EU+US EU VS US

View attachment 7216

I know this thread is talking about twinks, but thought this was interesting. The image above shows the top approximately 1500 arena 3s players in the world right now, which is to offer a large sample size to limit outliers. Out of these 1500 players, over 2/3 are EU and 1/3 is US.

If I limit the sample size to 200, to compare current EU and US average skill cap, there are 158 EU players and 42 US players in the top 200, which is almost a 4:1 ratio.

So, although I’m US, can’t argue with current data. EU > US in wow competitive arena currently, which is a higher measurement of skill than twinking lol.
endgame=19 twinks?

View attachment 7216

I know this thread is talking about twinks, but thought this was interesting. The image above shows the top approximately 1500 arena 3s players in the world right now, which is to offer a large sample size to limit outliers. Out of these 1500 players, over 2/3 are EU and 1/3 is US.

If I limit the sample size to 200, to compare current EU and US average skill cap, there are 158 EU players and 42 US players in the top 200, which is almost a 4:1 ratio.

So, although I’m US, can’t argue with current data. EU > US in wow competitive arena currently, which is a higher measurement of skill than twinking lol.

That is a great assessment but here’s why your theory of skill based off rating between EU and US is wrong.

The end of season rewards is meticulously calculated. Because EU has a larger player base than the US in terms of arena .. for EVERY player that exceeds 1000+ rating in 3s they will contribute to mmr/rating inflation. Hence that climbing rating on EU is more achievable than on US. The significant difference of merely 100+ rating between EU and US for r1/glad cutoffs will never change. So just because someone on EU is slightly higher rated than you on US, it is probable that they COULD be better than you, but also maybe not. What’s realistic is that you’re susceptible to climbing to a plateau’d area of rating and will stay complacent there due to skill/comp.

So although I will vouch that EU’s are pioneers of Warcraft strategies, it does not entirely mean they’re better than every person always

A person who is of a skill level of 1500 on US could be of same caliber of 1600 on EU

Last edited:
View attachment 7216

this was march of 2017 my first time playing boomy in 19s
flexx1.png
flexx2.png
flexx3.png

[doublepost=1523594748,1523594643][/doublepost]what my boomy debut looked like

lets do it i'll come to EU and we can bring the other US players to play vs you eu players all you do is talk nonstop bunch of girls

schedule a time i'm sure we can all find a time

but it won't happen mark my words they have no balls
You were pretending to come to EU at some time last year, didnt happen though. Check your sack before you talk smack.

endgame=19 twinks?

I wasn't saying that. I mentioned in the first sentence that i knew that my post was slightly off topic, but thought i would bring up that assessment anyways. Endgame generally requires a higher skill cap (in terms of knowledge required) than twinks do anyways, so i thought it would be a more accurate assessment of skill than looking up some data about twink bg HK counts, which don't necessarily determine skill, since those data also have the factor that many people at the top of those ladders may have played longer, which doesn't make them better. Length of time played doesn't mean you are by default better than an individual, so using that type of twink data is useless. Unless there is other data that can be compared similarly to max level arenas for twinks, that a majority of twinks participate in and are recorded with, using arenamate is a better means of measurement.
[doublepost=1523629052,1523628371][/doublepost]
this was march of 2017 my first time playing boomy in 19s
View attachment 7217 View attachment 7218 View attachment 7219
[doublepost=1523594748,1523594643][/doublepost]what my boomy debut looked like

Ok. Once again off topic but alright. The data is skewed (if you are actually comparing EU vs US, instead of yourself again which you seem to do alot), since there are only 10 players depicted per statistic. Data is also taken from a year ago, which doesn't show current placements. There would have to be a tally of EU and US players within a top percentile of the population, to show that the data shows players who are either good or at least competent in the bracket. Then, you'd tally up the number of EU players compared to the number of US players at the top of whatever means of measurement we're using (Kill:Death ratio, Flag cap amounts, etc etc), since there are different factors that determine an individual's level of skill. You'd have to do this for numerous amounts of data and then somehow find a way to assess the value of an individual based on an average of these components. Not entirely sure how you'd do that, since im not a statistics major or smart or anything, but yea. The point is the data isn't nearly broad enough, in terms that very few players are depicted, not allowing us to assess EU vs US but only the top 10 players depicted and make an assumption with a very small sample size, the data is old, and there isn't a data set that averages different components of skill. Displaying K:D and shit isn't the epitome of skill, since there are situational factors that sometimes require you to put yourself in a bad situation in order to put your team at an advantage (ie : if fc is about to cap, and you're right next to their flag, you kill him before he caps, then their entire team kills you, because they were just trailing behind the fc. You prevented them from capping, but died, which i think is a huge trade off for you. So, KD would decrease, even though you made the better play, therefore making KD not the definite measurement of skill.

TLDR : Needs a larger sample size, to compare EU and US, and needs specific measurements and a way to average them.

Yes he was playing FC for AAO vs TL while being pretty new to 19s. And I think he didnt had his best day in those games :).

I think you read that wrong. I didnt say someone was way better than Hajima. I just said that those who clearly ranked him #1 were friends with him and that I think that there were 4-5 US hunters on his lvl. If you want names: Nettiebay, Silkworm, Ezeron, Agonist. There might be more but cant remember.
And naw Stubs played some ret but that was nothing special. Might be your view as a friend. Rest of EU probably cant even remember him playing ret lol. Vianco has never been a top healer. doesnt matter what expansion. If you mean overall good player, yes. Top as healer, no. Nicozy was overrated as rogue and only viable because of general game sense. Might be most important thing on rogue but he still managed to look bad to often.

I agree Nettiebay / Agonist / Arkant were close to him not the rest tho...

Stubs was top ladder ret when XP Off arenas was a thing, plus he was rank 5 arena overall without really much playing, sure he didn't play ret in BG because it was so shit to play melee in a ranged meta. Stubs first started to queue with Vianco (Disc) and me (Disc), then i had others stuff to do irl and couldn't play alot like i used to. Vianco wasn't playing alot at all at that time but i'm pretty certain if you queued 2s instead of WSG you would have notice the difference.

I agree Nettiebay / Agonist / Arkant were close to him not the rest tho...

Stubs was top ladder ret when XP Off arenas was a thing, plus he was rank 5 arena overall without really much playing, sure he didn't play ret in BG because it was so shit to play melee in a ranged meta. Stubs first started to queue with Vianco (Disc) and me (Disc), then i had others stuff to do irl and couldn't play alot like i used to. Vianco wasn't playing alot at all at that time but i'm pretty certain if you queued 2s instead of WSG you would have notice the difference.

Jva is right. But its ok you see it differently, Friendsbias and all.

Been away for a year and find Gurke talking shit lmao. Rewrite history all you want, you were never relevant and downplaying someone else won't make you.

Been away for a year and find Gurke talking shit lmao. Rewrite history all you want, you were never relevant and downplaying someone else won't make you.
Relevant enough to trigger you at least :).
Knowing the history between me and the TL ppl you can clearly see that my opinion is the most unbiased one you will find in this thread. Sorry you didnt make the cut. But I am glad it made you check xpoff after a year. Maybe you should add that to your signature so you dont have to include that in every post my friend.
@Vianco no

mage & druid, yes. Priest & sham, no.

as opposed to be considered "decent" only by virtue of guild tag ? Hide behind others etc.
your rogue play was/is atrocious, at best.
What are u talking about lol nicozy has always had crazy good gamesense and imo was the best at rogue out of the classes he played, im not sure about mop but in wod when he played rogue he was the best in EU.

Users who are viewing this thread