EU+US Legion Beta Q&A

The Stormpike Battle Tabard and Silverwing Battle Tabard are still bought with honor points or with gold ?

This is how it is atm + some items from ashenvale honor shop.

bBPsNe6.jpg

Most tabards cost 10 marks while some cost 1.
You seems to be getting those marks random from bg boxes.
Cant really say about how hard will it be getting those marks as low level as well as will it be available to us at all.

If you have any characters you would like to have those items and you got means to it now - do it.

Hi @SPQR. Just wondering if you have any more to report from the PvP aspect of Legion. I know you can't get low level toons yet, damn I wish they'd allow that already in Beta, but was hoping for some more PvP info if you had any.

I'm also always interested in Hunter news :)

And I've finally been able to enter the WOWhead comp for a chance at a Beta key. I linked my achieves to my old 100 and for the first time had 2 of the achieves required. Fingers crossed and I might be able to join you in Beta ;) That's if they allow Vet accounts in :mad:

Thanks for your posts so far on Legion Beta.

Hi @SPQR. Just wondering if you have any more to report from the PvP aspect of Legion

Fearals are cool, abit too low bleed damage for my liking but im not best feral player.
Hunters are good. missing master call, but not that big of a problem.
Dont like new deterrence/turtle. has only 1 charge and it is longer instead of 2 charges but shorter.
Like insta focus gain on bm with specific talent build.
Demon hunters all over place with mobility. Fun class to play.
Frost death knight got few sick animations.

As for hunters in our bracket, mm will probably be the winner dps wise.
Bet you gonna see alot of arcane shot spamming at 100% focus.

Overall the biggest problem i can see (atleast for me) is stupid hp/dmg numbers.
would be better is there was an option of just showing % instead.
Also dont really like how they force new semi new character model/animations on people

Try mmochampion they seems to give out keys every week. that is how i got my.

Last edited:
Anyone tested Vet professions in Beta / PTR? I'm hoping they fix the bug in Legion.

Also what about the new enchants? Do they work at 20? I understand it won't work in PvP but what about for a dungeon / PvE set?

Cheers to all the testers ;)

Edit : forgot to ask about mogging for Vet/F2P. Has there been a level cap applied to not items?

I can't say 100% for Vet/F2P since I can't get my F2P to Copy but yes there are stupid Level requirements for MOST Transmog items on the PTR for my 10's. I will see if I can determine anything about the new Legion Enchants (as it pertains to PTR, since I don't have Beta access) in regards to 10's at least so it gives you all some idea... And yes, I know that would only effect Vets and not F2P's since you can't Mail/Trade. I myself can't test to see if the 100 Limit still exists in Legion.

Any updates on mogging on the PTR / Beta? Do we have access to higher level items with no level restrictions or a Blizz cracking down on that?

I don't know if anyone else already mentioned this, but I'm sad to say that after checking the PTR just now, I was no longer able to mog high level items onto my level 20. The highest item level I was able to mog was an item level 47 two hander (I didn't do any extensive testing, so the maximum item level might still be higher). It seems like there is now a item level wall set in place to prevent us from using high level quest items on our lower level characters, but this wall is currently higher than I expected it would be, so we can still get some nice mogs going.

Thanks Chap.
I was just wondering if it's been further tested to see if we can still get access to some higher level items, or if that door has been closed further?
Sort of seems strange to allow access to some items and not others. Like your post I am interested in 20's (Vet account) as I do have some cool higher level stuff unlocked. I'm hoping the door is not completely closed :(

What items go in the Wardrobe, thrash and white quality items dont go, right?
only soulbound greens and up. you can only add your own type of armor. Pala > plate, Hunt > mail, rogue > leather

Thanks Chap.
I was just wondering if it's been further tested to see if we can still get access to some higher level items, or if that door has been closed further?
Sort of seems strange to allow access to some items and not others. Like your post I am interested in 20's (Vet account) as I do have some cool higher level stuff unlocked. I'm hoping the door is not completely closed :(

You still get more items than you would of atm. Ofc some tmogs options are lost for new players but who cares if you already got em.

On bigger note i wont be surprised if in upcoming years they merge some leveling zones and scale most to your level so we end up having everything up to level 60 as level 20s.

Rogue looks on paper great, as does Warrior. (Last I checked).

Can anyone confirm how they are in beta?

Most of the classes are broken now, on duels at least. But i think the PvP scenario inside a battleground may offer better quality, that's a thing we as a community need to work on, setting events and jumping into 2v2 arena or possibly 3v3 arena in PTR.

Most legit option for warriors is protection. It is kinda back to "shield slam for 800" days.
Rogues look strong sub is 3rd pick with assasination being second and outlaw just 2 shoting everything.

You can try it yourself now on ptr if you have account you ever paid for. all class changes and tmog is up there.

I'll do that later tonight.

Outlaw would be what I play, as my main for F2P has always been rogue. But I'm also using a warrior, and working on hunter and lock.

Im not worried with being OP, I just don't like not being viable even with me playing my best and having BiS. :p But who does?

Any news on how the new neck chant's are and do they scale down for lower levels? Would it be worth losing stats for some cool proc? Talking world PvP & dungeons / exploring, I know it won't work in instanced bg's / arena.

Any news on how the new neck chant's are and do they scale down for lower levels? Would it be worth losing stats for some cool proc? Talking world PvP & dungeons / exploring, I know it won't work in instanced bg's / arena.
Just a bump on this query. Also would like to ask if anyone on Beta has tested the new Engineering Items like http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=199014/gunpowder-charge or http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=199015/pump-action-bandage-gun? There seems to be a lot of new toys, including a repairing hammer and other stuff which doesn't appear to have a level requirement. I know it won't help F2P's but it is an option for Vet's with high level toons that can craft that stuff.

What about http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=198978/gunshoes?

Also, I'm just wondering but seems one of the mats to make some of this stuff is an ilvl 700 rifle with no lvl requirement? Can it be equipped by a low level hunter? http://legion.wowhead.com/item=136629/felgibber-shotgun&spec=253

Just wondering if anyone on Beta has some experience with these new items?

Users who are viewing this thread