US FIFTY - Classic Raiding done right - We need YOU!

So a bit of an update on the dps mistweaver thing. I did some research last night and there is a dual wield multiplier in the weapon damage component of our melee attacks. My build with DASH + Father Flame is yielding much lower dps than our potential. I went in game and tested it. With my formerly bis pairing, I got a tiger palm tooltip saying my tiger palms would hit for 99-111. Switching to my unenchanted Blugeon of the Grinning Dog(no spellpower or anything, just a stun proc) my tooltip changed to 327-453. Mistweavers could easily end up doubling my old dps estimates.

As we can see, BoA staves are now the way to go, but which one? The justice point option, Dignified Headmaster's Charge, has a 2.90 speed with top end damage being 163.56. Grand Staff of Jordan, on the other hand, has a much slower speed of 3.70, and a top end damage of 208.68. That's way more damage, and since auto attacks don't matter at all, we very clearly want the slower weapon. Sorry to anyone(Thelse) who has already purchased a DHMC for their fistweaver.

I have revised the build a bit to accommodate the new large source of hit while maintaining high intellect. Counting two 8 expertise enchants together with the 16 hit from the staff as 32 spirit, we hit the 220 spirit cap right on the nose.
Head: Cogs of the Owl
Neck: Lei of Lilies
Shoulders: Preened Ironfeather Shoulders with Greater Inscription of the Oracle
Back: Obsidian Flecked Cape with either Enchant Cloak - Superior Intellect or Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed
Chest: Robes of Insight with Enchant Chest - Major Spirit
Wrists: Dryad's Wrist Bindings with Enchant Bracer - Greater Expertise
Gloves: Gloves of the Atal'ai Prophet with Enchant Gloves - Greater Expertise
Belt: Thuzadin Sash with Tinker - Frag Belt
Legs: Preened Wildfeather Leggings with Brilliant Spellthread
Feet: Rocket Boots Xtreme Lite with Enchant Boots - Vitality
Ring #1 : Sapphire Signet of the Owl
Ring #2 : Eye of Adaegus
Trinket #1 : Noise Machine
Trinket #2 : Noise Machine
Weapon: Grand Staff of Jordan with Enchant Weapon - Hurricane

How'd it go, and was it streamed? :)

My streaMing brought my latency to 600+ so I turned it off. We downed the first boss and gave vael a few attempts. We also discovered that the room next to vael is ridiculously hard. Until you have a group that can defeat vael, you Won't be able to handle the next room of mobs.

We originally tried to do the first boss with 2 tanks and 4 healers but our tanks were taKing to much damage. We switched it to 3 tanks and 5 healers. After we switched it up we Finally got to the 2nd phase but it bugged andmobs were still spawning. Our 2 other tanks kept Aggro on the adds as long as possible and we managed to kill the first boss with only 1 person left alive.

EDIT: I tested Ele's and enhancement's DPS, they both average out at about 400 DPS. Sadly not enough for raids ):

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey might as well make a quick post, raid saturday 8:00 cst. Normal time unless posted otherwise in the next day or so!

logged out in dps gear

And the winner of idiot of the week is edwaardo for forgetting his warrior's xp was on when he went to run a couple dungeons. I will be using dualfury as a 51 twink warrior for when we do bgs or world PvP. For the most part I just want to have one. Not a huge deal, but still sucks a bit.

And the winner of idiot of the week is edwaardo for forgetting his warrior's xp was on when he went to run a couple dungeons. I will be using dualfury as a 51 twink warrior for when we do bgs or world PvP. For the most part I just want to have one. Not a huge deal, but still sucks a bit.

Don't feel bad. I leveled a 7 year old 49 hunter in WSG before. Would the raids still allow a lvl 51?

I'll be 15-30 minutes late to tonight raid, but i'll be there.

I'm trying out that new game that came out on steam.

It's called Rust. It's currently in the alpha stage. It's pretty addictive

Priest it is then!
I've played a priest for a year and have raided end game (TBC & MOP) content. I mostly did Normal, but didn't struggle too much in heroics either.

I unfortunately will need to refresh my memory on the content you all are raiding. It's been a while since I've been in there / we ignored mechanics on our farm runs.

Some questions.
How often do you raid?
What professions do you need for guild?
Do you have a preference of Holy or Disc? I'm good at both.

Users who are viewing this thread