Dragonflight Stat Squish

I wouldnt go crazy about any of it yet, there's no way it goes live as it is. Beta is down right now, but trying to see what ilvl each bracket falls under... my 39 had an ilvl 143 epic weapon (warforged, tho), vs 112 at 29, but I dont remember much more. I'd figure all the stats are going to plummet back down to reasonable levels below 60 really soon.

What actually concerns me about 20 vs 29 is the talents, soooo lackluster at 20. So many abilities out of reach right now.

Dunno how they can, it's all fugged up. Beta is supposed to be broken, sometimes at least... ptr I dont know about.

I swear I’ve only gotten avoidance procs.

looks like I won’t be taking aoe damage… for the 2 days this stays live

Not gonna lie, this prospect of dungeon gear grinding actually has me hyped for making a new character (I love soloing dungeons). And I finally decided which class I'm playing this time around.
Well, which class is it :thinking:

They’ve taken the Beast out of Beast Master so I’m going to stick with Blood DK, but I’ll be honest Prot Warrior is looking very tempting…..

So i read this earlier today but forgot where, finally found it again:

The result is that in Dragonflight, each level will increase your quest rewards by 3 item levels, instead of the current values.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/possib...n-dragonflight-smoother-scaling-from-1-328797

So with that, i guess the ilvl difference between 20 and 29 on beta is about right? And then between 29 and 39 too... beta went down for an update so I couldnt do more looking into it, but it really could be "intended" for the item levels to be where they are now on beta.... the dungeons being screwed up and level-gated, for sure no tho. Cant be.

Sorry if this is old news, I only took notice when I finally copied over a few different level characters. But.... ew.

They’ve taken the Beast out of Beast Master

Survival too. Not a huge fan of it but it felt so limited on beta at 20 with the lack of talent choices/points. Bleh.

edit- BUT... it was fun as hell running around stormwind at like 160% speed on foot with trailblazer and minor speed and pet buff and such. :LUL:

Last edited:
Well, which class is it :thinking:
I won't spoil that until prepatch day, but I'll give you a hint: it's a class with no pets/summons from skills

They’ve taken the Beast out of Beast Master
I actually think it'd be more fun switching to BM over staying MM if I kept my hunter. MM didn't keep any of their old talents and most of their new talents are just passives I had by default during SL. I'm basically the same hunter except I lose Serpent Sting for Kill Shot, and I'd prefer the utility of Serpent Sting.

I must've missed it, but it seems the new way to gear for 20/29 will be hoping to get the blues from WoDwith prefered secondaries and a speed/leech to turn purple? Seems most say sockets aren't popping up anymore as they were probably a glitch from timewalking. Why aren't the TBC sockets bis? Is it because for classes like Bear/Arcane where Mastery does so much like hp and mana regen that Mastery/Vers gear would have more benifit and not lack that far behind than if you had the sockets?

20s who are dedicated (there are a lot of them!) in full epic gear with tert will be able to go toe to toe against lazy 29s who are in blues.

Even i plan to play my skullflame 20 hpal.

Users who are viewing this thread