Dragonflight Stat Squish

So. That dungeon scaling mechanic I mentioned for shadowlands is back, this time it’s a viewable buff called “Shadowlands Scaling Aura”.

I’m hoping that it’s a temporary mechanic in place for beta, but it modifies my character in all the ways mentioned previously, character level and item level - just like for Korraks, which basically rewards you for being higher character level with low ilv gear.

https://blizzardwatch.com/2022/10/11/dragonflight-pre-patch-date/ said:
Today we got a hint about the date of the pre-patch (aka patch 10.0) for the latest World of Warcraft expansion Dragonflight, with official word that Shadowlands Season 4 will be ending with the regional resets during the week of October 25.
There’s a lot coming with patch 10.0 so finally having an expected arrival date is good. Completely revamped talent trees and customizable user interface will be available to play around with immediately.

well, can't wait to play with the new talents starting next week.

So i read this earlier today but forgot where, finally found it again:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/possib...n-dragonflight-smoother-scaling-from-1-328797

So with that, i guess the ilvl difference between 20 and 29 on beta is about right? And then between 29 and 39 too... beta went down for an update so I couldnt do more looking into it, but it really could be "intended" for the item levels to be where they are now on beta.... the dungeons being screwed up and level-gated, for sure no tho. Cant be.

Sorry if this is old news, I only took notice when I finally copied over a few different level characters. But.... ew.

Survival too. Not a huge fan of it but it felt so limited on beta at 20 with the lack of talent choices/points. Bleh.

edit- BUT... it was fun as hell running around stormwind at like 160% speed on foot with trailblazer and minor speed and pet buff and such. :LUL:

looking at the red line there will be a huge difference between a 20 vs 29, if they do this based on the chart every twink past like level-11 is blown and will require a complete regear

a level 20 gets 3.91% vers from runeblade and 3.91% vers from circle of flame in DF (according to beta scaling on wowhead)

i.e., it won't be hard to hit 30% vers.

sure a 29 gets even more, but diminishing returns is a thing.

So is for 20s

true, but now a 20 can hit the softcap for 2 secondaries easily.

this stat overhaul provides more "relative" benefit to 20s than 29s.

until they get scaled up to 29 in BG/area and then jsut have less stats than a 29 would

yes, but still a lot more than before.

think about it this way, a simple example:

before DF power level: level 20 = 50, 29 =150

after DF: level 20 = 100, 29 = 180

I thought this post, in particular, was the most obvious bait I've seen from you yet - and it still got bites PepeLaugh

unsure what you mean, i have several friends who have been gearing up their 20s with WoD epics in preparation for DF PvP.

No one is gearing their 20 expecting to have a chance against 29s
We are just hoping that 29s are getting booted from the bracket sometime in DF

wouldn't the correct thing to hope for here be to combine exp-on and exp-off queues?

like, why would you want less people to queue up and less variety?

sure, if you insist to play 20 (that's a personal choice), then you will be less powerful than 29s, but you would still be more OP than almost all exp-on folks.

I rather take the 15min queue and play against 20s than take a 9min queue and play against 29s.

Think about it like a chess game. It is your own choice to not use your rooks, but now you wish rooks to be banned from professional chess.

I don't play 29 because it's easier than 20 but because I am a competitive person and I do everything (as long as it's ethical and honest) I can to maximize my team's winning chances.

Again, it's your choice to stay at 20 in a 20-29 bracket.

Ah yes, I’m gonna abandon my F2P account with over 200 days played, why didn’t I think of that?

A 29 takes less than 24 hours to make...

And it will be more powerful than your 200 days /played 20.

I think the most optimal path forward is painfully obvious here (roll a 29).

Users who are viewing this thread