DV's Confirmed 5.4 Information for F2P

Just in today, check the patch notes under "Hunter" again:

Beast Mastery
Kill Command damage has been increased by 34%.
Marksman
Aimed Shot now deals 450% ranged weapon damage (up from 350%).
Survival
Explosive Shot damage has been increased by 27%.

For those saying PTR is only PTR, sure, because it can get worse too.

while I understand you only started playing druid in Mists of Pandaria, let me tell you it didn't used to be this way.
-
Healing is awful, it was skilless before with 2-3 buttons, but at the very least you went oom and had heal/holy light/etc to predict preemptive healing.

-Every class has lost that so its skilless-rejuv/FoL/healing surge/flash heal.
-
Druids used to be different-they OOMed quickly and heals didn't heal as much.
-Their stealth and ability to shift out somewhat made up for that-for the most part every other healer got fucked once hunters found you and latched on with their conc shot lock.

Now it isn't healing-awful garbage. Everything that you call ''healer'' is so stupid, like 80% of wow spells and deserves further battle fatigue.

I play a healer myself though..someones gotta do the three button dirty skilless work.

Since the last few days of Cata actually, literally. But before you consider increasing battle fatigue at all hunters need to lose some of the buffs they got, and definitely not get any of the 5.4 buffs. It doesn't help that we can't increase our resilience that much anymore either. Healers should be able to out heal at least 1 DPS, even a hunter, or else they would be pointless and you wouldn't need as much teamwork to focus one guy. I don't find being a healer as boring as you think either.

can't wait and I hope it does get worse. otherwise I might have to throw my computer out the window in order to quit this game.

Lol, this just proves Blizzard doesn't have a clue what they're doing, at least to our bracket and others below max level (or they are purposely trying to kill our bracket to an extreme as a further attempt to get us to subscribe)! What, they never learned from how OP hunters were in Cata and think repeatedly buffing them (and nerfing heals) is going to offset the level 60 enchants or something? That's just making things worse.

Sure they don't actively try to balance low level PvP but they should still care somewhat. All they have to do, aside from better enchant scaling, is apply those buffs to level 85 and up only, just like shield slam, but no! That or/and either lower our battle fatigue value accordingly so that it's lower than a level 90s (since our base resilience is also lower than them now) or just buff our base resilience up to the same as level 90s (this is how it was in 5.0-5.2). It'd make it easier to keep a balance for all brackets.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing they want to keep PvP leveling a Kafka-esqe nightmare, in order to keep the zones full.

Since the last few days of Cata actually, literally. But before you consider increasing battle fatigue at all hunters need to lose some of the buffs they got, and definitely not get any of the 5.4 buffs. It doesn't help that we can't increase our resilience that much anymore either. Healers should be able to out heal at least 1 DPS, even a hunter, or else they would be pointless and you wouldn't need as much teamwork to focus one guy. I don't find being a healer as boring as you think either.

well there you go..I have been a healing noob since beginning of cata. Did you know that hunters used to have 40% crit with 15 agil glowy enchants? And 65% with 20 agil gems? And close to 900 Attack power if gemmed?
And that you used to have less health, getting 2k health or 2.3k was considered almost a feat? That trinket was 5 minutes and if you got put into a conc shot it was game over? And healing was still somewhat fine even then was long as there wasn't too many of those gay 24s.

Now heling is stupidly boring,easy and gay, how do I know-because I do it myself and find it awful but I still like the skilless button mashing.

well there you go..I have been a healing noob since beginning of cata. Did you know that hunters used to have 40% crit with 15 agil glowy enchants? And 65% with 20 agil gems? And close to 900 Attack power if gemmed?
And that you used to have less health, getting 2k health or 2.3k was considered almost a feat? That trinket was 5 minutes and if you got put into a conc shot it was game over? And healing was still somewhat fine even then was long as there wasn't too many of those gay 24s.

Now heling is stupidly boring,easy and gay, how do I know-because I do it myself and find it awful but I still like the skilless button mashing.

I know getting even 2k health as a druid was hard before 5.2 because both our gear and level didn't scale to 24. In fact outside of a battleground it's still just as hard. Also, the 5 minute trinket wasn't that long ago, last patch in fact. Didn't know low level hunter's could gem in cata or get that high crit and attack power just from some agi though. You sure you aren't exaggerating a bit? I thought 65% crit was what level 1 rogues could get or something, not level 20 hunters. Heals still aren't as good as they were in 5.2 (resto druid heal buff) or even 5.0/early 5.1 (only 15% battle fatigue). Next patch it's gonna get a lot worse.

Lol, this just proves Blizzard doesn't have a clue what they're doing, at least to our bracket and others below max level (or they are purposely trying to kill our bracket to an extreme as a further attempt to get us to subscribe)! What, they never learned from how OP hunters were in Cata and think repeatedly buffing them (and nerfing heals) is going to offset the level 60 enchants or something? That's just making things worse.

Sure they don't actively try to balance low level PvP but they should still care somewhat. All they have to do, aside from better enchant scaling, is apply those buffs to level 85 and up only, just like shield slam, but no! That or/and either lower our battle fatigue value accordingly so that it's lower than a level 90s (since our base resilience is also lower than them now) or just buff our base resilience up to the same as level 90s (this is how it was in 5.0-5.2). It'd make it easier to keep a balance for all brackets.

They don't balance around leveling content. With that said, hunters are OP in pvp at max. So i this must be a pve "fix" Anyway, nerfs and buffs are just part of the game, and hunters have been op for awhile. Not much you can do but bend over for blizzard and say thank you. Or you could, you know, quit.

Did you know that hunters used to have 40% crit with 15 agil glowy enchants? And 65% with 20 agil gems? And close to 900 Attack power if gemmed?
These numbers are not correct. Even if you stacked crit on a 24 you wouldnt even see more then like 25% crit (not talking about gems). Nowadays after the hunter change you can almost reach 40% crit on a hunter. Not back then, they just hitted hard.

They don't balance around leveling content. With that said, hunters are OP in pvp at max. So i this must be a pve "fix" Anyway, nerfs and buffs are just part of the game, and hunters have been op for awhile. Not much you can do but bend over for blizzard and say thank you. Or you could, you know, quit.

Hunters are not that OP at 90 just at 20.

huntards dominate the WHOLE lowlvl (well at lvl 60+ they need atleast a bit brain do rule) and even at lvl 90 BM hunters are ridiculously.
no problem

These numbers are not correct. Even if you stacked crit on a 24 you wouldnt even see more then like 25% crit (not talking about gems). Nowadays after the hunter change you can almost reach 40% crit on a hunter. Not back then, they just hitted hard.

yes they did lol. Ofcourse I was factoring in 8 agil elixlir, wolf buff and 24 agil from cat. Maaaybe energizing spores.

With f2p gear+wolf /cat buff and energizing spores my eyepatches had 32% crit in cata,

hunters are OP in pvp at max. So i this must be a pve "fix" Anyway, nerfs and buffs are just part of the game, and hunters have been op for awhile.

Oh yeah, so you're saying they are just blindly buffing and nerfing stuff to give us a hard time... wonderful. If it ain't broke, don't fix it... or at least don't go through the effort to make it worse...

Users who are viewing this thread