First BiS hpall RATE

Holy Paladins benefit more from crit than many other classes. There are other ring, bracer, and boot options out there for just that.
Good looking transmogriforcation. Very few people people pay attention to them though.
We do not know what we are supposed to be rating.

/cheers

Holy Paladins benefit more from crit than many other classes. There are other ring, bracer, and boot options out there for just that.
Good looking transmogriforcation. Very few people people pay attention to them though.
We do not know what we are supposed to be rating.

/cheers

Why would holy pallys benefit more than crit than any other class? Holy Shock isn't really worth it to stack crit

Why would you not say that holy shock is not worth it? Insta cast, an offensive or healing spell, it stacks your speed, it doubles with your crit, a holy paladin should ALWAYS have 3 holy power up simply because of holy shock. If not from healing, doling out damage.
The little lvl 20 paladin I have that has 21% crit/34% haste/3k Unscaled health, the holy shock has 42% crit. That means practically every other holy shock is a crit, either heal or damage.
The real question is why would you not stack crit. I guess it just depends on the dynamic of your play style.
Have a fantastic week!

/cheers
Sweetsydney

BTW.. Not BiS. OP needs an epic shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
fine I rate you 2/10

-4 for calling my suggestions bad
-1 for thinking haste > int
-1 for random glass cannon & stam choices
-2 for being on drenden

I agree with Zehj, but:

MTB = 1
WW Gloves = 1
SS Boots = 1
Gloaming Band + Ring of Pardons = 2
Stam>Int>Haste = 1

So 2/10 + 6 =

8/10 :)

Why would you not say that holy shock is not worth it? Insta cast, an offensive or healing spell, it stacks your speed, it doubles with your crit, a holy paladin should ALWAYS have 3 holy power up simply because of holy shock. If not from healing, doling out damage.
The little lvl 20 paladin I have that has 21% crit/34% haste/3k Unscaled health, the holy shock has 42% crit. That means practically every other holy shock is a crit, either heal or damage.
The real question is why would you not stack crit. I guess it just depends on the dynamic of your play style.
Have a fantastic week!

/cheers
Sweetsydney

BTW.. Not BiS. OP needs an epic shirt.

I always gear according to what math tells me, and this is what I found

denounce does 431 damage with my 261 SP in BG. 1 SP adds 1.652 damage to my denounce or 0.383% damage increase 1 crit is 0.178% or 0.089% damage increase and 1 haste is 0.22% speed or 0.22% damage increase

flash of light heals for 980 with my 261 SP in BG. 1 SP adds 3.75 extra heal or 0.382% healing increase. 1 crit is 0.178% or 0.089% healing increase. 1 haste is 0.22% speed or 0.22% healing increase.

Holy Shock (damage) does 452 damage with my 261 SP in BG. 1 SP adds 1.632 extra damage or 0.361% extra damage. 1 crit is doubled so 0.356% crit or 0.178% damage increase. 1 haste is 0.22% speed or 0% increase since holy shock is not effected by haste.

Holy Shock (heal) does 377 heal with my 261 SP in BG. 1 SP adds 1.363 extra heal or 0.362% extra healing. 1 crit is doubled so 0.356% crit or 0.178% healing increase. 1 haste is 0.22% speed or 0% increase since holy shock is not effected by haste.

So SP is way better than crit or haste even when you consider the fact that crit is doubled for holy shock.

According to these numbers:
Denounce 1 SP = 1.74 haste = 4.30 crit
Flash of Light 1 SP = 1.736 haste = 4.29 crit
Holy Shock (damage) 1 SP = 2.03 crit
Holy Shock (heal) 1 SP = 2.03 crit

I took the setup I have in my sig on my vet paladian. With even lower SP like 200 SP, spell power would be even better.

P.S. If anyone is wondering how I calculated the numbers, I can explain in more detail

As I stated before, and I have stated many times, BiS is only for the player. There is not cookie cutter BiS any more. The dynamic game that I play is different than the way you play. Or someone else is different than the way you play. No two people play the same. I dispell a LOT. I let my health get low while I heal other others. I very very rarely do damage. Thus I need a large health pool and a large crit with a small amount of spellpower(it scales poorly). And I need to be speedy to be able to get the hell outta Dodge when it gets to rough. That is why I play shaman and paladin. I also queue solo.

I have no idea how you play. You may not dispel at all, or you may. You may stay with the FC or guard a flag, or you may not. You may run with a premade. You may PuG. You may play arenas exclusively. We just do not have that information. For you, your set may be BiS. For others it is not. The days of cookie cutter BiS are long gone.
Have a great week.

/cheers
Sweetsydney

Here is something I whipped together in a matter of a few hours.
Sweetsydney @ Bleeding Hollow - Community - World of Warcraft

It still needs a belt drop but you can get the idea. Even without AGM and glove reinforcements it has more health. And I have not done a faction change. Which is a nice option should you choose to do that. As I stated in my post above, I prefer nice balance sets, as do many people. Some people like to stack one stat. In my opinion that gimps their too. And that is all it is my opinion.

/cheers
Sweetsydney

As I stated before, and I have stated many times, BiS is only for the player. There is not cookie cutter BiS any more. The dynamic game that I play is different than the way you play. Or someone else is different than the way you play. No two people play the same. I dispell a LOT. I let my health get low while I heal other others. I very very rarely do damage. Thus I need a large health pool and a large crit with a small amount of spellpower(it scales poorly). And I need to be speedy to be able to get the hell outta Dodge when it gets to rough. That is why I play shaman and paladin. I also queue solo.

I have no idea how you play. You may not dispel at all, or you may. You may stay with the FC or guard a flag, or you may not. You may run with a premade. You may PuG. You may play arenas exclusively. We just do not have that information. For you, your set may be BiS. For others it is not. The days of cookie cutter BiS are long gone.
Have a great week.

/cheers
Sweetsydney
This isn't about playstyle or health pool tho, it is about SP just giving a higher healing and dmg output

Here is something I whipped together in a matter of a few hours.
Sweetsydney @ Bleeding Hollow - Community - World of Warcraft

It still needs a belt drop but you can get the idea. Even without AGM and glove reinforcements it has more health. And I have not done a faction change. Which is a nice option should you choose to do that. As I stated in my post above, I prefer nice balance sets, as do many people. Some people like to stack one stat. In my opinion that gimps their too. And that is all it is my opinion.

/cheers
Sweetsydney

idk man that low spellpower is a thriller killer for me, and your like 10 crit away the rest of other stats im ahead... my gear scales good...

I dispell a LOT. I let my health get low while I heal other others. I very very rarely do damage. Thus I need a large health pool and a large crit with a small amount of spellpower(it scales poorly). And I need to be speedy to be able to get the hell outta Dodge when it gets to rough.

As far as I am aware dispel isnt affected by crit int or haste, so idk how that is relevant to why crit is better than SP. You may need a large healthpool, that is playstyle preference, but why would you need a large amount of crit? that makes no sense because I JUST told you why SP is better than crit. I also have 150% speed so I am just as 'speedy' as you.

8/10

dpr and lavished
magefist with glove rein
peerless stats on chest
maybe vitality on shield

Dispels are not affected by spellpower either, which is my point that you seemed to have missed. You do dispel don't you. Holy Paladins excel at dispelling
Practically every ability is effected by haste, some more than others.
That 10 crit equals 20 with holy shock. Which a holy paladin should be casting almost every six seconds. It is one of the abilities to keep their speed at maximum. It would be akin to a shaman not using riptide on CD. You should almost always keep those 6 second CD on cooldown.
And why is this only about SP giving damage and healing? I thought you wanted to be rated.
I am sure your gear does scale well. There is always a nice butterzone with gear to find an exact sync. That is part of the fun of twinking. Again, yet another reason why there is no true BiS.
You are "just as speedy as me" because you are casting holy shock.
Have a great day!

/cheers

Dispels are not affected by spellpower either, which is my point that you seemed to have missed. You do dispel don't you. Holy Paladins excel at dispelling
Practically every ability is effected by haste, some more than others.
That 10 crit equals 20 with holy shock. Which a holy paladin should be casting almost every six seconds. It is one of the abilities to keep their speed at maximum. It would be akin to a shaman not using riptide on CD. You should almost always keep those 6 second CD on cooldown.
And why is this only about SP giving damage and healing? I thought you wanted to be rated.
I am sure your gear does scale well. There is always a nice butterzone with gear to find an exact sync. That is part of the fun of twinking. Again, yet another reason why there is no true BiS.
You are "just as speedy as me" because you are casting holy shock.
Have a great day!

/cheers

If you read above, I said SP and crit are irrelevant when it comes to dispel
As far as I am aware dispel isnt affected by crit int or haste, so idk how that is relevant to why crit is better than SP.
As far as I am aware, Holy Shock and Dispel are both not affected by haste
10 crit may be equal to 20 crit for holy shock, but if you looked at the math I did (I am assuming you read it), even with double crit rating 1 SP is 2x better than crit
I dont know why you keep assuming I dont use holy shock, I use it every 6 seconds. I just said that because holy shock gives double crit doesnt make crit good, crit is still one of the worst stats you can pick up as a holy paladian
While I do agree there is no true BiS, it doesn't mean some stats are just plain stupid to get
And yes, I am casting holy shock, never said I didnt

Also one more thing to add, if the enemy team has a holy paladin, they cast denounce on you can your crit is useless for 4 seconds

EDIT: I just calculated that my flash of light heals 218 more than you (28.6% more healing) my denounce does 96 more damage than you (28.6% more damage) my holy shock does 95 more damage than you (26.6% more damage) my holy shock heals 79 more than you (26.5% more healing). You have 0.88% more haste and 7.48% more crit and 5.3k hp while I have 4.7k. This is all the numbers in BG (I took your scaled stats and compared with mine), so unless you think 7.5% crit and 1% haste is better than 28% healing and damage, SP is better.

unless you think 7.5% crit and 1% haste is better than 28% healing and damage, SP is better.

But you have to cast holy shock every 6 seconds or you're silly. There's no BiS anymore. Everyone gears how they want and according to their playstyle. Cookiecutter gearsets are stupid. I stack stamina and play resto shaman and like to get into peoples faces and have them attack me while I heal. SP doesn't affect dispel.
Have an amazing evening
/cheers
sweetcutiemesicat

But you have to cast holy shock every 6 seconds or you're silly. There's no BiS anymore. Everyone gears how they want and according to their playstyle. Cookiecutter gearsets are stupid. I stack stamina and play resto shaman and like to get into peoples faces and have them attack me while I heal. SP doesn't affect dispel.
Have an amazing evening
/cheers
sweetcutiemesicat

Glad someone agrees.

Users who are viewing this thread