US FIFTY - Classic Raiding done right - We need YOU!

I'm making an US acc with my bro, going to RAF and get some 90s going. I'd be very interested in joining you guys. Which days and times are you guys raiding? And the main guild is on Moonguard Alliance right? I want to roll a healer, which are needed/which are the best? Thanks in advance :3

We normally raid every saturday at 9pm unless posted otherwise.

Imo we need more fistweavers. 220 spirit> hastecap>int>crit is what I think people are trying to go for.

They bring great healing and great dps. Ima have to gear one up.

220 spirit> hastecap>int>crit is what I think people are trying to go for.

220spirit>Int>haste>crit
I just use haste breakpoints for normal healing, any amount of haste is good. Also keep in mind that most spellpower proc enchants proc from spells, so they won't work the same. I recommend hurricane enchant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm making an US acc with my bro, going to RAF and get some 90s going. I'd be very interested in joining you guys. Which days and times are you guys raiding? And the main guild is on Moonguard Alliance right? I want to roll a healer, which are needed/which are the best? Thanks in advance :3

let me know if u wanna do that raf today. i wanna level up a monk

let me know if u wanna do that raf today. i wanna level up a monk

Thanks for the info :) I'll be leveling a Mistweaver then. Uhmm... I'll be RAF'ing my brother, so you won't be getting the XP right? If you want to level together then thats cool :D I'll be leveling this weekend probably. Also, do you have a BiS list for a MW Monk?

I can make you one when I get Home

EDIT: So Gnomes have a baseline of 39 spirit @lvl 50. And you need 220.

Head: Cogspinner of the Owl(39spi)
Neck: The Dragon's Eye(9spi)
Shoulder: Preened Ironfeather Shoulders + Greater Inscription of Faith(8spi)
Back: Runecloth Cloak(9spi) + Enchant Cloak - Greater Intellect
Chest: Robes of Insight(15spi) + Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats(10spi)
Wrist: Dryad's Wrist Bindings(6spi) + Enchant Bracer - Restore Mana Prime(9spi)
Gloves: Bloodfire Talons(13spi) + Enchant Gloves - Healing Power
Waist: Flamescarred Girdle(12spi)
Leggings: Preened Wildfeather Leggings(10spi) + Brilliant Spellthread(15spi)
Feet: Rocket Boots Xtreme Lite + Enchant Boots - Vitality(8spi)
Ring1: Lorekeeper's Ring(10spi)
Ring2: Eye of Adaegus(12spi)
Trinkets1+2: Noise Machine
Weapon: Dignified Headmaster's Charge + Black Magic or Hurricane

If I am correct, these items + baseline spirit should come out to be exactly 220 with the highest possible intellect > Haste > Crit.

If I am wrong, this will still give you a pretty good idea on what to gear for

Hurricane

Has a 45 second internal cooldown.
Proc rate approximately 10-15%.

Black Magic

Has a 35 second internal cooldown.
Proc rate approximately 35%.

BM > Hurricane

edit: figuring out ppm of each with simple maths.

Black Magic: 1.71428571429PPM
Hurricane: 1.33333333333~PPM

Oliks

iv been testing my monk out, its such a fun class to play. If I go straight dps I can pull around 400, but then by including an optimised rotation that includes heals I can pull around 300 dps while also being able to heal around 500 hps (this includes renewing mist, soothing mist, enveloping mist , and surging mist) but then that does not include the 14k bubble which is amazing at level 50. There is also a lot more potential in aoe situation with spinning crane kick being very useful possibly raising dps to 1k while also providing decent healing.

Fistweavers are going to be a nice addition to this project. it may even provide the push we need

I've got fairly sporadic play time right now with the holidays and some business travel, but anytime I'm on I'm game for doing something with 50.
my battle tag is in the thread (can't remember it and not on a comp with wow on it)

Since there's a lot of interest in mistweaver dps, I'll share what I have learned so far. I will probably end up making a guide at some point.

In terms of rotation, its remarkably similar to a combat rogue(think of blackout kick as blade flurry)
My single target rotation is simply alternating between jab and tiger palm. Using blackout kick single target is less dps and is crazy mana consuming. Think like a combat rogue: You don't use blade flurry single target. Single target will usually yield the least dps.

Against two mobs I double jab > blackout kick. Once you get enough spirit you should be able to sustain this long enough, but if you're running low on mana I would switch to tiger palming, and remember to always keep tpalm up.

3+ mobs I use two spinning crane kicks and a blackout kick. 5 targets is usually your maximum dps. Mw cleave is insane. At a certain point I just stop using blackout kick and just spam sck, but I don't know the threshold of where it is better dps.

Your base spirit does not grant hit/expertise through SotWS

The bonus damage from tiger strikes does full damage even though it is an auto attack.

In terms of a weapon, there is almost no difference between a staff and a one handed weapon. Although all of your damaging abilities go off of weapon damage, that is increased 40% in your actual stats if you use a one hander, so they end up almost the same. I like using a one hander simply so I can get more intellect and spirit if needed through an offhand.

The gear I would use would be as follows:
Head- Cogspinners of the Owl
Neck- Lei of Lilies
Shoulders- Preened Ironfeather Shoulders w/ Greater Inscription of the Oracle
Back- Obsidian Flecked Cape w/ Enchant Cloak - Accuracy
Chest- Robes of Insight with 11 spirit
Wrist- Dryad's Wrist Bindings with Restore Mana Prime
Hands- Gloves of the Atal'ai Prophet with Greater Expertise
Waist- Thuzadin Sash with
Frag belt
Legs- Preened Wildfeather Leggings with Brilliant Spellthread
Feet- Rocket Boots Xtreme lite with Vitality
Rings(in order of desirability) Sapphire Signet of the Owl, Lorekeeper's Ring or Eye of Adaegus if you really need it.
For trinkets I go double Noise Machine
Weapon- Devout Aurastone Hammer with hurricane
Offhand- Book of the Dead or Manual of Clouds with +6 intellect

I count the 7 hit and 8 expertise enchants as 15 spirit when calculating(it's close enough

If you follow this to the letter you will get between 218 - 220 spirit, depending on ring choice. I personally don't think the 2 spirit for 4 int trade is worth it, but that's up to you.

All of the level 30 talents are garbage for dps since they are spells, but the healing of chi burst is really good. I like using it when the group needs a big burst of healing, there are a ton of mobs and it might hit a few of them, or I cannot get in melee range for some reason. Chi wave really sucks because when it misses once it will just stop, so it doesn't end up bouncing more than once most of the time.

For glyphs I like Glyph of Spinning Crane Kick and Glyph of Touch of Death, but there's no glyphs that actually influence your dps.

In terms of weapon enchants, life is a bit hard. All of the spellpower enchants proc from spells, which we mostly use abilities. Most of the enchants that proc from abilities give some sort of attack power, which we can't use. The best option in my opinion is hurricane. It procs from both abilities and spells, is increased by 50% in SotWS(even though it is not "from gear"), and procs all the time.

Mistweavers are very unique in that they can expertise cap at 50. This makes their damage some of the most consistent in the project.

I don't think healing while dpsing is advisable. Most of what you do ends up as overhealing anyway, and its not worth it imo to sacrifice dps and use mana to throw out heals when not necessary. I just let the healing happen passively from me doing dps. Not to say tunnel vision on dps and forget about the crazy raid utility, but I wouldn't use my chi or interrupt my rotation to heal unless absolutely necessary. That's why we have healers to begin with.

I see that a lot of people are making them, which is cool, but we only really need a few. Like I said, a ton of overhealing with just one. If we have too many at one time, that healing just ends up being wasted. It's not a big deal, but my point is that stacking these is kind of ineffective, and we would be better off with a diverse raid group to get as much utility as possible without diminishing anyone's utility.

Wouldn't the boa staff let you do more dmg(thus increasing ur healing) since your damaging abilities scale off of your weapons dps?

Wouldn't the boa staff let you do more dmg(thus increasing ur healing) since your damaging abilities scale off of your weapons dps?

Well I haven't tested it with one handed weapons non dual wielded, but its either there is a modifier in the formula for dual wield or way of the monk is factored in. If it's a modifier for dual wield only, mistweaver dps will go off the charts with staves. I already pull 500-700 dps.

One thing is for sure, we need more Rshamans and Rdruids. Those are the only two classes that can dispel curses.

Raid Tonight (Saturday) - 8:00 CST / 9:00 EST - BWL Progression​

If thirk and oncilla can come tank tonight, it'll be one hella of a raid

thelse says he will be coming

Users who are viewing this thread