EU+US [CONFIRMED] GAMEBREAKING new 19 item!!

Release information?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
so are they not that op someone fill me in

In general, they are only OP with outlaw rogues and possibly prot warriors. Monks, casters who can wield swords, and anyone who can put it in their offhand are only getting the ilvl boost, which is minor and probably 1 stam, 1 agi, and 1 armor or so depending on the rest of your gear.

It looks like blizz may have changed something based on some of the reports of "meh" that have been posted. Haven't actually gotten enough numbers or testing anything myself though to know for sure.

I thought grey items don't boost ilvl, there are TONS of gray iL 369 items from mob drops and chests without level reqs

I thought grey items don't boost ilvl, there are TONS of gray iL 369 items from mob drops and chests without level reqs

Gray (and white) items certainly do boost ilvl. There was a rumor that they might not, but it hasn't be implemented to the best of my knowledge.

I've seen the ilvl 369 gray items that you're talking about, and a lot of earlier posts in this thread are me bringing them up and trying to figure out if they are possible. Turns out that they DO have a level 100 requirement, but once you meet that requirement it is hidden on the tooltip. This is something new, so it does look like you can get them on low levels, but its been confirmed that you cannot use them until level 100. Try having a high level link the item in chat and have a low level look at it - you'll be able to see the level requirement.

Can anyone confirm if there are questing requirements for the mob to spawn that drops the sword or is it just always a chance for them to be there or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone confirm if there are questing requirements for the mob to spawn that drops the sword or is it just always a chance for them to be there or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No requirements at all, if you could kill them on a Level 1 you have the same chance at the item dropping as a 110 does.

EDIT: I've checked 4 days in a row without the right mobs spawning, then all the sudden they're there.

Even before unlocking world quests, you can be phased into one of the two phases that have mobs that drop the swords. It does feel like 75% of the time are the stupid fel hound guys though.

Just tested one on my rogue. A little OP? yeah, but not game-breaking. My ambush hits about 200 points harder with this equipt in mainhand with no procs. If this were pre-stat squish, it would be very OP. But for now, it's basically just a step-up from shadowfang/warforged stuff.. I doubt Enti's sword would be much better in Legion.

But does anyone know if these are good for ret paladins?

Just tested one on my rogue. A little OP? yeah, but not game-breaking. My ambush hits about 200 points harder with this equipt in mainhand with no procs. If this were pre-stat squish, it would be very OP. But for now, it's basically just a step-up from shadowfang/warforged stuff.. I doubt Enti's sword would be much better in Legion.

But does anyone know if these are good for ret paladins?

2 handed is the better option for ret as you lose abilities with 1 handed however prot is decent with it can beat most people in world pvp and instanced pvp.

No source for http://www.wowhead.com/item=132150/draconic-femur yet? Seems like an enhance shammy would really appreciate the increased lava lash damage assuming of course that a slower off hand would boost it's damage...

With pvp templates, anything that says "offhand damage" is actually using .5*mainhand damage. So you would really only need the femur in the mainhand. It wouldn't fix the problem of enhance shammies not having abilities until late 20s...but it would make it better.

But no, theres been no sign of the other items yet.

Last edited:
So you would really only need one mainhand.
Thought it was impossible to have more than one main-hand weapon....not sure what you meant here.
It wouldn't fix the problem of enhance shammies not having abilities until late 20s...but it would make it better.
True. Let's not forget that lots of people played 19/20/29 MM hunters in WoD though....apparently 2 button rotation is appealing.

If the weapon does drop right now, I'm guessing it's from vykrul or storm drake mobs just judging by the name.

Thought it was impossible to have more than one main-hand weapon....not sure what you meant here.

I was just clarifying that putting a slow weapon in your offhand doesn't actually affect lava lash in pvp. You would need to use the Femur in the mainhand for lava lash to gain a significant boost. Using it in the offhand would only increase ilvl by a small amount (perhaps 1 or so more stam/agi/armor).

True. Let's not forget that lots of people played 19/20/29 MM hunters in WoD though....apparently 2 button rotation is appealing.

If the weapon does drop right now, I'm guessing it's from vykrul or storm drake mobs just judging by the name.

Its not so much the difficulty so much as the viability. Enhance shamans traditionally have lacked key abilities at 19 that made them fairly meh except in certain niche scenarios (off-healing, burst, purge, interupt in arena 3s/5s). I haven't looked to much into them since Legion dropped - but I was under the impression they are still rather meh...though I guess flurry has been removed...

Can you tell me about the basic rotation/priorites for enhance? Which talent(s) are good? I may have to try it out.

2 handed is the better option for ret as you lose abilities with 1 handed however prot is decent with it can beat most people in world pvp and instanced pvp.

Side note for prot - at 19, only Hammer of the Righteous is based on weapon damage. So the slow weapon speed would really only boost that one skill. Not sure how prot pally pvps - I think most of their abilities get a 50% damage reduction with the pvp template.

Can you tell me about the basic rotation/priorites for enhance? Which talent(s) are good? I may have to try it out
Sure I'll go off-topic for a sec. Hot hand is absolutely going to be your best talent as it buffs http://www.wowhead.com/spell=60103/lava-lashdamage by 100% increased dmg while http://www.wowhead.com/spell=193796/flametongue is active. Windsong is ok and boulderfist is the worst out of the 3.

Enhance is way better than it was in wod for people that are below stormstrike level imo.....the only weird things is http://www.wowhead.com/spell=188070/healing-surge taking up maelstrom if available, so it's not like the old healing surge. It heals for a lot when it does consume maelstrom and is instant, so it feels more like lay on hands than a hard casted heal most of the time.

The spec has mobility and great self-heals, but no CC and only one hard hitting spell. It's worth mentioning that I haven't played it since pre-patch, so it could do more dmg/less dmg/less/more healing etc....

Well, after much time spent not giving a shit, i figure i might as well try to farm this on my 110. I have a bunch of Feltotem idiots instead of legionnaires. I see someone allude to it being a phasing thing earlier in the thread - has anyone with the "wrong" phase mobs ever successfully got the "correct" mobs to appear?

Do i need to go run some dungeons and come back later? Can i force it somehow?

edit - use group finder to jump through the very fabric of reality. i think im making progress

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread