LvL 20 F2P Gems and Jewelcrafting guide.

Most items dropped/bought in a zone have a minimum level to use equal to that zone's level. This is a fairly well-known and annoying bug, and probably related to the bug that doesn't let you create follower level boosting items. (Since the two bugs did pop up at the same time.)

The workaround for JC quests is to farm your items in level appropriate zones. You can find mammoths or shoveltusks in other zones and use the ivory they drop.

Most items dropped/bought in a zone have a minimum level to use equal to that zone's level. This is a fairly well-known and annoying bug, and probably related to the bug that doesn't let you create follower level boosting items. (Since the two bugs did pop up at the same time.)

The workaround for JC quests is to farm your items in level appropriate zones. You can find mammoths or shoveltusks in other zones and use the ivory they drop.

Doh - schoolboy error! I knew about level restrictions per se, but hadn't made that connection. Good spot.

I deleted the Northern Ivory, which as a pop-up tip reminded me it would, "Abandoned any quest related to it", picked up the quest again, flew to the NW corner of Sholazar Basin this time to hunt some mammoth, created my item & flew back to hand in.

Problem solved.

Thank you!

Does a caster need JC? MoH +3 int gem or +2 int +2 vers JC gem are the only good options. And +3 int gem seems slightly to be better. Let us say you have 200 int. +1 int is 0.5% more damage, +2 vers is +0.45% more damage. So unless your int is over 222, and this is impossible as F2P, MoH +3 int is BiS. Am I correct?

If you want to be a pure glass cannon, I don't see why not.

If you're worried about getting bursted down and want to protect against that, steady talasites are popular for a reason and there isn't a good non-JC alternative for those.

This has been bugging me for awhile and since I eventually want to start farming for them, how do I get those +2 Agility/+2 Stamina gems I see some people using? I'm probably just blind and can't see it mentioned anywhere, but I'd really like to eventually start the farm to get them to add some cushion to my body.
I believe those are Shifting Dreadstone, crafted with Wrath JC.
But it may be better to craft fewer steady talasite and then fill with more +3 agi or +2 agi / +2 secondary gems.

Very nice guide, would've loved to see it before I figured it out the hard way.

AI'd like to add that you can actually level up to 75 Northrend JC without Alchemy. You will just have to farm Wintergrasp and/or ICC for Titanium then smelt the bars and make rings out of it. I didn't try going alchemy so idk how faster or slower this is.

Farming Titanium means farming Saronite too so if you just farm Wintergrasp for everything you get a decent amount of Titanium and Saronite.

If you go for Wintergrasp do it when the fight is on since it despawns all the elementals that are a pain to handle.

gonna ask here since I dont wanna create a new thread, but for the cogwheels I've seen people with
upload_2021-4-26_13-32-6.png
and
upload_2021-4-26_13-32-15.png
equipped at the same time, but when I try to do it it gives me an error. Am I doing somthing wrong or were my eyes deceiving me?

gonna ask here since I dont wanna create a new thread, but for the cogwheels I've seen people with View attachment 19121 and View attachment 19122 equipped at the same time, but when I try to do it it gives me an error. Am I doing somthing wrong or were my eyes deceiving me?
The cogs are uniquely equipped. The only ones you can have double of is crit and haste as these were old stats that were changed into these options (spirit/multistrike/something like that). The cogs themselves still have unique names though, just have the same stats as others.

The cogs are uniquely equipped. The only ones you can have double of is crit and haste as these were old stats that were changed into these options (spirit/multistrike/something like that). The cogs themselves still have unique names though, just have the same stats as others.
makes sense, didnt think of it that way lol

where do I get frozen orbs, wowhead says I can buy them, but 1 I can't find the seller and 2 idk if there is a better way

edit: I found the seller but still want to know if there is a better way

75 gold for an unlimited mat from an easily accessible vendor is really as good as you can hope for...
yeah I can see that now after buying a bunch I'm more limited by the amount of dark jades I have than the frozen orbs

I was wondering, could we get the wotlk gems from cobalt ore ? I have been questing in norfend zone and already have hundreds of those, it may help to speed up the gearing process a little bit :)
If so, how much should I need to be equivalent to the 1400 saronite shopping list ?
Sorry if this is common knowledge but I have absolutely no experience with JC

Users who are viewing this thread