End of the f2ps?

They're also increasing the focus cost, so yeah, while you'll see higher numbers it will do about the same overall damage per focus dump as it does now.

90% of hunters don't even give half a shit about their focus anyways. 50% more focus (from 20 to 30) is nothing compared to going from 300 crits to 450, they're basically increasing their burst by 50%, sure they'll have to spend 10 more focus, but they will do the damage of 3 globals in 2...

Btw, I don't think there will be a F2P-only bracket. They'll just try to half-assedly fix the scaling they half-assedly implemented and be done with it, they don't give 2 shits about leveling, otherwise they'd go through the whole 1-60 zones they revamped and look at what they did with stat-weighs.

Btw, has anybody checked on the PTR if the Gladiator shoulder enchant, the one with 30+stam and 15+ rezil can be used by F2P? and if yes, what is the values scaled to our level? ( Because it's a BC enchant, i dont think it will scale down too much )

No BC enchantment had 30 of anything. Unless maybe that one that cost 15k honor, which is impossible now anyway. The best stats on TBC enchants was *Maybe* 12 for epic.

I AM wondering if f2ps will be able to get the Wintergrasp shoulder enchant.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're also increasing the focus cost, so yeah, while you'll see higher numbers it will do about the same overall damage per focus dump as it does now.

On Topic:

This is too big. Blizzard separated the twink brackets from the open brackets with exp on/off feature. I'm sure by 5.5 or 5.6 or 6.0 we'll have the f2p bracket all to ourselves. They aren't going to get a lot of new subscriptions if the legitimate trial players first experience in PvP is getting their shit tossed by someone with 38% crit and 97% avoidance.

That assumes that post 'millions of subscribers lost' they have sufficiently extricated their heads from their asses that they actually start giving a fuck about the PvP side of the new player experience. Something they have never done before (remember, XP lock was very shortly followed by the addition of BoAs to the game, along with heirloom recyclers in the lowest brackets, making XP lock utterly pointless as a way to remove twinks from levelling BGs).

The saddest part is, that there are 5 topics dedicated to crying about potential changes coming with 5.4 but I bet NO ONE has asked, or put into motion a topic in the PTR forums concerning the implications and consequences these changes will have when it comes to the F2P bracket.

If you people aren't willing to do something about this, or put even the smallest efforts into letting Blizzard know that they're shitting on potential customers then you people deserve to have your bracket ruined.

Unfortunately it seems the only feedback Blizzard have any interest in receiving about the PTR would be that relating to new raid content. You only need to look at the titles of the stickies in the PTR forum to see their bias. Otherwise, as usual, expect problems on the PTR, even when reported in depth, to make it to live and stay there.

I have spent far more time complaining on Blizzard's forums than those of any other game, and I can tell you that they are quite honestly one of the most ignorant game developers out there. I did not need to complain about issues with other games to anywhere near the same degree, because other developers do actually listen to their customers, and take action when they aren't happy, instead of waiting for them to get sick of being ignored.

Need I remind people of Blizzard's utterly abysmal history when it comes to analysing and responding to any feedback related to PvP? The fact that a single topic during WotLK, calling them out on their utter neglect towards PvP development, hit the thread post-cap 5 times, and only then got the single blue response "we have read this", with no appreciable subsequent improvement in PvP development, until the current scaling feature?

It could well be that the 5.x expansion and patches continue to be business as usual for Blizzard, namely with low level PvP taking one step forward and two steps back. The good that is level and gear scaling could well be comepletely overturned, should they decide to add back head (arcanum), shoulder (inscription) and leg (spellthread and leg armor) enhancements for low levels. Why wouldn't they do that? They are already perfectly happy to allow players decked out in heirlooms with level 60 enchants, to enter the same BGs as level 10 players who have only just started playing. Level, gear and enchant scaling does nothing when it's all already at level, and the spread of gear at level is so high.

As it is, their enchant scaling system means SFA to low levels, because enhancements are still only scaled down to level 60, while being usable on characters - who can get them - as low as level 1. Scaling everything above 60 down to that level and making it available to all levels just adds the possibility of there being new BiS enchants for the low levels.

Yes Blizzard have lost customers, and yes, they have started making some improvements, but it's nothing when compared to the public apology from the CEO of the company, and the radical change in both openness and responsiveness to player feedback, that happened when EVE:Online's players felt that they were being ignored, and started cancelling subscriptions.

I honestly hope that Blizzard do make the effort, and in addition to adding availability of the enchants from over level 60 to low levels, also scale them down further than level 60, perhaps with brackets of 40 and 20. That would make a world of difference, and then perhaps even adding in head, shoulder and leg enhancements wouldn't be such an issue.

But I just don't expect that from Blizzard, at least until mid 6.x PTR, by which time they will have lost more customers. Players are just getting sick of waiting for changes to happen that have been in other games for years.

I AM wondering if f2ps will be able to get the Wintergrasp shoulder enchant.

You may be able to get, but you certainly can't use it unless changes are made.

• Inscription of Triumph
  • Binds when picked up
  • Use: Permanently adds 40 attack power and 15 resilience rating to a shoulder slot item.
    Enchanting the item causes it to become soulbound.
  • Requires Level 80

• Inscription of Dominance
  • Binds when picked up
  • Use: Permanently adds 23 spell power and 15 resilience rating to a shoulder slot item.
  • Requires Level 80

Btw, has anybody checked on the PTR if the Gladiator shoulder enchant, the one with 30+stam and 15+ rezil can be used by F2P? and if yes, what is the values scaled to our level? ( Because it's a BC enchant, i dont think it will scale down too much )

• Greater Inscription of the Gladiator
  • Binds when picked up
  • Use: Permanently adds 30 Stamina and 15 resilience rating to a shoulder slot item.
  • Requires Level 70

Same difference.

I thought the whole point of this thread was the changes being made. You currently can't use Mongoose, but that will change in 5.4.

I thought the whole point of this thread was the changes being made. You currently can't use Mongoose, but that will change in 5.4.

Yeah, no.

Let me illustrate.

rMzv22r.png

So unless changes are made. No you won't be binding a shoulder enchant as a F2P.

Ultimately it's down to whether or not someone at Blizzard has a 'Bright Idea™' and unlocks the enhancements to go with the enchantments. We probably won't know anything until the patch goes live, because they're not very good at testing everything that's going to be in patches on the PTR (probably because all the 'WFT is this, I don't even' items would flood forums with complaints, when pre-patch is supposed to be a joyful time of hopeful anticipation).

Users who are viewing this thread