Macros: Q/A and Requests

Mnkey said:
wtb sap macro

You talking something liiiiike:

#showtooltip

/cleartarget

/targetenemyplayer

/cast Sap

Saps closest player. Awesome for spamming when you think a rogue or druid is around. Unless you wanted something different.

Jojkamo said:
Is there any possibility to make macro that will loot box called "Sack of Spoils" and take "Major Mana Potion" from it ? thanks

No, unfortunately not. That would require a fancy addon and i do not know if there is one out atm that could do that. Seems possible though.

Okay looking for a macro that will scatter shot/wing clip my closest enemy, not just other players but mobs as well.

I'll try posting this request here first before making a whole new thread, i haven't visited this part of the forums before

the macro i'm making is very situational and i know this, but i do have a specific use for it.

what i want is to have a cast macro for a spell, but to make sure my pet is alive in the same macro.

basically, its an either or macro. IF pet is dead then rez, if pet is alive then cast spell.

also as a hunter is there a way to modify a macro to do a ranged spell until mellee range and then a mellee spell.

additionally is there a way to modify a /use like a trinket to use if in combat, but do nothing if out of combat?

Hey this weekend its CTArms:AValley. I want to try hand in some of the items enemy corpses drop for something to do. Having to deal with the quest givers shananigans takes ages and way to much time. LF the macro that will get me through the 3 or 4 pages just to hand in all the drops. This one looked promising:

/script SelectGossipAvailableQuest(1)

As it selected the right quest, but Im not sure how to set up the macro so it gets past the page that simply has the 'Continue' button, followed by the complete quest page.

The quest I wish to spam the macro on is http://www.wowhead.com/quest=7386 [[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Crystal Cluster]. Have to hand in 5 Storm Crystals at a time.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Cheers[/font]

would it be possible to create a macro that would allow me to get the max extent of these trinkets and my cooldowns. I'm a frost mage, human, gearing up in pve-gear. My trinkets are The Skull of Gul'dan (175 haste for 20 secs) and Shifting Naaru Sliver (320 sp for 15 secs). Also include Icy Veins in the part with the skull and mirror image in the part with the sliver. Thanks.

Anyone got any experience with dual-wield swapping? Is it possible to have a macro that, when, say I have weapon sets X and Y, if I click the macro and X is equipped, it'll equip set Y and vice versa?
I need to swap from 2x assassin's blade to 2x shadowfangs, both sets have the same enchants.

Not sure whether it matters, but I'm playing on a server running on 3.3.5a.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

would it be possible to create a macro that would allow me to get the max extent of these trinkets and my cooldowns. I'm a frost mage, human, gearing up in pve-gear. My trinkets are The Skull of Gul'dan (175 haste for 20 secs) and Shifting Naaru Sliver (320 sp for 15 secs). Also include Icy Veins in the part with the skull and mirror image in the part with the sliver. Thanks.

Code:
#showtooltip Icy Veins
/use The Skull of Gul'dan
/cast Icy Veins

This will cast both Skull of Gul'dan and Icy Veins simultaneously, for about 40-45% haste at level 70. You can add Deep Freeze in:

Code:
#showtooltip Icy Veins
/castsequence reset=144 Icy Veins, Deep Freeze

Code:
#showtooltip Mirror Image
/use Shifting Naaru Sliver
/cast Mirror Image

This will cast Mirror Image and Shifting Naaru Sliver. I'm not so sure about macroing these together, but it's your choice.

--------------------------------------

Anyone got any experience with dual-wield swapping? Is it possible to have a macro that, when, say I have weapon sets X and Y, if I click the macro and X is equipped, it'll equip set Y and vice versa?
I need to swap from 2x assassin's blade to 2x shadowfangs, both sets have the same enchants.

Not sure whether it matters, but I'm playing on a server running on 3.3.5a.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

Code:
#showtooltip
/equipslot 16 Shadowfang
/equipslot 17 Shadowfang

Code:
#showtooltip
/equipslot 16 Assassin's Blade
/equipslot 17 Assassin's Blade

You will bind these to two different buttons, which is better than one because you can be sure of which set is equipped.
(Mousewheel Up + Down, Ctrl-Q + E, etc.)

If that doesn't work, you can build two different equipment sets with same gear but different weapons, and bind them to the respective buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Code:
#showtooltip Icy Veins
/cast Icy Veins

This will cast both Skull of Gul'dan and Icy Veins simultaneously, for about 40-45% haste at level 70. You can add Deep Freeze in:

Code:
#showtooltip Icy Veins
/castsequence reset=144 Icy Veins, Deep Freeze

Code:
#showtooltip Mirror Image
/use Shifting Naaru Sliver
/cast Mirror Image

This will cast Mirror Image and Shifting Naaru Sliver. I'm not so sure about macroing these together, but it's your choice.

--------------------------------------

Code:
#showtooltip
/equipslot 16 Shadowfang
/equipslot 17 Shadowfang

Code:
#showtooltip
/equipslot 16 Assassin's Blade
/equipslot 17 Assassin's Blade

You will bind these to two different buttons, which is better than one because you can be sure of which set is equipped.
(Mousewheel Up + Down, Ctrl-Q + E, etc.)

If that doesn't work, you can build two different equipment sets with same gear but different weapons, and bind them to the respective buttons.

This only swaps the weapon for main hand. It seems that the macro doesn't know which of the 2x SF's to pick when I put it like that.
Also, can't seem to swap sets mid-combat, is there any other way?

This only swaps the weapon for main hand. It seems that the macro doesn't know which of the 2x SF's to pick when I put it like that.
Also, can't seem to swap sets mid-combat, is there any other way?
Ah but you see, you can equip weapons. SO what it will do is swap weapons but no other gear. You can also make a macro that hides the error it will give you saying you cant swap some items.

However, since I use an addon that hides all errors, I don't know the macro text to use :<

Yeah, I tried making sets that only have weapons changed in them. Doesn't seem to work =(. I can't believe it's so hard making a double-swap macro.

Ah but you see, you can equip weapons. SO what it will do is swap weapons but no other gear. You can also make a macro that hides the error it will give you saying you cant swap some items.

However, since I use an addon that hides all errors, I don't know the macro text to use :<

Which addon do you use for that? ErrorFilter?

Would be nice to stop pasting /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() into every macro, although I'm glad someone posted that on TI.

Okay, then you'll have to do something a little inconvenient. It should work fine in the end, though:

1. Equip either set of the weapons. Let's say you have SFs equipped; move an AB to the upper left (first) slot of your default backpack, and the other to the right of the first slot.

Bag:
________
[X][x][_][_]| X, x = Assassin's Blades (or Shadowfangs)
[_][_][_][_]|
[_][_][_][_]|
[_][_][_][_]|

2. Create the following macro(s):

Code:
/showtooltip
/equipslot 16 0 1 Assassin's Blade
/equipslot 17 0 2 Assassin's Blade

Code:
/showtooltip
/equipslot 16 0 1 Shadowfang
/equipslot 17 0 2 Shadowfang

This is just like the other macro, but tells the client to equip the item only if it is in a specific bag slot. By putting them in separate bag slots and assigning the macro to those bag slots, the client reads them as independant items and you should be able to equip them both when the macro is activated. As long as you don't swap the bags or items around, they should all stay in the same spot and macros be continously useful.

You can blend them into one spammable macro, but personally I would use the two macros bound to different but similar buttons, as it is more reliable.

Code:
/showtooltip
/equipslot 16 0 1
/equipslot 17 0 2

Last edited by a moderator:
What does the /castsequence do? And how do you use it?

Also is there a simple macro for targeting your previous target, instead of using this:
/focus [focus=target]
/target [target=mouseover]
/cast Flash of light
/target [target=focus]
/cleartarget

Or a way to make this specific macro work a little better, like if I dont have a friendly mouseover, you just cast FoL on ur target?

/castsequence will allow you to cycle through spells, e.g. with

/castsequence Spell1,Spell2,Spell3

the keybind will be for Spell1 at first press, then for Spell2, Spell3, then reset.

If you want to reset to the beginning after some time or when leaving combat, you can use reset, e.g.

/castsequence reset=x/combat Spell1,Spell2,Spell3

where x is the number of seconds after which you want the sequence to reset.

As far as USING /castsequence goes, I would do so rarely.

Something I do with /castsequence:

/castsequence reset=10 Holy Fire, Smite, Smite, Smite

You could also do something like:

/castsequence reset=target/7 Frostbolt, Fireball, Fireball

The problem with /castsequence is that, if you rely on it to cast spells, it doesn't account for dispels/avoidances that may occur and disrupt the intention of the spell sequence. Therefore, you should try to have a keybind for each spell.

/castsequence reset=target/combat/10 Insect Swarm, Moonfire

is not recommended unless you are hit and spen capped, and there are no dispels.

So castsequence is for making a macro where you with 1 button can cast for instance FoL, Holy Shock and then FoL again?
But what if i move while its casting, will it then stop?
And I'm sorry, but didn't quiet understand the reset part :/
Sorry for dumb questions :(

Users who are viewing this thread