Can you solo any instances at lvl 20 F2P?

Soloed it 3 times before the legs dropped. I've had good loot luck overall. Each run took just under 30 minutes.
It was one of the first dungeons I went to solo, so I could probably do it much better now.

The battles all require good crowd controlling via Freezing Trap and taunting off with pet. Thrall can also take aggro from a mob. Utilize this because after each battle, Thrall heals back to full.

On the actual Epoch dragon fight, hiding behind buildings at correct times to avoid the DoT as long as possible and making sure Thrall does NOT get hit very often will make a lot of difference. A very important thing to note: the fight doesn't reset if you die IF THRALL IS ALIVE! He will take aggro, and you can actually MOUNT UP AND RUN BACK TO THE FIGHT if he has a loot of health! If you did really good DpS during the first life, you should be able to clean up the fight when you run back. The DoT he gives is brutal, so if you get it, you may as well go full DpS against him. Leech plus Exhilaration and the engineering belt heal (highly recommended but I didn't have it when I soloed) will keep you up a bit longer.

This is from a hunter's perspective, of course. I have no plans to play any other class, so I don't know how tough dungeons are for them. Just remember: persistence is key! Good luck!

Can you give me a link to belt tinker which heals you? I have the one which gives you a shield...

Can you give me a link to belt tinker which heals you? I have the one which gives you a shield...
I was going to refer you to the guides, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. I'm either blind or surprised!
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=82200/spinal-healing-injector
I believe you discover its recipe randomly as you level Cataclysm Engineering. I forget exactly because my memory sucks. If you're going for the cogs for the Ghost Iron Dragonling (highly recommended), you should get the recipe eventually.
It heals 400 in PvE and 1200 in PvP with a 60 second cooldown! It has helped a ton and I recommend everyone who needs healing gets it. A great heal all around!

I was going to refer you to the guides, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. I'm either blind or surprised!
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=82200/spinal-healing-injector
I believe you discover its recipe randomly as you level Cataclysm Engineering. I forget exactly because my memory sucks. If you're going for the cogs for the Ghost Iron Dragonling (highly recommended), you should get the recipe eventually.
It heals 400 in PvE and 1200 in PvP with a 60 second cooldown! It has helped a ton and I recommend everyone who needs healing gets it. A great heal all around!

Spinal healing shares cd with healing pot. I think it's better to use grounded plasma shield. 250 in pve 750 in pvp. And u can macro it with wildvine potion which gives 429 hp :)

Man blood DK really sucks at dungeon soloing. its hard to get enough runic power for a death strike, especially when mobs stun/fear

maybe i just suck, but I go through packs of mobs and after each pack, my health is lower and lower. i can get my hp back up if i have a single mob im attacking, but with several mobs, it doesnt help much

Agree with Tom Ganks, seems like people who says DK can solo every content efficiently havn't played the class or havnt fought bosses with certain mechanics. I have both warrior and DK geared and yet fury war with another crusader, ignore pain and 3% max health every 3.5 sec, DK just falls short

Inb4: Murr I cAN SolO "Captain" Cookie with DK nO PRobLEM

maybe i just suck, but I go through packs of mobs and after each pack, my health is lower and lower. i can get my hp back up if i have a single mob im attacking, but with several mobs, it doesnt help much
Honestly I haven't solo'd much but I've pulled ahead of healers. Normal rotation seems to keep me around 75% and a Crusader proc will top me off. Blooddrinker hits/heals for 1192 and Death Strike is critting between 700-800s. Wep damage is pretty important. AMZ cuts all magic damage and Blood Tap for large pulls. Spinal Injector if you need it. BoA Neck and Defending Champion heal are options too.
[doublepost=1609790710,1609790533][/doublepost]Of topic but is Brewmaster at all playable (pvp and pve)?

Last edited:
On my DK I haven't been able to solo some bosses due to particular mechanics they possess. Also of note, based on incoming damage I took on my paladin on some boss fights during my classic dungeonmaster run, I can pretty much say that I don't think DK is equipped to handle them with current gearing barring some insane luck on procs or some other oddity. There's a massive gap between between mitigation on "standard" sets and ability to heal from abilities. I've tested DK with massive amounts of haste in order to improve incoming healing, but haven't found the right balance of stats to achieve what I feel would enable you to solo most of the old content. This is just my opinion based on my DK. Maybe I'll find something more substantial with more testing in the next few weeks though.

Users who are viewing this thread