Guild Wars 2

As far as Guild Wars being a "WoW killer", one does not simply kill WoW, but serious PvPers might migrate.

i heard that mop is the best expansion for pvp so far because they are balancing endgame pvp dunno if its true but i heard this

on topic : i just might try guild wars 2 is there a f2p version of it so that i dont have to buy the full game to test it out ?

You know you need windows software. I would suggest purchasing the student upgrade for only 60 dollars (vs the normal 300). You can not authenticate it right after you instal since it is technically an upgrade not a clean install, but I can help you hack it. Its really quit simple - changing a 1 into a 0 in the registry and 2 prompt commands.

I have a full windows 7 ultimate on .iso thanks to our good friend golden :) . Hopefully it works without any trouble.

Never got around to installing it but I think this warrants its use. I'm most upset about having to redownload GW2!

I played it using wineskin. I hate to say it, it was completely unplayable because my FPS would stay at around 2-5 and peak at 10. Currently installing boot camp and going to go from there :(
that sucks, i'll wait till I get back from ma holiday and see if there have been any fixes, but otherwise i guess i'll have to cough up some money for windows :'(

My home realm is Fort Aspenwood, I'm currently playing early access, hope some of you will join me. Names Bawlollin.

*Having serious thoughts about maxing out a credit card to buy a new computer I cannot afford so I can play the successor to one of my favorite games*

Why isn't this in a different section? We get it, "WAHHHH F2P'S HARD." but this is the WoW F2P 20 section. This guild wars crap doesn't belong here. Put it in a different area of the forums or start your own forums and invite your friends from twink info.

Why isn't this in a different section? We get it, "WAHHHH F2P'S HARD." but this is the WoW F2P 20 section. This guild wars crap doesn't belong here. Put it in a different area of the forums or start your own forums and invite your friends from twink info.

I don't think you do get it. It's not here because "WAHHHH F2P'S HARD." but because "Gee, F2P is getting less fascinating and more easy and thus boring. But a lot of the people that have met each other in this bracket are friends, so they'd like to keep in touch in GW2."

People don't want to keep in touch with other forum sections, but with the people in this one. If the thread topic doesn't interest you, it's fine not to read it. :)

I do not believe those skills are usable in any PvP encounter to keep balancing issues on the down low.

They're usable in WvW. But those fights are determined by who has the greater numbers, anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

@Mia - I'm really not sure why you're so hesitant lol. It's a great game, your friends have been telling you so, and we miss playing with you! Come and join us already!

@Mia - I'm really not sure why you're so hesitant lol. It's a great game, your friends have been telling you so, and we miss playing with you! Come and join us already!
I spoke with an old WoW and school buddy of mine. We'll be hitting GWII together. Will take some time tho. Probably starting on Monday. Still need a way to get Windows on my PC since I don't have any recent versions.

I spoke with an old WoW and school buddy of mine. We'll be hitting GWII together. Will take some time tho. Probably starting on Monday. Still need a way to get Windows on my PC since I don't have any recent versions.

HEHEHE i can't wait to camp yo............ i mean play with you :D

Does one race have benefit over another ? Or is it just cosmetic and RP ?

Races have their own racial skills (like in WoW) but i made my toon based on looks.

See the list of racial skills here: Racial skill - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

They aren't usable within "battlegrounds" / "arena" of GW2 equivalent - so in PVP race is purely cosmetic.

Since MoP has pretty much nuked DoT as a play style at 20-24 level (even if balance is restored in future patches) I am really curious about GW2.

1. Is Necromancer the profession for DoT play-style?
2. Is there a favorite bracket for PvP?
3. How long does it take to level to the answer of 2)?
4. Is Necromancer viable as a PvP profession?

Thank you!

Since MoP has pretty much nuked DoT as a play style at 20-24 level (even if balance is restored in future patches) I am really curious about GW2.

1. Is Necromancer the profession for DoT play-style?
2. Is there a favorite bracket for PvP?
3. How long does it take to level to the answer of 2)?
4. Is Necromancer viable as a PvP profession?

Thank you!

1. Yes.
2. Yes, 80.
3. 5-10 minutes
4. All professions are viable in PvP. In gw2 skill matters.

Salokin 1: Guild Wars 2 Necromancer PvP - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread