First BiS hpall RATE

Yes, effects haste instant cast spells. Including holy shock and dispel.
How does it effect them you ask... It effects them indirectly by lowering the global cooldown and by allowing you to use that next non-instant ability with less down time. In effect, you can get three heals in 2 seconds as opposed to three heals in three seconds. As we all know, BGs are all about burst. And seconds do matter.
Have a great evening.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

Yes, effects haste instant cast spells. Including holy shock and dispel.
How does it effect them you ask... It effects them indirectly by lowering the global cooldown and by allowing you to use that next non-instant ability with less down time. In effect, you can get three heals in 2 seconds as opposed to three heals in three seconds. As we all know, BGs are all about burst. And seconds do matter.
Have a great evening.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

Was this a reply to something or?

In effect, you can get three heals in 2 seconds as opposed to three heals in three seconds.
Was this an example or are you basing this on actual calculations?

But you have to cast holy shock every 6 seconds or you're silly. There's no BiS anymore. Everyone gears how they want and according to their playstyle. Cookiecutter gearsets are stupid. I stack stamina and play resto shaman and like to get into peoples faces and have them attack me while I heal. SP doesn't affect dispel.
Have an amazing evening
/cheers
sweetcutiemesicat
lmfao

I always gear according to what math tells me, and this is what I found

denounce does 431 damage with my 261 SP in BG. 1 SP adds 1.652 damage to my denounce or 0.383% damage increase 1 crit is 0.178% or 0.089% damage increase and 1 haste is 0.22% speed or 0.22% damage increase

flash of light heals for 980 with my 261 SP in BG. 1 SP adds 3.75 extra heal or 0.382% healing increase. 1 crit is 0.178% or 0.089% healing increase. 1 haste is 0.22% speed or 0.22% healing increase.

Holy Shock (damage) does 452 damage with my 261 SP in BG. 1 SP adds 1.632 extra damage or 0.361% extra damage. 1 crit is doubled so 0.356% crit or 0.178% damage increase. 1 haste is 0.22% speed or 0% increase since holy shock is not effected by haste.

Holy Shock (heal) does 377 heal with my 261 SP in BG. 1 SP adds 1.363 extra heal or 0.362% extra healing. 1 crit is doubled so 0.356% crit or 0.178% healing increase. 1 haste is 0.22% speed or 0% increase since holy shock is not effected by haste.

So SP is way better than crit or haste even when you consider the fact that crit is doubled for holy shock.

According to these numbers:
Denounce 1 SP = 1.74 haste = 4.30 crit
Flash of Light 1 SP = 1.736 haste = 4.29 crit
Holy Shock (damage) 1 SP = 2.03 crit
Holy Shock (heal) 1 SP = 2.03 crit

I took the setup I have in my sig on my vet paladian. With even lower SP like 200 SP, spell power would be even better.

P.S. If anyone is wondering how I calculated the numbers, I can explain in more detail

Mmmm idk... How are you calculating healing increase?

Last time I looked at Flash Heal for Priest haste was BiS, and that was before Borrowed Time.
Even with shatters on Mage haste is still better than crit. Don't make me break out mai maths.

Mmmm idk... How are you calculating healing increase?

Last time I looked at Flash Heal for Priest haste was BiS, and that was before Borrowed Time.
Even with shatters on Mage haste is still better than crit. Don't make me break out mai maths.

Okay so I will give the example of flash of light, I heal 980 normally
1 SP adds 3.75 extra heal (I calculate this by taking off all gear and checking SP)
983.75 / 980 will give you the increase in healing 1 SP gives
it comes out to 0.382653% but I just round it to 0.38%
1 haste is 0.22% at 29
1 crit is 0.178% at 29 so its 0.089% healing increase
From this you can clearly see that SP is the best out of the 3

I can't say anything about priest since I dont know how SP scales, you have to manually check that
Also as a priest, you already should have 1.3k-1.4k heals, so there is such a thing as overheal which would be wasted heal so haste may be better in that perspective
As a holy paladin your heals are low so I dont think overheal is a problem in that case

If you see anything flawed with the way I calculate, please let me know

Okay so I will give the example of flash of light, I heal 980 normally
1 SP adds 3.75 extra heal (I calculate this by taking off all gear and checking SP)
983.75 / 980 will give you the increase in healing 1 SP gives
it comes out to 0.382653% but I just round it to 0.38%
1 haste is 0.22% at 29
1 crit is 0.178% at 29 so its 0.089% healing increase
From this you can clearly see that SP is the best out of the 3

I can't say anything about priest since I dont know how SP scales, you have to manually check that
Also as a priest, you already should have 1.3k-1.4k heals, so there is such a thing as overheal which would be wasted heal so haste may be better in that perspective
As a holy paladin your heals are low so I dont think overheal is a problem in that case

If you see anything flawed with the way I calculate, please let me know

So just super quick math yields:

At cast 229 with 0.22% haste you would have saved enough time to get an extra cast.

Spell Power: 229*3.75 = 858.75 extra healing (for all those casts)
Haste: 980 extra healing (the extra cast)

I think the haste thing is confusing; just because 1 haste gives 0.22% haste doesn't mean it increases your healing by that amount.
If you want to give me stats for a crit set, a sp set, a haste set, and maybe a mixed set I can do official simulated numbers; my hpally is horribly geared.

So just super quick math yields:

At cast 229 with 0.22% haste you would have saved enough time to get an extra cast.

Spell Power: 229*3.75 = 858.75 extra healing (for all those casts)
Haste: 980 extra healing (the extra cast)

I think the haste thing is confusing; just because 1 haste gives 0.22% haste doesn't mean it increases your healing by that amount.
If you want to give me stats for a crit set, a sp set, a haste set, and maybe a mixed set I can do official simulated numbers; my hpally is horribly geared.

Yes, you are acually correct about 1 haste not equal to 0.22% increased healing, the more haste you have the worse it is. You assumed that you have 0 haste which is why you got 229 extra heals.

Also how exactly did you get 229 extra heals? 0.22% haste saves about 0.0033 seconds from flash heal which would be 455 heals before you save enough time for 1 extra heal.

Spell Power: 445 x 3.75 = 1706
Haste: 980

1706/980 = 1.74
This is consistent with my math which said that 1 SP = 1.74 haste

This is considering that you have 0% haste, in which haste is most beneficial

At the haste rating I have of 24.87% (113 haste) in BG 1 extra haste would save me 0.00211 seconds
This means that I would need 568 flash heals to save 1 extra heal at this amount of haste

Spell Power: 568 x 3.75 = 2130
Haste: 980

2662.5/980 = 2.17

So 1 SP = 2.17 haste at the haste rating I have right now

If you would like to know how I found the seconds saved, its quite simple
You take the time it takes to cast a spell (1.5 seconds), then take haste %, divide by 100 and add 1
So an example would be 1.5 divided by (24.87/100 + 1) so 1.2487
This comes out to 1.20124 seconds cast time, which is the cast time I have in game (to prove that this is correct)
Then all I did was add 1 haste, so 24.87 + 0.22 is 25.09
1.5/1.2509 is 1.199 second cast time
Subtract the 2 cast times and you get 0.0021126 seconds saved
Now what I did was divide the seconds saved by the original cast time (1.20124 seconds)
This comes out to 568 times you must cast flash of light to save the 1.20124 seconds to cast 1 extra flash of light

TLDR
At 0% haste, 1 SP = 1.74 haste
At approx 25% haste, 1 SP = 2.17 haste

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the distinction btwn haste and other stats was that it was multiplicative (vs additive) but that after the breakpoint for a particular class was reached it became less useful.

Have to agree that stat choices are highly situational in pvp making multiple gear sets more useful than a generic emphasis on a particular stat. pve (boss fights specifically) is fairly static and therefore comes closer to achieving a mathematical ideal.

also glad to see everyone ignoring the rating thing and entering into a more interesting discussion of stat benefits.

I thought the distinction btwn haste and other stats was that it was multiplicative (vs additive) but that after the breakpoint for a particular class was reached it became less useful.

Have to agree that stat choices are highly situational in pvp making multiple gear sets more useful than a generic emphasis on a particular stat. pve (boss fights specifically) is fairly static and therefore comes closer to achieving a mathematical ideal.

also glad to see everyone ignoring the rating thing and entering into a more interesting discussion of stat benefits.

You thought wrong, the more haste you have the less beneficial it is

Stat choices are situational yes, but we are discussing what would provide which stat would give the most bang for your buck

Yes the discussion may have gone a bit off topic but the whole reason people make these 'rate my' threads is to achieve their ideal gearset, in which I think this discussion in relevant in that sense

You thought wrong, the more haste you have the less beneficial it is

multiplicative with other haste effects, not with haste rating. priest bubble, slice and dice, etc.

Stat choices are situational yes, but we are discussing what would provide which stat would give the most bang for your buck

i'm saying the most "bang for your buck" is situational.

Yes the discussion may have gone a bit off topic but the whole reason people make these 'rate my' threads is to achieve their ideal gearset, in which I think this discussion in relevant in that sense

if you thought my comment was sarcastic, it wasn't.

It is called a bell curve BTW.
Haste is on a bell curve. Crit is as well. That is what I mentioned way way back about finding the "butterzone" of your gear sets. You locate the apex of the bell curve of each stat and work around that.
TGIF

/cheers
Sweetsidney

0.22% haste saves about 0.0033 seconds from flash heal which would be 455 heals before you save enough time for 1 extra heal.
Ok so if you are starting from 0 haste and you add one it's 229. If we do it with your gear we are starting with an arbitrary amount of haste and you are half way up the bell curve... The only way to do this correctly is to have gear sets and do an actual simulation.

Run it over like 100,000 seconds. Take Holy Shock first, divide it by the time(100,000) + the CD. Calculate how many crit out of that. Take the rest of the time and divide it by your Flash of Light casts. That's your filler. Calculate crit again. Run those numbers over different gear sets. Take the total healing and divide it by the time. That's your healing per second.
Cut off any decimals on the amount of heals you can do (since you can't have half a Flash of Light). Round the healing to 4 decimal places per Blizz.

Imo getting the heal there as fast as possible is better than healing for 4 more. This bracket is super bursty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does nobody use versatility?

I use vers on both dpriest and gdruid. It's more of a "how much of stat x" is used. As mentioned in other threads, there's a sweet spot. When flash of light is around 1.1 sec's with bubble I don't feel the need for more haste.

On other classes it would probably be different. priests don't have HoTs, rdruids do, etc.

I use vers on both dpriest and gdruid. It's more of a "how much of stat x" is used. As mentioned in other threads, there's a sweet spot. When flash of light is around 1.1 sec's with bubble I don't feel the need for more haste.

On other classes it would probably be different. priests don't have HoTs, rdruids do, etc.

Keep in mind, Haste is still superior unless you are at the 50% threshold for instant casting. At that moment, I too would argue versatility over Haste.

There comes a point when haste will improve your cast from( napkin math) 1.15 sec to 1.10 sec. In that situation you could choose another stat, such a crit or versatility. And it is way before 50%. If you chose Versatility you would gain a flat percentage gain and a defensive gain while only losing .05 seconds of casting time. Five hundredths of a secs...50 thousandths of a second. Which would you choose? The 50 thousands of a second faster(your lag time is more than that) or versatility?

/cheers

Users who are viewing this thread