How to one-shot boses (Vanilla up to WoD)

Shadowgrasp and Ooze are pure death... I never felt like I was cheating until I got those drops. Rogues can solo. Setup rupture and poisons and kite and everything dies. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Yea it makes the game feel like fiablo 3 where it dosent matter the char, but thr items you have.

Hi Guys, I really appreciate the info here. I'm working on my first twink (lvl 11 druid) and have obtained both of these trinkets. The ooze trinket saves me 2+ minutes per run but the totem trinket doesn't seem to be working.

I obtained both of these trinkets while in SL Chromie time and when using them I am just running into Bloodmaul Slag Mines with present time selected.

Here's an excerpt from my combat log where you can see the ooze is putting in work but the totem is sleeping. Any ideas why one is working and not the other?

Code:
Frothing Pustule began to cast Noxious Bolt. 
Shadowgrasp Totem Shadowgrasp Totem hit Gug'rokk 10 Shadow. 
Frothing Pustule cast Noxious Bolt Gug'rokk. 
Frothing Pustule Noxious Bolt hit Gug'rokk 654 Nature. (1,354 Overkill) (Critical)

Just a note: Right-click the combat log, go to settings and add a new filter only checking "pets" under "damage done" to see the trinket damage.

Hi Guys, I really appreciate the info here. I'm working on my first twink (lvl 11 druid) and have obtained both of these trinkets. The ooze trinket saves me 2+ minutes per run but the totem trinket doesn't seem to be working.

I obtained both of these trinkets while in SL Chromie time and when using them I am just running into Bloodmaul Slag Mines with present time selected.

Here's an excerpt from my combat log where you can see the ooze is putting in work but the totem is sleeping. Any ideas why one is working and not the other?

Code:
Frothing Pustule Noxious Bolt hit Gug'rokk 654 Nature. (1,354 Overkill) (Critical)

Just a note: Right-click the combat log, go to settings and add a new filter only checking "pets" under "damage done" to see the trinket damage.
You have to be current timeline to use.
[doublepost=1678020025,1678019861][/doublepost]really these trinks work outside of parameters but for best mileage use BFA as your timeline. then go havoc shit. it is hilarious.

I might be doing something wrong here, but not sure what.

I logged my 20s hunter to farm Plaguefall for the Ooze trinket.

My hunt is it at WoD Chromie time.

I have killed every boss in Plaguefall as a solo and 0 items have dropped.

What am I doing wrong please? :NotLikeThis:

Code:

When you click the totem trinket, you have to TARGET the mob you want it to nuke... It does not auto target, like the ooze.

First, go Shadowlamd timeline. Second, keep running the dungeon, sometimes you get unlucky, but it drops eventually. Some ppl even try to farm it with speed proc (yes it cannproc tertiary) and they do around hundred of runs, but just for the normal version you could have it in between 3 to 40 Plaguefall runs.

Just takes forever and ever and eeeeever. I had the luck of bumping into a level 10 twink guardian druid that would speed run it with me and it still took us like 25 runs to get it.

nothing
i got it first run with my hunter
and then 20-30 runs with my demon hunter

I've had characters get it on the first attempt. I've also had characters take many, many runs, with other players hanging back and then bringing up trash from the rear 9 out of 10 times. Argh!

on my 10 the SL dungeons show 10-60, but PF is not on the list. have not checked with 20

Hey,
I finally dropped my Shadowgrasp totem (hunter, 20lvl). I do not have ooze one yet. I have Chrome timeline set for WoD. On dunegon I target WoD boss, hit the trink and it is hitting 45 dmg max per hit. Total dmg around 900. I do more with Aimed Shot...
I noticed one monk yesterday who oneshoted bosses with that totem. What am I doing wrong?

Hey,
I finally dropped my Shadowgrasp totem (hunter, 20lvl). I do not have ooze one yet. I have Chrome timeline set for WoD. On dunegon I target WoD boss, hit the trink and it is hitting 45 dmg max per hit. Total dmg around 900. I do more with Aimed Shot...
I noticed one monk yesterday who oneshoted bosses with that totem. What am I doing wrong?
Go back to normal/bfa timeline and then do WoD dungeons by running to the instance entrance.

how do you guys get the trinkets? I find with level 20 the plaguefall not showing in dungeon finder, and De shows but never pops...
are these 2 dungeons accessible without flying? thinking of soloing, thanks

Last edited:
how do you guys get the trinkets? I find with level 20 the plaguefall not showing in dungeon finder, and De shows but never pops...
The Ooze doesn’t drop for all classes. Also, may take several runs to get it. Took me about 25 solo runs to get the Ooze. It’s annoying how so many good items are on the last boss o_O

are these 2 dungeons accessible without flying? thinking of soloing, thanks
Plaguefall since 10.0.7 is bugged and dosent show in RDF, you have to enter manually in SL timeline. Yes, you can get to them without flying, may die onnthe road to them, but you can go to them.
Also, check dungeon journal for the bosses to see if your class can drop them. Only warr dk and paladins cannot get the trinkets (yes both of them) naturally, they can get them via trading with another char.

The Ooze doesn’t drop for all classes. Also, may take several runs to get it. Took me about 25 solo runs to get the Ooze. It’s annoying how so many good items are on the last boss o_O
I have no chromie selected and am getting boosted in plage for the ooze trinket in in WW spec monk and have done 30 runs and hasnt dropped is there something else i need to do . do i have to have a chromie seleced or have i just got bad bad rng im on a level 20 f2p

Users who are viewing this thread