First BiS hpall RATE

There comes a point when haste will improve your cast from( napkin math) 1.15 sec to 1.10 sec. In that situation you could choose another stat, such a crit or versatility. And it is way before 50%. If you chose Versatility you would gain a flat percentage gain and a defensive gain while only losing .05 seconds of casting time. Five hundredths of a secs...50 thousandths of a second. Which would you choose? The 50 thousands of a second faster(your lag time is more than that) or versatility?

/cheers
But if you do that every time you can pick haste or another stat you would end up at 0% haste. You need to see the bigger picture, not focus on one enchant vs another.

That is why it is called a balanced setup. You do not focus on just one stat and max it out. I am sure it works for some classes but in the long term you gimp yourself.
I just gave you an example of how someone can maintain a 1.15 cast time yet improve your healing and defense with just a simple enchant swap. Just think of what could be done if you maintained that 1.15 and swapped some gear around.
Set some attainable stat goals and work around those set goals. For me, I set a reasonable SP, worked my gear around that and enchanted to stamina. Now that we have haste I enchanted haste as far as it seemed reasonable and started with versatility as it provides damage reduction and an increase to my healing. I am still experimenting with gear sets. That is what makes twinking fun. If I wanted nononsense BiS cookie cutter gear sets I would play end game.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

That is why it is called a balanced setup. You do not focus on just one stat and max it out. I am sure it works for some classes but in the long term you gimp yourself.
I just gave you an example of how someone can maintain a 1.15 cast time yet improve your healing and defense with just a simple enchant swap. Just think of what could be done if you maintained that 1.15 and swapped some gear around.
Set some attainable stat goals and work around those set goals. For me, I set a reasonable SP, worked my gear around that and enchanted to stamina. Now that we have haste I enchanted haste as far as it seemed reasonable and started with versatility as it provides damage reduction and an increase to my healing. I am still experimenting with gear sets. That is what makes twinking fun. If I wanted nononsense BiS cookie cutter gear sets I would play end game.

/cheers
Sweetsidney
That's not how you put it tho, what I read from your comment was something along the lines as "You can choese between a haste enchant and an SP enchant, the haste enchant would only provide you a 0,05 sec faster cast, so you'd better go with SP". Setting a goal of the stats you want is fine.

If you refer back to #59 and #60 , the post of which you originally quoted, neither Mrcer or I mentioned SP. However, what I did mention is that you could replace a haste enchant with versatility enchant. I did go on a few posts later to mention that I use a spellpower point as a reference of the base formula that I use for casters, for obvious reasons. You can check that post out just above.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

If you refer back to #59 and #60 , the post of which you originally quoted, neither Mrcer or I mentioned SP. However, what I did mention is that you could replace a haste enchant with versatility enchant. I did go on a few posts later to mention that I use a spellpower point as a reference of the base formula that I use for casters, for obvious reasons. You can check that post out just above.

/cheers
Sweetsidney
I was giving an example of how it sounded to me like you picked your enchants. Glad to hear you didn't mean it that way cause that would be ridiculous...

So, now you are stating it is "ridiculous" stack spell power.
I really wish you people would make up your minds from day to day.

/cheers

So, now you are stating it is "ridiculous" stack spell power.
I really wish you people would make up your minds from day to day.

/cheers
Read again :) I said the way I thought you were prioritizing your enchants was ridiculous. Nothing about spell power or anything. And I never said spell power stacking was the only way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread