If you are still playing ... share your experience or thoughts with the 10-25 DF Prepatch...

came here looking for a comment like this. Seeing these changes but bracket is dead = look again at this forum maybe in a while

best advice for F2P, dedicated 20 vet is to farm the gear now, nobody knows what will happen in the future.

I missed the month or so of legion prepatch and the corresponding warforged fel gear. Won’t make that mistake again.

push through. I’m sure pvp will return to 20s

best advice for F2P, dedicated 20 vet is to farm the gear now, nobody knows what will happen in the future.

I missed the month or so of legion prepatch and the corresponding warforged fel gear. Won’t make that mistake again.

push through. I’m sure pvp will return to 20s
tempting but i'm not so sure. That bracket change was pretty deliberate on their end. Might give it a look but eh

This aint the first time it's happened, tho....
I don't know when something similar would have happened. I twinked in Cata, BFA, and shadowlands. When did this happen before? Was it exactly the same change?

Also, what exactly am i farming from prepatch?

Last edited:
When did this happen before? Was it exactly the same change?

A while ago, someone else might remember better exactly when. I just recall congratulating 29 on getting to play their toons again. Dont knwo how long it lasted, I usually only play in the winter (sometimes xpacs too) so I missed a lot of stuff.

Idea is that since ilvl of our items is going up in the expansion, enchants with ilvl requirement 50 or below wont be able to be applied anymore... also, WoD dungeons are now upgrading epic and/or socket and/or tertiary stat. Not sure if all 3 can happen at our levels tho.... definitely 2 of 3. AND epic items are much higher ilvl that rare again on the beta.

SO.... the thinkning is that these newly available epics can be enchanted now to be grandfathered after the patch.

Whenever the gear patch is, be it phase 2 or launch. Everything on the beta is wonky tho, so it's not 100% clear.... but it's been released that ilvl will be adjusted up for our levels so it could all be accurate and grandfathered.

A while ago, someone else might remember better exactly when. I just recall congratulating 29 on getting to play their toons again. Dont knwo how long it lasted, I usually only play in the winter (sometimes xpacs too) so I missed a lot of stuff.

Idea is that since ilvl of our items is going up in the expansion, enchants with ilvl requirement 50 or below wont be able to be applied anymore... also, WoD dungeons are now upgrading epic and/or socket and/or tertiary stat. Not sure if all 3 can happen at our levels tho.... definitely 2 of 3. AND epic items are much higher ilvl that rare again on the beta.

SO.... the thinkning is that these newly available epics can be enchanted now to be grandfathered after the patch.

Whenever the gear patch is, be it phase 2 or launch. Everything on the beta is wonky tho, so it's not 100% clear.... but it's been released that ilvl will be adjusted up for our levels so it could all be accurate and grandfathered.

Ok

Am i just going WOD dungeons for this? I saw something else about halls of valor being mythic 1 but not sure how i would access that

Halls and those others mentioned are dropping socket upgrades due to a bug when they made them mythic, you dont run them in mythic. As far as I know, those do not upgrade to epic..... yet. WoD is the only one that upgrades epic.

On the beta, i was getting socket and tertiary upgrades from TBC dungeons.... but that has not happened on live.

SO right now, WoD is the place to get epic/tert/socket upgrades. If you're 25-29 you can run 4 of the WotLK that drop epic loot but those wont upgrade. On the beta that WotLK loot has been changed to blue in the adventure journal but is still epic if you copy over with it. Like i said..... not sure wtf is going on, just trying to do what we can.

edit- ALSO... its dungeon epics that scale highest. Not quest rewards, not world drops... dungeons drops. Makes no sense so hopefully it's just typical broken blizz shit an all epic, green and rare ilvl will be the same.

Last edited:
29 priest is hella fun right now. hybrid spriest/heals

Leveled a 27 spriest today and it's powerful and fun. But...it feels like a job being top 3 damage and heals. So much more fun being a hunter, mage or warrior than pumping out damage and also healing everyone. It's pretty bad when I'm thinking of carrying mana potions on a shadow priest. :PepeHands:

I don't know when something similar would have happened. I twinked in Cata, BFA, and shadowlands. When did this happen before? Was it exactly the same change?

druids once did not have moonkin at 19, 20, 29 it once required lvl-40, believe it was in cata it was lowered to 10? was weird on the end of BFA it was taken away. even players who were 40 lost it in the squish

since you started and played when you say thru now you missed the brackets being split to xp off and xp on in wotlk. you should remember brackets being split to 20-24 and 25-29 (second part died in the split), then the return to 20-29 many years later. in legion (you missed?) xp off/on re-merged due to PVP templating. in BFA after that system was dropped the BGs were still merged with twinks/levelers, all brackets had pops, with BGs being like they were in Van wow, tbc and first part of wotlk. ironicly twinks used alt main players to complain on wow forums about this and brackets were made xp off/on again and blizz left Vet20s and F2P20s being put in xp on BGs. all twink x9 brackets died. it was a Vet20 that started the complaints, which i got to type chat with in a BG. he basically said he did not want to face 29s. i told him you killed alot of twinking brackets...he did not care. i would not doubt if 29s did the same in reverse complaining about SL Vet20s and F2P20s in the xp on brackets using alt players on wow forums. i find it hard to believe that blizzard on their own miraculously decided to put Vet20s and F2P20s into 20-29 xp off

Halls and those others mentioned are dropping socket upgrades due to a bug when they made them mythic, you dont run them in mythic. As far as I know, those do not upgrade to epic..... yet. WoD is the only one that upgrades epic.

On the beta, i was getting socket and tertiary upgrades from TBC dungeons.... but that has not happened on live.

SO right now, WoD is the place to get epic/tert/socket upgrades. If you're 25-29 you can run 4 of the WotLK that drop epic loot but those wont upgrade. On the beta that WotLK loot has been changed to blue in the adventure journal but is still epic if you copy over with it. Like i said..... not sure wtf is going on, just trying to do what we can.

edit- ALSO... its dungeon epics that scale highest. Not quest rewards, not world drops... dungeons drops. Makes no sense so hopefully it's just typical broken blizz shit an all epic, green and rare ilvl will be the same.
Ok thanks. Just want to ask since you said its just dungeon drops. Any idea if the stuff from WOD bosses that world drop stuff like brambleking/bal'ras composite bow can upgrade to warforge/socket/qualify as epic? Or is just solely epics from dungeons?

I just killed one of the mobs and it dropped me an epic. I'm guessing this has been tried and they didn't scale up to the dungeons then?

Last edited:
World epics scale lower. I think like ilvl 82 at level 29 or i can verify later if you need.... my epic elekk trinket pales next to the one from iron docks. The mastery one... hell, even the versatility one.

World epics scale lower. I think like ilvl 82 at level 29 or i can verify later if you need.... my epic elekk trinket pales next to the one from iron docks. The mastery one... hell, even the versatility one.

These are ones you currently have right? Have you tried finding a new one and see if there is a difference? from lets say one of the world bosses that drop stuff like bal'ras bow or blammers blammer or whatever?

Not sure if all 3 can happen at our levels tho.... definitely 2 of 3.
They can.
unknown.png

Nice!! I was speculating it could happen but this is the first confirmation I've seen. Is this an item your class can use?
Yep, my main is a druid. Obv I would prefer speed over adaptability, but I guess I can't complain. I do have ~300 runs in in the last days, documenting every upgrade, will post data later this week, but long story short:

Each of the 4 dungeons has unique weapon drops, everything else is part of the same loot table.
Each of the 4 dungeons has 2 item slots missing from its loot table. Make sure not to farm boots in a dungeon without boots drop.
~19-22 % to have one of the 3 possible upgrades. WF is the most common one, Socket is the least common one.
5:15 to 6:10 for a casual speed run with a 50, depending on the class and the WOD dung.
You get loot from every boss, fastest option is to just loot with both instead of logging out.

Off topic - but if you have minor speed to boots how much +speed can you stack before cap?

Users who are viewing this thread