End of the f2ps?

When the bracket got popular: "OMFG, PALLIES AND HUNTERS. IT'S THE END OF THE BRACKET!"
Early MoP: "OMFG, HPALLIES. IT'S THE END OF THE BRACKET!"
MoP: "SHADOWPRIESTS, IT'S THE END OF THE BRACKET!"
Pre-5.3: "OMFG, HEALERS! IT'S THE END OF THE BRACKET!"
5.2: "OMFG, PROT WARRIORS. IT'S THE END OF THE BRACKET!"
5.3: "OMFG, PROT PALLIES, AND HUNTERS. IT'S THE END OF THE BRACKET.
And guess what?

​>We're still alive.
See, before you guys were born...AP was actually a pretty good arena server! People did BGs only for a better pvp experience. I'de duel Medanx all day and he'd tell me to listen to 2pac and life was good. Overtime people learned of the bracket and you'd see more and players migrating to AP. We tried REALLY hard to get them to enjoy arena but it was too hard for them so they stuck to BGs. Two years later you people are still logging on EVERYDAY playing for HOURS a day to get lololorolled in BGs. I have a dream that one day all of you will understand the errors of your ways and come play wif me in renaz(please?).

First PTR less than a month after a patch release .... remind me again why everyone is behaving as though this is a done deal?

I mean really. I can't remember the last time people freaked out this badly over changes so long before they were due to go live.

It may be that the L20's will have to start communicating better and finding ways to link up with each other.
Serious question as I'm not trying to troll, but how would you guard against a 1.6k crit? How about multiple crits? I've asked a lot of people this question and their simple answer is "you don't". As I mainly play on a f2p account and my HP can top out at ~2.3k (druid in bear form) getting hit by multiple crits like that from a p2p spells disaster and makes one feel powerless to do anything about it.

You realize all these enchants will scale down to our level? Were not gonna be any more OP than we are now..
f2p still would not have access to these enchants. The best enchant I can manage on a weapon is +1 damage, or +3 INT on a staff. Imho mongoose scaling to +90 agility and +22 haste dwarfs anything I could ever hope to achieve in that slot.

Not every battleground is filled with 24s. So no, I don't see this as the end but more of a rough patch. I'm sure after 5.4 hotfixes come out the enchants will be nerfed in their scaling.

Its gonna be an awful patch for real f2ps, but the bracket will never die cause BR players wont even see a difference and theyll keep playin

Anyone who is mad about being pancaked by 24s will realize that if they simply buy the game they won't get pancaked. If anything, making it harder for F2Ps to do well in BGs is a GREAT move for Blizz. If the F2P subscribes, Blizz wins and if the F2P leaves, Blizz doesn't lose anything.

Does it really say that though? Or does it say that this game is pay to win? (It's not i know), but if were speculating, lets think about what brand new player would think? And atm, blizzard is hemorrhaging money, since subs dropped from 12 million down to 8.3, at 14$ a month thats 3.7 million dollars lost every year now. And its still dropping. I'm not saying give the trials an i win button, but it really makes you wonder. Obviously what they've been doing hasn't been working to stem the flood. That 8.3 subs was reported a few months ago, i'd be willing to bet that its under 8 million at this point. Food for thought.

Does it really say that though? Or does it say that this game is pay to win? (It's not i know), but if were speculating, lets think about what brand new player would think? And atm, blizzard is hemorrhaging money, since subs dropped from 12 million down to 8.3, at 14$ a month thats 3.7 million dollars lost every year now. And its still dropping. I'm not saying give the trials an i win button, but it really makes you wonder. Obviously what they've been doing hasn't been working to stem the flood. That 8.3 subs was reported a few months ago, i'd be willing to bet that its under 8 million at this point. Food for thought.
I hope you realize this has happened almost every expansion, accept for the fact that they still have more subscribers then
they did in vanilla/wrath/bc. It's the end of an expansion, count is going back to 2mil+ once the new expansion hits, the it's going to drop again.

Appreciate the time we all have now...since 5.0, MOST people have been complaining about how much they miss Cata and what they would give to experience that again. However, during Cata, did we focus on the good points instead of the bad? No. Everyone was QQing about hunters and 24s. Really, why can't we just enjoy what we have now instead of focusing on the future and causing commotion with the fear that comes with it?

I know a lot of people who play WoW or MMORPG games in general to de-stress or what I would prefer to call "to escape from reality". I know I do. Don't these threads about fear of the unknown defeat that purpose? Eventually, we will have to embrace these changes. But not now. Appreciate what you have now.

First PTR less than a month after a patch release .... remind me again why everyone is behaving as though this is a done deal?

I mean really. I can't remember the last time people freaked out this badly over changes so long before they were due to go live.

The xp in bg things. (3.2?) and everybody was like: Twinks gonna die

End of the f2p's? This is one of the worst, most far-fetched threads in recent memory. For shame.

Maybe a tad off topic but a part of me wonders if all this gear / enchant scaling could possibly lead to a future of standardizing gear among players in PVP and instead giving them some kind of gear talent point system. The system could bridge the gap between player levels while still giving customization options and benefits to gaining levels. The game does seem to be moving over the years to a dumbing down and this system is pretty much in place at endgame where you start with honor gear and work up customizing along the way with gems and enchants. This could make stepping into PVP more attractive to casual / PVE players and possibly create a whole new player base by allowing true PVP based leveling.

F2P have had luxury standards since a long time, and WSGs won't stop popping - the amount of 24s is not that large either, and you can easily kill one of them, if you just communicate. Quit whining, it will be ok.

Most 24s are going 20 for stats increase and now add Enchants.. at least people wont' bitch about 24s anymore have to bitch about P2P 20s.

I hope you realize this has happened almost every expansion, accept for the fact that they still have more subscribers then
they did in vanilla/wrath/bc. It's the end of an expansion, count is going back to 2mil+ once the new expansion hits, the it's going to drop again.

Not quite sadly. Here's some light reading if you enjoy that kinda thing. BBC News - World of Warcraft subscribers are leaving, Activision warns

A few 100-200k people leaving 2-3 months after the -final- patch of an expansion, sure that is normal. Not 1-2 million though leaving right in the middle of an expac. Didn't you ever wonder why blizzard introduced an unlimited free trial. and advertised it as a "free to play game" Or started selling annual passes during cata?

Have you people even bothered to log into PTR? As of current PTR build, the scaled down enchants FAR surpass what is currently available to your 24.

We've discussed this on Destromath/EU a lot and came to following conclusion:
Let's wait for further PTR builds, changes will come. In the meanwhile relax, enjoy the bracket and sip some tea.
(Or even better get yourself some ice-cream - summer is finally here...)

Greetings.

Users who are viewing this thread