If you are still playing ... share your experience or thoughts with the 10-25 DF Prepatch...

sector3600

Veteran
Warrior (F2P LVL 20) - I love the return of Heroic Throw and the default starter Fury build is not too bad, I feel like a Warrior again - Battle Shout, Heroic Throw, Berserker Stance and more accessible < 20.

Beast Mastery Hunter (F2P LVL 20) - Two words - Exotic Beast. I never liked the level 39 change to taming EBs. Granted many of the Spirit Beasts are harder to capture being in level 30+ areas but getting for example Glint (Shale Spider in Arathi Highlands) or the other Exotic oddities is fun.

Warlock (F2P LVL 20) - Affliction is very strong maybe too strong at 20 (but I liked it over the Destruction so far and I haven't tested Demonology). But having Soul Stone (Warlock resurrection) and Soul Leech accessible < 20 is nice.

Death Knight (F2P LVL 20) - Unholy is a little off but having the Raise Ally accessible to the class < 20 is nice. I haven't a chance to test it but reading it that it may now be usable in combat?

All the talent trees look fantastic. I struggle to find one for any class that doesnt force you to make interesting choices or at least force you to think through various builds for various experiences. This is a good thing.

I'm a little torn on the UI. On the one hand, I enjoy how much I can do without having to load heavy add-ons. But also frustrated with some key features they left out or dont let you modify. The minimap is just too fucking big, for instance and nameplates woefully one-note. Its also laid out and looks like a mobile game. I fear retail is an expansion or two away from little fucking glowing green arrows on the ground pointing you towards the next quest objective.

I havent done much gameplay but I did spend a couple minutes just heroic leaping around Darnasus. Gotta say, that skill still feels great and its fun to have at level 20.

Oh man I hate the new UI. Why are the bags circles? Why are the menu icons so small? Why are they all gray? Why can't I move them? Why does the little Zzz need to constantly float off my nameplate? Why is your target's level displayed before their name? Why can't I move my XP bar? Maybe I'm an idiot but I can't figure out how to resize my chat box either. For the first time in 15 years I'm going to have to use a UI addon.

As far as classes go, I've only really played my shaman so far but it feels great. Resto gets (relatively) crazy burst with Stormkeeper, we finally get Chain Lightning, more healing spells, Purge, and finally a defensive in Astral Shift. Enh gets a little more mobility with Feral Lunge, and Ele gets some flavor with Fire/Storm Elemental.

Monk is fucking great, not only I have almost 1,5x the damage compared to before pre-patch, it also comes with touch of karma, better energy regen (meaning more heals), more mobility, slow and paralysis. If only 20s had own bg bracket monks would be survival hunters of this xpac

• I love the new professions item icon(s)
  • The Alabaster Gryphons
  • The bottom right icon layout and appearance
  • The option to switch to Classic interface setup
  • The ability to paste another user's interface setup
  • The freedom to drag ALMOST everything around to where I want
  • The ability to make all my bags one big one!

Oh, the UI is a pain when it goes astray, it takes time to setup for each situation. Also, Group Finder status is harder to find, floating eyeball that looks like one of the "eye" battle pets.

I still have to play around with a Rogue or a Survival Hunter - I did look at the starter build tree of the survival hunter seemed off because Kill Shot doesn't seem to need a ranged weapon as well as Harpoon resetting is a high tree level to have to divert points toward.

I like that almost all classes get a meaningfull way to do AoE damage some specs can even have full on dedicated aoe builds, also you can do very niche type of builds (ranged prot warr).
Priest seems like an absolute beast in pve and holy is nr. 1 aoe build for me now :))

Edit: now that we have dominate mind, is there any worthwhile humanoid that can cast some spells or OP buffs?

Last edited:
Dude Monk talent tree freaking awesome
Paladin too
I love those trees, cuz most of them give wonderful mobility to classes.

Stun, Speed, heals, whatever your weakness is, most classes can compensate them now

Last edited:
Alchemist's Flask seems to have changed with 10-25 patch ~ duration on lvl 20 is 2 hours (was 4 hours), but the bluff in PvE is +9 primary stat. I have not had a chance to test in in PvP.

The talent trees are awesome. I played around with every class's talents.

Playtesting each class with just the i28 greens from the panda vendor, I've learned that the class I originally chose to start over with in DF is not as fun as I hoped (I actually hate it) and the class I would've chosen LAST of all classes is the most fun of them all!

I'll finally make the character today and enjoy the F2P lifestyle on a fresh new account as the class I NEVER expected to play. Can't wait!

As a ret pally I now have more spells and 2 charges on crusader strike + faster holy power generation.
It actually feels like a spec now and I don't have to wait like 6 seconds doing nothing but autoattacking anymore.

The talent trees are awesome. I played around with every class's talents.

Playtesting each class with just the i28 greens from the panda vendor, I've learned that the class I originally chose to start over with in DF is not as fun as I hoped (I actually hate it) and the class I would've chosen LAST of all classes is the most fun of them all!

I'll finally make the character today and enjoy the F2P lifestyle on a fresh new account as the class I NEVER expected to play. Can't wait!
When is the unveiling……
The suspense is too much for me….:FeelsLagMan:;)

The talent tree for my Boomy is insane, Get access to moonkin from a early level... Amazing. Also gaining access to heals such as swiftmend, and even barkskin is really cool additions for my 20. Lastly also the 3% Vers 2hr buff which helps aswell.

Not even stopping there, Feral has some real potential at a 20 having many stuns available for those who are willing to experiment :).

Overall happy with most the talents, obviously would probably still get stomped by a 29, but thats not the point. Seeing my char get stronger is still really what its about at the end of the day even if you can't pvp like you use to be able to do.

(New UI is trash lol)

For the most part, i like the class changes at 20.
They smoothed out resource generation for alot of classes.
Arms: this is my main since forever, im so-so on this, we got alot of mobility options now+ die by the sword to counter melees and the ability to gain a bit more rage with frothing berserker and war machine, but our burst has been gimped with the loss of colossus smash. You can go more offense focused with overpower upgrade/FoB and trade Die by the sword.

Fury: this bad. Where's my damn rage spender? It's Whirlwind???

Prot: this is S tier. The ability to reset SS with multiple abilities makes this feel complete as a class. And you still keep your defensives.

Shaman: overall i like the changes. Didnt play resto, but ele has access to spirit walker and 250% crit damage, so it SOMEWHAT resembles its strongest iteration in MoP. Enh is busted beyond imagining. So much damage. Stormstrike resets. Feels like a complete class.

Ret Paladin: yup. 2 crusader strikes, BoJ resets, 2 holy power from BoJ and HoJ cd reduction.

Monk: WW has ALOT of resource generation now, you can pick the energy regen and the power strikes talent, and just press consecutive blackout kicks when everything is on cd.

Bm is pretty much the same, more access to self heal, but feels... Squishier?
Mw: life cocoon life cocoon

Fire mage: Has good single target builds to gain more crit but you sacrifice flamestrike.

Arcane mage: You ever played Blackmage in ffxiv and casted Despair? Arcane surge feels like this.

Frost: frost orb yay

Last edited:
IMG_20221027_202625_748.jpg

whats wrong with the new ui?

Users who are viewing this thread