EU+US Legion Beta Q&A

SPQR

Legend
Got in to beta. state your questions if u got any, will try answer ye.

what car do you drive?

What happens to the heirloom tab? Do we get upgrade level 3, and if so, are there any non-gold ways to buy the upgrade tokens? Or do we get auto upgraded to scale to level 110 if we're currently at level 2/2?

Also, any f2p world content getting level locked / removed that you know of? (Other than the obvious no honor points = no more honor point heirloom purchases)

(Do we get increased gold cap since the paid players are getting one too lmao)

Can 1h swords and maces be mogged into fist weapons?
And what happens to strength mail mogs when legion hits since quest strength mail get turned to plate ( except the mog cuz it's a green)

Gratz on picking up a Beta key. As soon as they allow lower level toons, I'd love to understand how enchants scale (do they still scale as currently is the case? I know they aren't useable in instanced PvP but still interested for dungeons and world PvP stuff).
Also interested to see how the new chants scale if at all on lower level toons. I thought there's some chants that summon certain NPCs or something like that. How cool would that be if it scales to lower levels. Probably some ilvl restriction I'm thinking but still interested to see if any of it can come down to the lower levels.

What happens to the heirloom tab? Do we get upgrade level 3, and if so, are there any non-gold ways to buy the upgrade tokens? Or do we get auto upgraded to scale to level 110 if we're currently at level 2/2?

Also, any f2p world content getting level locked / removed that you know of? (Other than the obvious no honor points = no more honor point heirloom purchases)

(Do we get increased gold cap since the paid players are getting one too lmao)

Base level is 60 when you first buy them and you can upgrade it to 90 with http://legion.wowhead.com/item=122338/ancient-heirloom-armor-casing (at darkmoon faire) and after with http://www.wowhead.com/item=122341/timeworn-heirloom-scabbard (for gold)

There are few ways they can handle new 100-110. adding new 3rd tocken, bumping base level or just making new 1 token that will upgrade base lvl straight to 110. dont think they will be adding it straight away, maybe in 7.1 or 7.2

the only other change i seen is heirloom text color. it is now blue + new loom polearm was added (only at ironforge for gold atm)

cant test low levels atm but would bet all the invasions will be fazed out to lvl 100 only.

there are no starter accounts on ptr or beta all accounts considered full so no restriction is in place.
no way i can test 10g limit there.

Can 1h swords and maces be mogged into fist weapons?
And what happens to strength mail mogs when legion hits since quest strength mail get turned to plate ( except the mog cuz it's a green)

cant tmog it. can only tmog axe sword mace between each other.

Not 100% got your "strength mail" question. as far as i know only selected items will be turned in to plate. all rest will stay same. no idea on what exact items will be changed thro.

I'd love to understand how enchants scale (do they still scale as currently is the case?

cant test it atm since cant copy characters but sure will try things out later on.

Will they be removing all gem slots in all gear? Or just for end game? Because 70s such as myself have to deal this this conundrum coming up

old dalaran has gear with only prismatic socket + meta socket. all gems may become same type by the looks of it.

Not 100% got your "strength mail" question. as far as i know only selected items will be turned in to plate. all rest will stay same. no idea on what exact items will be changed thro.
For example, I have savage trodders (which is turning to plate). However, it was mogged into raiders boots, which is very likely not becoming plate. So question is, what will happen to the mog?

cant test low levels atm but would bet all the invasions will be fazed out to lvl 100 only.
HIGHLY unlikely as ALL previous xpacs that did similar things were all Levels, why would they change that now.

For example, I have savage trodders (which is turning to plate). However, it was mogged into raiders boots, which is very likely not becoming plate. So question is, what will happen to the mog?

in order to know what would become of actual tmog, i would need to have it and be able to copy character. that is atm not possible.

I do not believe anything will happen to your tmog. however there been moments when belts and capes from dungen bag droped existing tmog with patch update.

HIGHLY unlikely as ALL previous xpacs that did similar things were all Levels, why would they change that now.
Well they they seems to use fazing alot so im not sure untill i can actually test it on low level. in any way even if it wont be fazedout, it would have to be neutral to low level players since otherwise it would be a mess. but who knows.

On the side note for those who are interested about endgame:

Did few bgs/arenas. Can not say i enjoyed it. due to new nameplates and completely meaningless damage numbers it all feels disconnected from gameplay. It is more of a:

A - oh i did 355 225 dmg
B - cool how much the other guy have left?
A - 1 142 553
B - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still alot of "lol one shot as tank/shaman" going on atm. dont know if they manage to fix it in 2 remaining month. probably will be like it always is and live version will be actual beta for first month.

as a mostly rogue player at endgame i found new outlaw spec ether too slow or too fast on moving speed, to the point where you actually lose control of your character because you don't know where the hell you are going ( due to this http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=197020/cut-to-the-chase ).

You don't have any shadowstep ect nor have you the option of opening chain because you only have 2 spell to choose from: Ambush and cheap shot and they can not be used together 95% of time.

To summon it up abit: as it is now - it does not make me want to keep on q bgs as rogue. Dont get same kick out of it as i did leveling from 90 to 100 via bgs in wod. sure one may say rogues are op there, but so are many other classes and that in itself brings the simple and yet complex game play i would like to see at endgame in legion.

---------

Done some short MM hunter testing and it did not prove to be any big fun experience. 80% of your time you ether cast arcane shot or standing & casting aim shot.

that's it.

all you spell and passives as mm hunter are fitting on 1.5 pages of spellbook. they changed a gun shot sound abit as it seems.

pros are probably that you still able to have pet if you choose so + http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=194595/lock-and-load and http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=198670/piercing-shot to earn you a title of : lol top kills on score board (if one in to such things ofc).

Will test some more in upcoming days probably. if you have anything else to ask - go ahead.

Well they they seems to use fazing alot so im not sure untill i can actually test it on low level. in any way even if it wont be fazedout, it would have to be neutral to low level players since otherwise it would be a mess. but who knows.
I'm guessing you didn't play WoW during the pre-WotLK Expansion Event. The entire point of the Event is to cause mass chaos. You had Level 1's running around "infecting" Level 70's and getting them killed, and vise-versa. It was one of the single coolest Expansion Events I've seen in any MMO thus far. I've seen the Alpha footage of parts of the Legion Event and it's looking like it'll be very similar, can't wait.

I'm guessing you didn't play WoW during the pre-WotLK Expansion Event. The entire point of the Event is to cause mass chaos. You had Level 1's running around "infecting" Level 70's and getting them killed, and vise-versa. It was one of the single coolest Expansion Events I've seen in any MMO thus far. I've seen the Alpha footage of parts of the Legion Event and it's looking like it'll be very similar, can't wait.

there are some invasion points that takes around 15-20% of the zone filled with legion nps, buildings and space ships flying above + a wod completion bar objective which is slowly filed by killing demons or bandaging the rams in dun mor ect.

in order to know what would become of actual tmog, i would need to have it and be able to copy character. that is atm not possible.

I do not believe anything will happen to your tmog. however there been moments when belts and capes from dungen bag droped existing tmog with patch update.

On the side note for those who are interested about endgame:

Did few bgs/arenas. Can not say i enjoyed it. due to new nameplates and completely meaningless damage numbers it all feels disconnected from gameplay. It is more of a:

A - oh i did 355 225 dmg
B - cool how much the other guy have left?
A - 1 142 553
B - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still alot of "lol one shot as tank/shaman" going on atm. dont know if they manage to fix it in 2 remaining month. probably will be like it always is and live version will be actual beta for first month.

as a mostly rogue player at endgame i found new outlaw spec ether too slow or too fast on moving speed, to the point where you actually lose control of your character because you don't know where the hell you are going ( due to this http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=197020/cut-to-the-chase ).

You don't have any shadowstep ect nor have you the option of opening chain because you only have 2 spell to choose from: Ambush and cheap shot and they can not be used together 95% of time.

To summon it up abit: as it is now - it does not make me want to keep on q bgs as rogue. Dont get same kick out of it as i did leveling from 90 to 100 via bgs in wod. sure one may say rogues are op there, but so are many other classes and that in itself brings the simple and yet complex game play i would like to see at endgame in legion.

---------

Done some short MM hunter testing and it did not prove to be any big fun experience. 80% of your time you ether cast arcane shot or standing & casting aim shot.

that's it.

all you spell and passives as mm hunter are fitting on 1.5 pages of spellbook. they changed a gun shot sound abit as it seems.

pros are probably that you still able to have pet if you choose so + http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=194595/lock-and-load and http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=198670/piercing-shot to earn you a title of : lol top kills on score board (if one in to such things ofc).

Will test some more in upcoming days probably. if you have anything else to ask - go ahead.
I just read your end game PvP notes and it's looking like there's not a lot to sub up again for. I used to thrive on end game PvP, bg's and arena but WoD just made it feel so bleh....... there was no incentive to play bg's and queues also died out becuase of Garrisons and no motivation.
I have a bad feeling Legion end game PvP may be similar.
Seems I will stick to 20's for the start of Legion. Maybe just sub up for a month to replenish my bags and stuff.

Ok, one other thing I want checked but not sure if you can do it is are Vet professions fixed? Like has that dumb bug thingy of not letting you craft over about 60 or 75 been fixed? Probably can't test it in Beta I'm guessing but that's something I'd like to check out.

Ok, one other thing I want checked but not sure if you can do it is are Vet professions fixed? Like has that dumb bug thingy of not letting you craft over about 60 or 75 been fixed? Probably can't test it in Beta I'm guessing but that's something I'd like to check out.
There are no account limitations on testing servers so things like gold restrictions or mail restrictions ect can not be tested there just have to wait for live version. I do not believe what you describe is a bug and more of a intentional thing.
Droping professions back to 100 is a bug however but i cant test it.

As for pvp topic, i can record gameplay of few bgs if that something you would like to see.
overall it is not what i personally wish to see in endgame for new rogue spec.
if a wanted to play a class with 4 keys i'd log in to my 20s.

will test out other 2 specs + feral duid in pvp later on.

new loom polearm was added (only at ironforge for gold atm)

Does that (or any other heirloom) go to ilvl 110? If we can find one that does, WoWhead may have datamined the ilvls for each level, and that will tell us the new template ilvl standard for the 90-99 bracket.

Is there any way to tell what the level requirements are for professions? We've had debate going back and forth about profession levels changing in Legion, but no proof one way or the other yet. I fear we won't know until lower level characters are allowed in beta.

Does that (or any other heirloom) go to ilvl 110? If we can find one that does, WoWhead may have datamined the ilvls for each level, and that will tell us the new template ilvl standard for the 90-99 bracket.

Is there any way to tell what the level requirements are for professions? We've had debate going back and forth about profession levels changing in Legion, but no proof one way or the other yet. I fear we won't know until lower level characters are allowed in beta.

The only option of getting heirlooms is by buying them. all new looms starts at level 60 and have 2 tokens to upgrade them atm. cap is at 100. here is new look of spear. atm i can not upgrade spear by using tokens due to bug ( maybe it does not considered as weapon ) so not able to show stats scale on lvl 90 and lvl 100 version.

bfkGph3.png

As for professions i cant say. i need access to level 1 character. don't think the change it from what it is now, lvl 5. ( assuming i got your question right )

can NE rogues shadowstrike from shadowmeld?

You can use cheap shop directly from shadowmeld without pressing stealth, however you can not do same with shadowstrike.
I guess it is a bug with cheap shot atm because i dont believe you should be able to do that.

shadowmeld still dropping your combat in pvp and you are able to enter stealth right after it to use stealth requirement ability.

so basically, yes.

------------

Edit

Have tested 2 other rogue specs. Both are good however subtlety stands out more due having less energy droughts. if you planing on leveling a rogue, sub is the way to go.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread