Macros: Q/A and Requests

Not dumb at all. :)

Reset means go back to the start of the sequence. You tell the macro when to reset by adding the information:

/castsequence X,Y,Z
will reset to X after you have cast Z

/castsequence reset=10 X,Y,Z
will reset to X after you have cast Z or after 10 seconds

/castsequence reset=combat X,Y,Z
will reset to X after you have cast Z or when you leave combat

/castsequence reset=target X,Y,Z
will reset to X after you have cast Z or when you switch targets

Moving interrupts spellcasting, castsequence or no. The sequence will not reset by moving.

That said, I agree that castsequences can be dangerous. A disrupt can make you unable to use it, even if you were theoretically able to cast the next spell in the sequence.

One situations that I find one useful is:
/castsequence reset=x Arena Grand Master,PotionY,BandageZ

Not dumb at all. :)

Reset means go back to the start of the sequence. You tell the macro when to reset by adding the information:

/castsequence X,Y,Z
will reset to X after you have cast Z

/castsequence reset=10 X,Y,Z
will reset to X after you have cast Z or after 10 seconds

/castsequence reset=combat X,Y,Z
will reset to X after you have cast Z or when you leave combat

/castsequence reset=target X,Y,Z
will reset to X after you have cast Z or when you switch targets

Moving interrupts spellcasting, castsequence or no. The sequence will not reset by moving.

That said, I agree that castsequences can be dangerous. A disrupt can make you unable to use it, even if you were theoretically able to cast the next spell in the sequence.

One situations that I find one useful is:
/castsequence reset=x Arena Grand Master,PotionY,BandageZ

Thank you, it makes kinda sence now! ;)

I might aswell add something here, since it has been so useful for me so far :)

You know that rogue sap macro for sapping other stealthers:
#showtooltip Sap
/targetenemy [harm][nodead]
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast Sap

Well I have found that this is very useful for non-rogues aswell, for instance I have just replaced Sap with Judgement on my lvl 19 pala, and this way, I have a macro I can spam when I think rogues are near, much easier than clicking them :)

Ok, so I just recently got my 2nd AGM, which I will be using when my insignia is on CD, and was wondering if I could make a macro to equip my 2nd AGM in my insignia slot?

Is there a way to set up a macro determines the spell to cast based on what spell you have? For example, a Shaman's Tier 1 talents, is there a way to macro Astral Shift and Stone Bulwark Totem together and have the macro sort out which one you're after?

Is there a way to set up Riptide and Thunderstorm to the same button?

bump... though some research I've gotten into suggests that last one's tricky.

However, new macros I want:

A macro that sets the last friendly speaker to say something as the focus

A macro that sets the last friendly speaker to say something's target to my target

edit: also, is there a way to add a modifier button like shift/alt to a /say macro?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyway to put Hunter's Mark and Aimed shot in a macro?
not to be fired at the same time, since they're both on the global.

I do put it it with my macro for getting a target and for auto-firing, though, and it's something like:

#showtooltip
/targetenemy
/petattack
/cast Hunter's Mark
/startattack
/petassist

Using that to tab through targets has kept hunter's mark on my targets pretty well and keeps my pets busy as hell harassing the field.

idk... I know that's not what you wanted but... ya... loll

@ First macro question, and to any @target + cast type macro's...

When it comes to healing, having correct macros + efficient keybinds are nearly as important as your actual understanding of healing. Thus, your binds (for targetting) should be VERY each to reach. I personally use the mousewheel. Scroll up is party one, down is party two, and I don't have myself targetted because by default my spells will target me. All of my spells are specifically bound to specific people or party members, the point of having the easy targetting is more so you can more efficiently decide how someone is doing, how many things you need to dispel, whether or not the opposing healer is dispelling like they should, etc.

My advice primarily applies to arena\wargame arenas, but you can also apply it to premades. It isn't really worth it for pugs, unless you are playing with people you know.

First, assign targetting macros to you, party 1, and party 2 ( for arena). For premade's, identify key players \ primary tanks and macro them.

Example:
/target party1
or
/target painaid

Then continue with your cast. I don't remember the exact macro (as I have only just returned yesterday and not redone my priest) but I also use an extra two lines that come to something like this;

/target party1
/stopcast
/targetlasttarget

I don't think that works, but it's the general idea. Hit it once, it targets your person. Hit it again and it targets your previous target - mine is on a loop so if I don't hit the button after X seconds then it automatically assumes the original target party1 bind.

Then again, in the high-pressure grounds of a highly rated arena or competitive premade, you don't always have the split second to target someone. You just have to make the decision.

Thus, the next macro comes into place - the same thing as before, just a little more in depth.

#showtooltip
/cast [target=(your toon here), nomod] penance
/cast [target=party1, mod:shift] penance
/cast [target=party2, mod:ctrl] penance

This macro allows you to heal the specified target without targetting them. Thus, if you are busy dispelling hots off of EFC and your primary tank runs by, you can hit (say, shift + keybind) and it will heal them without taking your target UI off of the EFC. This is almost vital for arenas so you can catch spells, maintain pressure, and reduce the pressure on yourself.

I recommend making macros like this second one for all of your healing spells.
Dispel is the exception to this; you should have dispel macro'd to auto cast on you, party 1 + 2, an open one or two macros that you can input names into, your focus, AND arena 1 + 2, so you can catch important spells like NS without targetting - the time it takes you to target the shaman will lead to them already having cast.

Feel free to PM me if anything isn't quite clear;
-Kohes \ Genocist

I've seen a rash of pally bubble flag drops. Could you macro the bubble not to work if it detects the flag buff? Maybe cast lay hands instead?
I also wondered if there was a macro to return the wsg flag that target the flag and and click to return with one button? I'm slow I guess. I hardly ever click the flag before someone else gets there.

Say I want to power word shield my psyfiend so it doesn't get one shot. After I drop psyfiend:
/target psyfiend
/cast power word shield
/targetlasttarget

How could I change this to nuke the unfriendlys with penance and shield the friendlys?

Say I want to power word shield my psyfiend so it doesn't get one shot. After I drop psyfiend:
/target psyfiend
/cast power word shield
/targetlasttarget

How could I change this to nuke the unfriendlys with penance and shield the friendlys?

/cast [harm] penance; [help] power word: shield

Something like that? Will not penance a friendly target this way though

Hi, I'm looking for a macro that will cast Chi Burst, if I have the required Chi, if not then cast Jab on the nearest enemy (incase my actual target is out of melee range) or Expel Harm, and after casting Jab/Expel Harm targeting my first target :)

HELP GUYS!

I need helping making a macro for void tendrils. As it is I have one that will target the nearest void tendril and cast Power Word: Shield on it. However I need one that I can spam that will target a different Void Tendril each time I use it and cast bubble on it, for situations where I root more than one person.

Is there a way to do this? I was thinking maybe to tell the macro to only target Void Tendrils that do not have the PW: S debuff or something like that, but I don't speak macro language.

Any help?

HELP GUYS!

I need helping making a macro for void tendrils. As it is I have one that will target the nearest void tendril and cast Power Word: Shield on it. However I need one that I can spam that will target a different Void Tendril each time I use it and cast bubble on it, for situations where I root more than one person.

Is there a way to do this? I was thinking maybe to tell the macro to only target Void Tendrils that do not have the PW: S debuff or something like that, but I don't speak macro language.

Any help?
bump for answer to this issue :)

Users who are viewing this thread