so I think spawning slimes as you go along might be a good strat:

upload_2023-1-14_13-42-42.png

But this is actually really good for classes that need Dragon's Call (even though it might get nerfed), because normally the Jammal'an fight is nearly impossible without some level of insane RNG or a pet class. Luckily some twinks have devised some strategies to tackle him in this thread (20 Twink Solo Classic Dungeon Master PVE Guide), but the fight is still extremely difficult on non-healing/pet classes without some level of luck, making Sunken Temple a pain for classes that actually need the 1h sword to farm

Users who are viewing this thread