DV's Confirmed 5.4 Information for F2P

All those super OP enchantments... yey :/ Wish they'd be disabled in pvp.

Can't blizz just come up with something like that? Disable all enchantments in pvp until... hmmm level 85? But well, I guess they like to put some pressure onto people to buy their crap so ou won't get stomped into the ground anymore.

Warhammer online f2p, here I come...again.

People whined about Holy Shock and Shield Slam being too strong in lower level brackets... they got nerfed, hopefully those enchants will be scaled down further if they whine about them on the official forums alot! Would be nice they scaled on per level basis like gear does now, and not like they do now. If they implemented it on gear. And if Blizzy implemented the scaling on gear, i guess it wouldn't b much work to do the same for enchants...
Just a note for those with p2p accounts - go to the PTR or Battleground forums and spread the word ;)

General

• Vengeance now grants Attack Power equal to 1.5% of the damage taken, down from 1.8% (The tooltip said 2% but it was actually 1.8%).
  • Tanks no longer receive Vengeance from many persistent area damage effects (standing in the fire) or from missed attacks (dodging and parrying an attack will continue to work as it has before).
  • There are now diminishing returns on Vengeance gains while tanking multiple targets. Each additional target grants progressively less Vengeance.
[/INDEX]

Source

Aelobin et al in the 80/85 solo thread won't be happy. Standing in the fire is a core mechanic for protpal and dk extreme soloers.

But f this game. It sucks. Every time I log in, I sit there for a sec then immediately log back off.​

Shield Slam [...] got nerfed

It got nerfed from 500 to 400 damage...
There was no real tweaking, Blizzard half-assedly reduced the AP-scaling by 50% for <85 characters, which is nothing.
I recently made a p2p prot warrior and I crit 3k Shield Slam at level 30 (together with 3k Revenge, 1k Devastate and 2.5k Execute in a 3-4k hp bracket). Believe me, there was hardly any change, it's just that you don't see as many prot warriors as before because hunters are now better again.

Druid
Balance
  • Eclipse now energizes the Druid for 50% of their maximum mana when triggered, up from 35%.
  • Moonkin Form now increases the Druid's armor by 60%, but no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%.
  • Starfire has its mana cost increased by 50%.
  • Starsurge has its mana cost increased by 50%.
  • All specs-Bear Form now increases Stamina contribution from cloth and leather items by 40% (up from 20%).
  • Restoration
  • Swiftmend's area-of-effect healing effect is now called Efflorescence.
  • 75SC9Y9ZUYHL1288055895690.gif
    Hunter
    General
    • The following Hunter pet abilities no longer cost Focus to use: Dash, Dive, and Charge.
    • Arcane Shot had its damage and focus cost increased by 50%.
    • Counter Shot is now a baseline interrupt ability learned by all Hunters at level 22.
    • Deterrence now has a 3-minute cooldown (up from 2 minutes) but has 2 charges.
    • Disengage now has a cooldown of 20 seconds (down from 25 seconds).
    • Hunter's Mark now has a duration of 20 seconds while in PvP combat (down from 30 seconds).
    • Readiness has been removed.
    • Revive Pet no longer requires the Hunter to have line-of-sight to their pet.
  • WJR71RF90Z181288055909966.gif
    Mage
  • Frostbolt no longer increases the damage of any spells. The damage for those spells have been increased instead.
  • Waterbolt damage has been increased by 25%.
  • GQP563QMH24P1288055940834.gif
    Paladin

Holy
    • Judgment for Holy Paladins now costs 12% of base mana to cast (up from 5% of base mana).
    • Protection
      • Crusader Strike now applies a Weakened Blows effect to the target for Protection Paladins.
    • 2I4XJW6A6UZY1288055986502.gif
      Rogue
      General
      • Evasion now increases dodge chance by 100% (was 50%), cooldown has been reduced to 2 minutes (down from 3 minutes), and duration has been reduced to 10 seconds (down from 15 seconds).
      • Eviscerate now deals 10% less damage.
      • Recuperate now restores 4% of maximum health every 3 seconds, up from 3%.
      • Sinister Strike deals an increased 190% of weapon damage (up from 145%), but now costs 50 Energy (up from 40 Energy).
      • Sub-
      • Hemorrhage now deals 160% weapons damage (up from 140%); 232% weapons damage if a dagger is equipped (up from 203% for daggers).
    • Priest
    • Shadow
      • Shadowform now increases the Priest's armor by 60%, but no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%.

Grabbed everything i could spot that applied to us. Sorry it looks sloppy heres where i pulled it from 5.4 PTR Patch Notes - August 7 - World of Warcraft

Slam now deals 50% more damage, but the Rage cost has been increased by 50% as well. While Sweeping Strikes is active, Slam will deal 35% of damage dealt against the primary target to all other enemies within 2 yards, and targets affected by Colossus Smash receives 10% more damage.
Omg omg omg Fuckkkkkkkkkkn ya

Slam now deals 50% more damage, but the Rage cost has been increased by 50% as well. While Sweeping Strikes is active, Slam will deal 35% of damage dealt against the primary target to all other enemies within 2 yards, and targets affected by Colossus Smash receives 10% more damage.

How is that any good? Most of it doesn't apply to us and rage is kind of an issue for Arms...

If you Charge and Mortal Strike+Melee hit, you should be at 44 rage coming from my experience, which is enough for either 2 Slams, Sunder+Slam or TC+Slam in that time frame before your next melee hit so with 50% more rage cost, you'll only be able to do 1 Slam or Sunder+TC in the same time you could have 2 Slams, and 50% more slam < 2 Slams...

It allows you to cram in more damage in a shorter amount of time . Frankly I might reroll my warrior as a trol. But that's irelivant . Idk how you fail to see the beauty of the 50% but now I will just be seeing a lot more 1k+ slams .

Hmm, but right now you can do Charge->MS+Auto->Slam->Slam I believe, due to the 20 rage requirement. If it changes to 30, you might only be able to do Charge->MS+Auto->Slam if the previous combo consumed all rage (not sure haven't tried for awhile).

How much rage does one white swing give assuming BAR?

Do we know if Slam's increase applies like 220% + 61 -> 330% + 91.5, or is it 270% + 91.5? Cause there is a massive difference between the two, and the latter would basically be a huge nerf.

Hmm, but right now you can do Charge->MS+Auto->Slam->Slam I believe, due to the 20 rage requirement. If it changes to 30, you might only be able to do Charge->MS+Auto->Slam if the previous combo consumed all rage (not sure haven't tried for awhile).

How much rage does one white swing give assuming BAR?

Do we know if Slam's increase applies like 220% + 61 -> 330% + 91.5, or is it 270% + 91.5? Cause there is a massive difference between the two, and the latter would basically be a huge nerf.
Assuming it is going to e the same model as the buff to arcane shot which is the first one you stated . And really arms warriors blow up very we things other than clothiers insde of a charge . Big damage is from tot with massive rage dumps combine with charge after you hit you white hits . Swing timers help with this . Worgen plus swift pot makes thiseven easier .

Rogues look like they are gonna be getting buffed better than hunters. 100% dodge during evasion and reduced cooldown to 2 min. It almost seems like it is to directly counter hunters.

Assuming it is going to e the same model as the buff to arcane shot which is the first one you stated . And really arms warriors blow up very we things other than clothiers insde of a charge . Big damage is from tot with massive rage dumps combine with charge after you hit you white hits . Swing timers help with this . Worgen plus swift pot makes thiseven easier .

It allows you to cram in more damage in a shorter amount of time . Frankly I might reroll my warrior as a trol. But that's irelivant . Idk how you fail to see the beauty of the 50% but now I will just be seeing a lot more 1k+ slams .

I know what you're saying, cause that's the obvious intent, but what Fujin0 and I are worried about is that the warrior combo might be skewed due to the increased cost.

In one charge combo, you might miss out on one Slam. In order to get that extra rage, you will need to wait 3.8 seconds after your first white swing, which by then, the 'burst' is over and therefore your window of opportunity to kill someone might already be gone.

You gain 50% damage, and require less GCD, but if your rage can't keep up, then it's actually inferior to the current Slam which plays very smoothly on the F2P rage generation (white hits, mortal strike).

Again, I honestly have no idea (I should probably log in and try it out right now and see) if this is an actual issue, but you can't just theory craft without looking at all the factors. It's like what I was discussing over in the arms warrior thread. How is 23% so much better than 22%? I do not understand that. 20% and 25% are huge land marks due to 1/5 and 1/4 critical, but numbers like 21, 22, 23, 24 are barely an improvement IF we require to sacrifice other equal stats to it (course someone else told me to believe him in these supposed tests and such so whatever). In order for 21% crit to matter more than 20% crit, you would need to hit 100 attacks. That's never going to happen on one target, so essentially that 1% is wasted stat.

TL;DR: The concern is whether or not the new Slam might take up too much rage, and cause you to lose out on extra damage that would only take 1 extra GCD, while requiring to wait nearly 4 seconds in order to catch up.

Funny enough, if the rage requirements margin error is within 10, then Blood Elf all of a sudden becomes more top tier than Orc, due to the ability to gain one extra Slam and therefore adding to the burst.

What you are saying makes sense if you are fresh with no rage and just charging in . I find that out of all the times I charge a healer or anyone in general ( unless I'm playing d) I almost always haveage stored up . Also .... Rage pots ..... Seems they just became viable !

Users who are viewing this thread