Can you solo any instances at lvl 20 F2P?

Jaqstar

Veteran
Just wondering if it's possible to solo any instances at lvl 20 as a F2P?
What class and which instances?

Haven't seen any guides on this topic in here.

Thanks in advance.
J.

Curious about this one, as well.

I haven't really dove into SL yet, but soloing has always been one of my favorite things.

I can tell you that solo unfriendly classes can make their way through a lot of instances, albeit very slowly. I wound up sending a handful of my toons into BRD for the hat quest when it seemed like it would take forever to get a queue pop and people to help with said quest, and all of them eventually made it. Some with many deaths, but they all made it through in the end.

9.0 is too new to really know quite how far you can push things, and soloing dungeons as 20s has been too niche to have people making detailed guides. Things are soloable. If you want to know more, try yourself and see how far you can push the systems.

Yes, you can. I'm not sure about other classes though, but Hunters can do it relatively easily. It takes some kiting here and there on big pulls, but generally you can have an endurance or ferocity pet do the tanking for you and then you just blast shit off. I solo'd shadow labs just fine on my Survival last week for the socketed boots and bracers from the quests. The only annoying thing was Grandmaster Vorpil, but because the fight is kinda ass rather than hard (the whole voidwalker explosion thing + "haha I'll teleport you" can be somewhat triggering). Murmur was just a tank 'n' spank with careful usage of mend pet to keep the pet alive and tanking. If you're having trouble maintaining your health pool up, you can also stick to a Ferocity pet for the 10% leech. It may not seem like a lot, but Survival specifically benefits a lot from it. You'll heal off of your dots, Raptor Strike spam AND your mastery on top of that. It is particularly useful when dealing with large packs. It also helps to manage the health of the pet as Kill Command will heal it.

I'd imagine Fury Warrior makes for a great solo class once geared up because they scale very well with gear and double crusader procs offer good survivability + nice burst windows. Add to that the fact they can cleave every skill with whirlwind now, and trash packs can likely be cleared with relative ease.

Generally though I would say every class has at least one spec that can solo dungeons, albeit ones slower than others of course. It will all come down to the gear you have and your patience to deal with the potential need to kite mobs and stuff.

Prot Paladins seems very good for solo'ing and mass pulls, since most of its damage is AoE and they have Divine Shield and Lay on Hands on top of casted and instant heals.

The only notable boss I couldn't solo so far is Emperor Thaurissan, due to his stun spams.

It should be noted that the trinket https://pt.wowhead.com/item=86572/fragmento-de-terracota?bonus=6691 downscales to lvl20, as I have it but never used. Could be useful for some bosses for some classes!

Prot Paladins seems very good for solo'ing and mass pulls...
My prot paladin can solo every dungeon...
200.gif

classes with pet tanks, or classes with self heal can solo the dungeon relatively easily but slowly. Classes with no on-demand self heal like arms warrior can only clear trash but not beat the boss

*cries in arms warrior*

Hey, there is the Runeblade of Baron Rivendare . Its healing effect is actually good in-game.

I tried to solo Violet hold with a decently geared ret pally with that sword (ret gets even more healing) and got stomped.

Not saying it cant be done, just saying that it's not a super fix-all weapon for DPS to solo.

edit- havent tried anything else, that dungeon was just easy to get to... might work better elsewhere.

Including the Legion Dungeons? What about that big boss at the back of the boat?
The only thing that can really threaten you on the fight ( not including dodgeable mechanics) are the destructor tentacles which hit really hard and fast. but yeah I have solo'd it on my paladin.

So is Prot Pal even better than Blood DK for soloing currently?

Neat.

Hmmm not having any issues soloing dungeons with my prot pala, You can take any pull without problem in any dungeon. And same with bosses

if u are playing f2p, it is a good idea to create multiple free accounts and 'solo' the dungeons thru your own team. It is possible to run multiple copies of wow with moderate PC hardware. Even keyboard broastcasting software is now banned, multi-boxing is still viable without special tools by some careful planning. For me, i can 'solo' Old Hillsbrad Foothill in 45 minutes with a team consists of a tank, a healer, 2xdps.

Guys, is it possible to solo the following three instances @20 F2P?

- Scholomance
- Stratholme
- Zul’Gurub

If you’ve done it, please share some strategies.

Thanks

Do you prot pally guys use crusader or ele force? Not having any problems with ele force but wondering about options.

(honestly mine is level 10 but I'll be doing 20 as well.... someday lol)

Users who are viewing this thread