DV's Confirmed 5.4 Information for F2P

are you kidding me man! MM doesnt even do good DMG, all it needs it Aim shot to be buff by 15% and MM is Good

lol wut aim shot can crit for 1k+ easy you must be doing something wrong. with my setup my max crit was 1.3k and i didn't even have my boa's, skinning, i may of had enchants, i don't remember. but before mop when i had a hunter on another server fully loomed with chants my max was in the 900's.

I dont see how thats possible, are you talking about the same cata where every hunter backpeddled in circles and laid waste to the entire field?

im not talking about scrub hunters that roll one because they want to feel cool. im talking about the hunters who have playing their class for 8 years and actually know what the fuck they are doing.

PTR says I need to download a patch yet the first pop up says my game is up to date. Any ideas?

PTR says I need to download a patch yet the first pop up says my game is up to date. Any ideas?

PTR isn't up yet, once it is up, you'll need to patch. Sometimes you have to re-install, but I wouldn't try that until we see screenshots.

u have to uninstall and reinstall - 1 of the fastest ways I remember. if that doesn't work than that means blizz has shut ptr down atm.

I'm still holding out for the mage changes...

Waiting to see mages can now cast frostbolt while moving.

No confirmation on anything yet, I won't be on PTR tonight--need to work on hellbat drops :p
Well idk... If blizz do that there might be big changes on other brackets. For f2p thats good but idk for other brackets.

One more, very important
Glorious Stats to chest does +80 stats,

But at level 20 is scales down to +3...

Other great new stats available for p2p though, more inc

Gems also scale down :p

Mongoose scales to 90 agility 22 haste at 20..., these changes vary pretty wildly

Just two examples
coupleofenchants.jpg

Get on ptr and see for yourself, but for now--these things are not available for f2p.

lol, some of these enchants are absolutely nuts, f2p will be screwed 100%, but then again it "may not go live" --> yeah right.

Last edited by a moderator:
One more, very important
Glorious Stats to chest does +80 stats,

But at level 20 is scales down to +3...

Other great new stats available for p2p though, more inc

Gems also scale down :p

Mongoose scales to 90 agility at 20..., these changes vary pretty wildly

so p2ps get 90+ agit extra with that moongose enchant! Wow thats too OP for a feral driud. like that is so much dmg.

Ok, done browsing for now.

Several enhancements have been adjusted for lower level, but I haven't found anything that is f2p accessible.

Enhancements that have not been adjusted may just not be scaling yet. No way to say how this will affect the power difference between 20s and 24s until further on into the PTR.

Wowhead seems to be trying to implement a scaling feature on their PTR version of the site, however it doesn't seem to be working Enchant Weapon - Spirit of Conquest - Spell - World of Warcraft -- this particular enchant scales to +62 intellect proc at level 20.

Gives 8 intellect, 4 resilience @ level 20.

However, level 85 required for purchase? I didn't have enough honor on this character to attempt the purchase.

Requires level 85. I tried, had 2200ish honor. The level 90 I rolled on PTR has max'd enchanting and gemcrafting. If I get ambitous, I'll make scrolls and mail them to my level 20s to see scaling. Probably ought to level to 24 but questing in a ghost town is spooky.

View attachment 2261View attachment 2260
The +25 agility that I had on the lava dredger did not scale down. Generally speaking, the level 90 enchants look worse that what is currently available when scaled down.

Before I get ripped for key binds, I haven't done any set up on this toon. I just transferred him over from my old paid account. ElvUI is what I normally use.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_061213_223511.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_061213_223511.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 232
  • WoWScrnShot_061213_223844.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_061213_223844.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 217
These are Hotfixes rather than for 5.4 but...

Hunter - General
Arcane Shot now deals 10% more damage.
Steady Shot now deals 10% more damage.

\0/

Any chance that lower enchs did scale up?

It appears that enchants only scale down, and then capped to the appropriate expansion level. I.E., MoP enchants are Cata level (85) between 85-81, Wrath level (80) between 80-71, TBC level (70) between 70-61, and Vanilla level (60) between 60-1.

Exact numbers are not confirmed, but this is my guess so far.

The +25 agility that I had on the lava dredger did not scale down. Generally speaking, the level 90 enchants look worse that what is currently available when scaled down.

I see these perks:
  • Boot enchants - right now 24's have the option of either +8% speed or a stat. 5.4 they'll be able to get +8% speed AND a stat (even though it scales down, it still better than no stat).
  • They get new stat options for most of their already enchanted gear slots.
  • They can enchant shoulders now.
Looks like a pretty big buff to me.

I see these perks:
  • Boot enchants - right now 24's have the option of either +8% speed or a stat. 5.4 they'll be able to get +8% speed AND a stat (even though it scales down, it still better than no stat).
  • They get new stat options for most of their already enchanted gear slots.
  • They can enchant shoulders now.
Looks like a pretty big buff to me.

Leg enchants and Shoulder enchants will widen the gap for sure since they currently aren't possible f2p. Casters can get 19 int and 4 crit. Denounce spamming level 24 holy pallys and face rolling shadow priests just became that much worse.

Hunter pet changes. Source is MM-champion and this is probably data-mined and might not be official. It seems like they are bumping up alot of passives and CD's from pet trees, including Bullheaded and Roar of Sacrifice.

Cunning
Boar's Speed Increases your pet's movement speed by 30%. Pets - LvL 30 Talent. None - Cunning Spec.
Bullheaded Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your pet, and reduces damage done to your pet by 20% for 12 sec. Pets - LvL 75 Talent. Instant. 3 min cooldown. None - Cunning Spec. Instant. 3 min cooldown.
Roar of Sacrifice Protects a friendly target from critical strikes, making attacks against that target unable to be critical strikes, but 20% of all damage taken by that target is also taken by the pet. Lasts 12 sec. Pets - LvL 75 Talent None - Cunning Spec. 40 yd range. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.

Ferocity
Heart of the Phoenix When used, your pet will miraculously return to life with full health. Pets - LvL 60 Talent. Instant. 8 min cooldown. None - Ferocity Spec. Instant. 8 min cooldown.
Rabid Increases your pet's attack speed by 70% for 20 sec. Pets - LvL 75 Talent. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown. None - Ferocity Spec. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown.

Ferocity & Cunning
Dash Increases your pet's movement speed by 80% for 16 sec. Pets - LvL 15 Talent None - Ferocity & Cunning Spec. 30 Focus. Instant. 32 sec cooldown.

Tenacity
Charge Your pet charges an enemy, immobilizing the target for 1 sec, and increasing the pet's melee attack power by 25% for its next attack. Pets - LvL 15 Talent None - Tenacity Spec. 35 Focus. 8-25 yd range. Instant. 25 sec cooldown.
Last Stand Your pet temporarily gains 30% of its maximum health for 20 sec. After the effect expires, the health is lost. Pets - LvL 75 Talent. Instant. 6 min cooldown. None - Tenacity Spec. Instant. 6 min cooldown.

Hunter pet changes. Source is MM-champion and this is probably data-mined and might not be official. It seems like they are bumping up alot of passives and CD's from pet trees, including Bullheaded and Roar of Sacrifice.
If I understood this correctly, hunter pets at this level are losing heart of the phoenix, rabid, roar of sacrifice, bullheaded, and boar's speed. Cunning/ferocity specced pets will have dash, while tenacity pets will have charge.

Users who are viewing this thread