DV's Confirmed 5.4 Information for F2P

Deadvulcano

Legend
Update: 11-Jun-2013
Build 17056:
???

It's that time again. Time to separate fact from fiction in the "Confirmed 5.4 Information for F2P" thread.

The first patch for 5.4 will be up soon enough and this thread will contain only confirmed information from users on the PTR.

I expect more adventurous changes this time around, in other words, I expect things to be wildly adjusted as the developer team adjusts to this faster cycle.

Users:
This information is correct according to the PTR and the named provider. Information on the PTR will be changing as we get updates.

Everything is subject to change. However, the PTR reflects information that reveals the intent of the developers and anything that continues to survive to the release candidate is very likely to go live.

Contributors, there can be multiple per class:
Unfortunately, I can only confirm changes for level 20s that affect my limited range of transferred characters.

I'm looking for individuals that are willing to check their class information on the PTR. Checking ptr notes on mmo-champ/wowhead/etc is not sufficient for this thread, but should give you a good idea of where to look. If you'd like to be a class lead, please make sure you have a copy of your character on the PTR and make updates as new information is available.

Your forum name will be listed by the appropriate update for your class, or any other general updates that you spot.

Be careful about updates on patch notes, frequently these changes mean changes to information on the PTR itself and my not reflect an accurate change from live.

Best practices:
  • Verify PTR changes against values on live for every change that is listed in PTR notes.
  • Keep eyes peeled for changes in the value of stats, sometimes the value of a stat, such as resilience will change.
Mage:
  • Deadvulcano

OMFG,

I'll need help to confirm the effectiveness of this... but it will probably hurt f2p significantly, unless of course BoA's become trade-able from p2p accounts 'somehow':

Blizzard said:
Source: 5.4 PTR Coming Soon! - World of Warcraft
  • All permanent item enhancements provided by Enchanting, Engineering, Leatherworking, Tailoring, and various vendors and quests are now able to be applied to items of any level. This means all enchantments can now be applied to heirloom items.
  • High level enhancements applied to items equipped by low level players have their power scaled down to be similar to enhancements intended for that level range.

it will probably hurt f2p significantly, unless of course BoA's become trade-able from p2p accounts 'somehow':

Or unless it tones down the enchants so much that even the enchants that are currently useable but are ridiculously over what is attainable at that level (+15/25 agil, ect) are also scaled, in which case it could be a good thing... maybe.

That's optimism and wishful thinking talking of course, I highly doubt this will be the case :(

Thanks as always for checking this stuff out Dead.

but it will probably hurt f2p significantly...

On second thought... this may actually end up scaling down OP p2p enchants... as in +30 spell power may become something like +3 spell power, etc. Actual data not available yet, I suppose I'll need to xfer one of my enchanters.

I'm still holding out for the mage changes...

Waiting to see mages can now cast frostbolt while moving.

No confirmation on anything yet, I won't be on PTR tonight--need to work on hellbat drops :p

scaled down or not, this means more enchants for P2P players which they don't have now

- shoulder
- legs anything will be better than just armor kits
- boa rings

along with more custom and not seen enchants on their other items at low level. this depends on scaling that they apply. like a high level boot enchant may add 4 of a stat and minor speed, which of course will be better than just minor speed

this may somewhat help F2Ps, a P2P player with 15 agi on their weapon (was a 45+ ench) or gloves (a 60+ ench) may scale way down. same with 22int to weapon may scale down to 3-6 int to weapon in our bracket.

Last edited by a moderator:
General

Arcane Shot had its damage and focus cost increased by 50%.

Talents

Aspect of the Iron Hawk now reduces all damage taken by 10%, down from 15%.
my god blizz you cant be serious.

Warlock change looks nice. Will see if it affects level 20

Only real important issue are the high end enchant scaling down numbers.

This could change the game into "Dont worry too much about 24's" or "Quit playing until next patch"

Last edited by a moderator:
scaled down or not, this means more enchants for P2P players which they don't have now

- shoulder
- legs anything will be better than just armor kits
- boa rings

along with more custom and not seen enchants on their other items at low level. this depends on scaling that they apply. like a high level boot enchant may add 4 of a stat and minor speed, which of course will be better than just minor speed

this may somewhat help F2Ps, a P2P player with 15 agi on their weapon (was a 45+ ench) or gloves (a 60+ ench) may scale way down. same with 22int to weapon may scale down to 3-6 int to weapon in our bracket.

Unless they only do BC+ enchants, then yes, vanilla enchants will scale down too. However, none of these changes will help F2Ps directly unless they are allowed to trade, use the mail box, or train better recipes.

As it stands, helm/shoulder/leg enchants will be useable by twinks again, and even though they will scale, they will still offer benefits that F2Ps won't have access to.

Arcane Shot had its damage and focus cost increased by 50%. XP

Silencing Shot is no longer a talent and is now an ability for Marksman Hunters.. Please god don't let this be a level 20 ability...

More Focus , more damage, but u need to use Steady Shot more often!!

Oh yea!!! hope MM is viable like it was in Cata, and nerf SV, buff BM, and lets hope they make Hunters not so OP. Anyways hope we get Silencing shot at 20! End of healers right there.

Oh yea!!! hope MM is viable like it was in Cata, and nerf SV, buff BM, and lets hope they make Hunters not so OP. Anyways hope we get Silencing shot at 20! End of healers right there.

MM is viable it doesn't need to be changed and SV always been better than BM(-5.0-5.1) and I like it that way :D

Users who are viewing this thread