How to one-shot boses (Vanilla up to WoD)

So uh... Potion Bombs for 20s with access to AH. 69(nice)k damage per bomb and can crit. I wanna say subject to change and Snowflake will put a level requirement on all those consumables, but... maybe not.

Is Shadowgrasp Totem still working? I'm in the current timeline with the ooze working perfectly fine but totem does basically nothing.

Or do I need BfA timeline?

Last edited:
Is Shadowgrasp Totem still working? I'm in the current timeline with the ooze working perfectly fine but totem does basically nothing.

Or do I need BfA timeline?
are you lvl 20? if i remember well, totem did not work under lvl 20

As a lvl 20 VET Warrior, is the only way to get the ooze to run the dungeon SOLO (with Legacy Loot rule)? I just got it yesterday on my Druid and having way too much fun with it :)

As a lvl 20 VET Warrior, is the only way to get the ooze to run the dungeon SOLO (with Legacy Loot rule)? I just got it yesterday on my Druid and having way too much fun with it :)
You must be grouped with someone 10+ (or 11?) levels higher than you to enable legacy loot rules.

The other way is to be grouped with a someone who can trade it with you. (Int or Agi DPS class). Both of you need game time to trade, and it must not be an "upgrade" for the other character, or they can't trade it.

Just want to check on this: the Totem DOES NOT work any more, but the OOZE still does?
Additionally, I can farm the ooze on say, a DH or a Druid & Warband-bank the item to one of my Plateys?

Is this correct?

So.... Took my lv 20 Remix mage to try soloing Plaguefall for an Ooze trinket. After 2 brutal runs, I got it.
Went to Hellfire Ramparts to try it out. Hits for 16 dmg. The mage was in Dragonflight timeline. Tried Shadowlands and BFA timelines. Same result.. 16 dmg

Next I logged an OG lv 11 resto shaman with the trinket. Since I was already near Shadowmoon Burial grounds, I tried the trinket there and it still worked (1k-2k dmg).
Wanted to go to a TBC dungeon but had to change timeline to DF for the SW portals to work. In Hellfire Ramparts, Ooze trinket doing 3 dmg.. OUCH
Went back to Draenor, same thing... 3 dmg
Tried SL and BFA timelines also. Same result 3 dmg from the trinket.
Tried relogging, no change. Seems my trinket is now permanently "fixed" to do crappy dmg like all the other trinkets.

So, it appears if your Ooze trinket is still "working", do not change timelines.
More testing and input welcomed.

I JUST used it. It works. Switch to current timeline.
The ambiguity comes from DF being the "current timeline" for F2P.
"present timeline" is the correct term. Yes, having Chromie return me to present timeline does make the trinket work again.

On my acct, the SW portals do not work when in present timeline (no Exodar, Shattrath, Caverns of Time, Darnassus, etc.)
To get to Outlands, would have to choose DF timeline to enable portals, portal to Shattrath and set hearthstone in Outlands, then go back to Chromie and set back to present timeline to use trinket in TBC dungeons.

The ambiguity comes from DF being the "current timeline" for F2P.
"present timeline" is the correct term. Yes, having Chromie return me to present timeline does make the trinket work again.

On my acct, the SW portals do not work when in present timeline (no Exodar, Shattrath, Caverns of Time, Darnassus, etc.)
To get to Outlands, would have to choose DF timeline to enable portals, portal to Shattrath and set hearthstone in Outlands, then go back to Chromie and set back to present timeline to use trinket in TBC dungeons.
Yeah portals are rooted at the moment…..

I’m trying to work out if it was intended or not by Blizz. :FrogeTorch:

a. Talk to npc. fly where ever.
b. Use engineering teleport to outland because why would anyone not use engineering.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 68
does the viscera of coalesced hatred trinket off gorechop do anything like ooze? nope current timeline hits for 28 heals for 24 useless

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread