Macros: Q/A and Requests

Hello all,

Creating a macro thread here to take questions and answers as well as requests for macros. I'm a decent macro writer, but I could always use more practice and challenge myself.

For your macro requests, please be as specific as you can be. Make sure to include what class (and race if applicable) that you need a macro for if you need it for a specific class. If you're having issues writing your own macro, I can try to help you as well.

-Taitaih

Is it possible, That you could make a macro, That. You target the player that has the lowest health and cast, Power word Shield. Then Heal?

Hrmm, I don't think there's any command that automatically detects the lowest health member of a raid. I'd recommend some addon like Vudho, Healbot, Grid, etc to have to sort those things out.

Here's a Mouseover macro that might help you with Power Word: Shield however.

Code:
#showtooltip Power Word: Shield

/cast [target=mouseover,help] Power Word: Shield; [help] Power Word: Shield; Power Word: Shield

This will check to see if you have a mouseover target and if it is also friendly, cast Power Word: Shield. If you do not have a mouseover and are targeting a friendly target, you will shield them. If neither are true, you shield yourself.

So would it not be possible to cast heal right after that? (In a macro that is.)

Say. I Target, Use the Macro, And could it possibly, Bubble, heal, renew, In 1 macro?

healbot, heal from your mouse! can set your clicks to cast different heals (middle click bubble, left renew, right heal, etc, ad infintium depending on what mouse you have) and im sure you could work in a mouse over macro if you cba to click on them, or set it to work with grid where you just click their raid frame with the right click and it does it

Hehe, well how do you target your teammates then? Maybe we can work something from there.

Nice thread. And if you have time could you please explain the /click macro in full and everything you can do with t. I'm trying to get more familiar with macros and programming thanks!

where are the keys for pet controls. i wanna set attack to ctrl-1 and such but forgot how to do it....i used to have it on my old comp/files

Falkor said:
where are the keys for pet controls. i wanna set attack to ctrl-1 and such but forgot how to do it....i used to have it on my old comp/files

Keybindings menu? It should auto set your first attack to ctrl 1 second pet attack to ctrl 2 etc...Or you can make a macro like

/petcast (fill in spell name here)

then bind that to your ui and make a keybindings. Sorry if I'm wrong just trying to help haha. I don't really get your question.

Taitaih, I target my teamates by clicking name plates. And I do use Healbot. And Xperl. So i know where they all are and whatnot and who is down on health, So clicking is not a problem, I just want a large macro in one.

So instead of spam clicking it numerous times, I can be ready for whatever comes next.

Twinkin said:
Nice thread. And if you have time could you please explain the /click macro in full and everything you can do with t. I'm trying to get more familiar with macros and programming thanks!

/click makes for some really interesting stuff. It behaves like a left click, so perhaps the best idea of using /click is to make macros longer than 255 characters.

I grabbed this from wowwiki. It's a short grouping of how you can access buttons on your standard Blizzard Action Bars.

Code:
ActionButton#                Main Bar*

BonusActionButton#           Dynamic bar that switches actions based on Druid Forms, Warrior Stances, and Rogue Stealth*

MultiBarBottomLeftButton#    Bottom Left Bar

MultiBarBottomRightButton#   Bottom Right Bar

MultiBarRightButton#         Right Bar

MultiBarLeftButton#          Right Bar 2 (to the left of "Right Bar")

PetActionButton#             Pet Bar

ShapeshiftButton#            Druid Forms, Paladin Auras, Warrior Stances, Death Knight Presences, Rogue Stealth

Let's say you have a simple macro, but you didn't really want to condense it to fit or that it's just plain too long. Let's look at a macro and combine it with a /click

Code:
#showtooltip Charge

/cast [stance:2/3,nomod] Battle Stance;

/cast [mod:ctrl,target=focus] Charge; Charge

/cast [stance:1/2,mod:alt] Berserker Stance;

/cast [stance:3,mod:alt] Intercept;

/cast [stance:3,mod:ctrl,target=focus] Intercept;

Let's put this macro in MultiBarBottomLeftButton1 and let's combine it.

Code:
/click MultiBarBottomLeftButton1

/equip Shadow's Edge

/cancelaura Bladestorm

/cancelaura Hand of Protection

And put that on my main bar. Clicking the 2nd macro would allow you to access the first macro AND the 2nd macro at the same time. This allows you to combine both macros together and also being able to combine multiple macros together into one big macro.

Hope that gives you some idea of /click. I haven't used it a lot personally, but that's what I've gotten from /click so far.

UmpteenthTwink said:
Taitaih, I target my teamates by clicking name plates. And I do use Healbot. And Xperl. So i know where they all are and whatnot and who is down on health, So clicking is not a problem, I just want a large macro in one.

So instead of spam clicking it numerous times, I can be ready for whatever comes next.

Well with a macro that involves the GCD (like binding Flash Heal and Power Word: Sheild), it will always require as many clicks as it takes to get both spells off.

Maybe a cast sequence would work best?

Code:
#showtooltip Power Word: Shield

/castsequence reset=target/ctrl,3,combat [target=mouseover,help] Power Word: Shield, Flash Heal; [help] Power Word: Shield, Flash Heal; Power Word: Shield, Flash Heal

Your castsequence will reset every time you retarget someone, hold ctrl, or when you leave combat.

Oops, yea you would just do that.

I'm not at my WoW account to test this out on my 80 priest, so you'll have to wait until later if it doesn't work :p.

UmpteenthTwink said:
I use mouse to turn. Already taken

If your using your mouse just for moving then you're doing it wrong. You should really look into doing what Falkor said.

I have a Holy Pally alt that I play above 2k on and this is how I do my healing and everyone I talk to that is also aroudn there or above does the same.... I use VuHdo mod for this, but I think a lot of ppl like healbot better.

If your don't like it that's kool, but I don't think you should over look it.

yes, click 2 cast, sizing, targeting, coloring, debuffs,...... on VuHdo are so customizable idk why it doesn't just take over the in-game one.

Made this:

#showtooltip Fear

/cast [modifier:alt,target=focus] Fear; Fear

Put it in action bar 1, button 1 but it won't work in any other button

Was wanting to use the same macro but for Corruption/COA

Any help with what I'm doing wrong

That's odd. Make sure that Alt+<button> isn't bound in your keybindings somewhere.

I usually use [mod:alt], to clean up macros by shortening the "modifier" part.

Users who are viewing this thread